Launchpad Was Unable To Connect...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mabiel, Aug 19, 2015.

1. airdgc New Member

no problem. you are helping us solve the problem so don't by sorry.
    1) open the link in the browser.
    2) hit f12 and change to network tab
    3) hit refresh or f5 to reload the page
    4) a list of urls should appear in the network tab as urls load
    5) look at the column labeled "status" and see if you see any values over 399 which would mean a problem loading.
    hopefully that helps.
  2. airdgc New Member

3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't have an issue connecting, but a guildmate and some other folks I've talked to in game did or still do have connection problems. I'd just like to throw out that I'm running EQ (2 instances) on a Win7 machine, SP1, Use TLS 1.2 unchecked, IE9 (I don't surf the web on that machine, so no need to update IE)...I connect just fine. So, the SSL/TLS may not be the issue at all for some folks.
  4. airdgc New Member

I think if any of TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 are pesent it will work. But just SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 are no good. I said TLS 1.2 in my post because I want to encourage everyone to make sure they have the latest.
    Felicite and Iila like this.
  5. Iila Augur

JChan's post about making sure TLS 1.0 was enabled sounded more like security on your side was being lax, good to hear that's not the case.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

I only have TLS 1.0 on my computer that is having issues (only an XP machine), and from what I have read TLS 1.2 is incompatible with XP. So if TLS 1.2 is required then EQ isn't going to work on XP without a work around.
  7. airdgc New Member

Trox2010, can you load https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq.fake/live/ in IE? I do see that Windows XP does not support TLS 1.1 or 1.2. Also XP is no longer supported by Microsoft as of this April--no security updates etc. Maybe it's time to upgrade and say goodbye to XP (which was released in 2001)? ;)
    complexication and Iila like this.
  8. Iila Augur

Too bad the free win10 upgrades don't go back to XP.
  9. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

10. Trox2010 Augur

Yeah it loads up that site with no issues.

As for upgrading the computer it really can't handle anything outside of XP; and is mainly used for playing music while I game and for second accounts for various games (Everquest, EvE, Archeage to name a few) that I play. I've gotten it to work by updating the client on my main computer, uploading it to the XP box, and then working around the launcher (using patchme in the eqgame shortcut).
  11. airdgc New Member

12. kraggnar Elder

ok I was on earlier today with both accounts using windows 8 on an alienware machine. this evening I cam home and tried to load and it wouldn't let me click anything. I downloaded the malware app and found 2 Trojans and fixed that and 1 account loaded but I can't load 2 accounts on this computer now. it loads the screen says already playing and won't let me switch accounts.
  13. mtbryant New Member

Okay, basically what I am getting out of this is a patch was put in , in the last two weeks that basically renders Win XP users unable to play EQ, is that about it?
    With all due respect, a little warning might have been in order ,assuming DB knew that WinXP being incapable of supporting the TLS 1.1 or 1.2 protocols was going to have this end result on WinXP Users.
    I can load that test site just fine https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq.fake/live/ and i don't use IE for anything ever, I use Mozilla FireFox. IE is and always has been a 2nd rate browser.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am still playing EQ perfectly well on my one machine that runs XP. Been playing with it all evening.
  15. Starsis New Member

Same issue on a clean Windows 7 64 bits ... back from holidays, nothing changed on comp and worked like a charm when i left ... definitely not a local issue imo.
  16. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

My entire off week is gone and the weekend is drawing near. Here's what happened.
    So I ran that Spyhunter and it found a lot of problems and seemed to isolate them. Funny thing is I ran a similar program previous to not being able to log into EQ and I had a couple but it wasn't THAT bad. I did shut off my Firewall because from what I read Firewalls and Antivirus programs stops EQ so I took it all out the picture.
    I tried the Launcher after Spyhunter finished. I was able to enter Screen Name, Password, ABLE to click the box that saves the account info and able to click the other buttons around the Launcher. When I went to Log In button it dimmed but didn't change. The comp's light was blinking and I could hear it working but nothing happened. So I waited (just in case) for an hour and half... figured maybe it got hung up somewhere. Still nothing.
    Any info you need from me to hopefully get this done before the weekend? After today I only get Saturday thru Sunday afternoon to play. :( And my Gold Membership is Gone by now.
  17. mtbryant New Member

Thanks for that feedback , now we have established that Win XP not supporting the TLS 1.1 or 1.2 protocol
    isn't the core issue ,as some WinXP Users ( such as you) can indeed play perfectly fine. Which helps, but
    doesnt solve the problem overall.
  18. kraggnar Elder

Ok my fix was to go into the EQ folder and use the old launcher with the silver S. Now I can load 2 accounts on my machine again.
  19. airdgc New Member

TLS 1.0 is accepted by daybreak game servers so updated Win XP should work.

Athieflegacy, did you notice if "dns unlocker" was one of the virus's removed?
  20. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman