Launchpad Was Unable To Connect...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mabiel, Aug 19, 2015.

1. airdgc New Member

2. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

One issue is it's saying I have to purchase the program which I can't do right now.
    I guess I have to manually go in and try to remove whatever is there. It may take a long time so I won't be able to get any more assistance (it's the weekend and then I work long hours all next week).

Bye bye EQ.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-dns-unlocker-removal/

Removing DNS Unlocker will likely take more than one run through. Above is another link, similar to the already provided but some extra instructions. Removing adware like that is a PITA. Never use default settings. If you do 9 out of 10 times a secondary program may be installed without your knowledge. Always use customize setup when installing anything.
  4. Sarkaukar Augur

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r/8a2422db-1a52-4af1-9ff7-53be1047f18b?auth=1

I am including the post from MS forums as someone came back infected again and was directed again to the browser extensions. Simply noting that the malware can be installed and running by more than one method.

Also, something I do not see noted anywhere is the programs used, they will show you the quarantined items. Make sure to Empty/Destroy the quarantined files when you are satisfied it is not a false positive.
  5. Tyrolias Journeyman

Confirmed. And folks, by "updated Win XP" he/she means Service Pack 3.

I'm still unclear though as to what about SP3 fixed the Launchpad issue. On SP2 with IE7, I had TLS 1.0 available to me, checked, and it wasn't working. Now, on SP3 with the same old IE7, I still only have TLS 1.0 available to me - yet Launchpad runs just fine. I was under the impression from an earlier post in here that 1.1 and/or 1.2 are now required - guess not... /shrug

Anyway, I'm sure we Win XP SP3'ers will run into this same issue again sooner than later. Only next time, the only fix will be a new machine altogether. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if EQ was a bit more modern- ohhhh I get it now! lol <3
  6. Trox2010 Augur

I had just updated to XP SP3 and now the Launcher is working. After seeing Tyrolias' post I realized I hadn't updated to SP3 after completely wiping and reinstalling XP on tht machine about months ago. So if you are having trouble using the Launcher on a XP box make sure you have SP3 installed.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Glad to see some people are getting things working and thanks to airdgc for helping everyone.
  8. Derd Augur

Was really great to see all the work Airdgc did working with you all. On Monday when I I asked why you wouldn't update to sp3 might have got some of you on a lot earlier. Air's post were very much appreciated by those of us that know how hard the dev's and support staff are overworked with all the changes at DBG :)
  9. Trox2010 Augur

Ahh yes I just realized that I was remiss in thanking Airdgc for all the help he gave in this; probably would have gotten no where with out their help. I definitely appreciate all the hard work the the devs and support staff puts in.
  10. ocean New Member

I am having the same problem as atheiflegacy tried following airdgc advice but still not working
  11. Brydon New Member

If I may share my own experience, that may apply to some, but certainly not all.

I am running box on an old PC {XP}, and one day after a fresh PC start up, my launcher would not connect. An additional symptom that occurred was that my internet browser {rarely used on this PC} would not connect to some web sites.

The solution in my case was that some how, my date and time was altered to 2002. I fixed the date and time, and the launcher launched.

I hope this helps some, if not all.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. kraggnar Elder

I now have to load in comatibilty mode running windows 8 on an alian ware system...This is getting ridiculous.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Running a 16 year old game in compatibility mode is ridiculous?
    complexication likes this.
  14. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Hi airdgc,

i took the liberty to perform the test you suggested to ATHIEFLEGACY:
    https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq.fake/live/ does not load/display when using IE8 under XP SP 3. ("Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage ... What you can try: Dignose Connection Problems ...")
    It works when i use Firefox on the same machine though.
    When using Firefox, it produces the parameters you where talking about. Utilizing those parameters, the eqgame.exe can be started and instantly logs into the account of the login credentials i provided on your website.
    But those results could be expected, if one takes into account what i wrote in my prior post. I still hope this information helps you in any way.

Do have any educated guess why the newly patched "Daybreak Game Company LaunchPad has encountered a problem and needs to close" on that same machine (see prior post) and maybe any suggestion what i can try do about it?
  15. kraggnar Elder

Since up until this week I have never had to yes.....
  16. kraggnar Elder

Well I went home over lunch and tried to log on. Nothing just runs patcher and sits there. Tried the different test from the pop-up still nothing. So I went into Mcafee firewall setting and turned off the second setting for eq and launcher and now it loaded.

I have since shut off the computer and will see what happens when I get home.
  17. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Apparently a forum member found the reason why the recently patched LauchPad crashes on my machine:
    It is related to the LaunchPad (the version updated from August 17th onward) trying to execute a SSE2 instruction on a processor that doesn't support those instructions - in my case an AMD Athlon XP.

It is a strange situation: the game EQ runs well on my machine, only the LaunchPad doesn't. o_O
    I pray Daybreak soon (before the next game patch!) releases a launchpad, which does not utilize SSE2 (or even more advanced) instructions, so i can still patch EQ on my machine.