Launchpad Was Unable To Connect...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mabiel, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Let me help Daybreak out quick. Instead of giving fixes that aren't fixes I decide to look stuff up in the INTERNET and found some people that know a thing or two about what may be occurring.
    I googled "EVERQUEST gamelaunchercefchildprocess.exe
    I found a LINK! http://forum.smartlaunch.net/Topic8631-9-1.aspx#bm8922
    I found a POST!
    Since this is NOT on our end maybe now you'll escalate this to someone who handles the programming and maybe fix it. I can't write script or I would do it myself.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

Cleaning up this thread a bit. Just a reminder, even if you're frustrated it's still important to follow the forum guidelines.

When sending information to our team about issues you're having, please be constructive and provide information on the specific errors you're receiving.

Personal attacks on the forums or in CS tickets is something that is generally "not awesome" and does affect those people who are reading your messages while they're trying to help :(

We're aware that some people are still having an issue getting in game. We're working to resolve these issues, and having players provide good info on the errors you're receiving helps our team hone in and address the specific issues people are having.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

For what it is worth I run one machine with XP completely up to date as it will ever get and have had no launchpad issues. At some point though XP may no longer be up to the task. I can't say I would blame Daybreak if that every happens.

And let me share something I went through once. One day after the server crashed I logged in and found my very large guild (I think the guild was 11 years old at the time) gone. Somehow the guild had been deleted. I spent many days going back and forth in petitions being told I had to just reinvite everyone manually. At no point did I start attacking the CS staff who were just doing their jobs. Disagreed with the answer I got sure. Disagreed a lot. Eventually I got in touch with Mr. Smedley who copied me on the email that said "Make it right". Took a few weeks but they restored my guild with almost every toon back except for a couple that had to be added back manually and 50 or so very old inactive accounts.

I get how frustrating it is not to be able to log in to the game. Its not just a game to us its a place we have made friends and socialize in too. Maybe I am being too Smurfy here but lets treat the CS folks with respect. Daybreak wants to get everyone back in game and having fun.
  4. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

@Roshen, I'm not getting errors, my launcher is inactive.
  5. JChan Developer

Will you provide a screenshot?
  6. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Sure, I can only input my SCREEN NAME and Password but NONE of the buttons are active.

And I'm trying to put the image on here but I have it saved on my desktop. It won't let me copy/paste
  7. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

8. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

9. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

See, basically I can type in my Screen Name and Password, I am unable to check the box for saving the account info and I cannot click any other option on the Launcher
    I hope I explained it thoroughly enough, I'm not really tech savvy with this sort of thing.
  10. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Also, if that screen shot doesn't help that I posted above you could always INBOX me on here and I'll send you any information you need form my Comp so expedite this situation.
  11. airdgc New Member

This post pertains to people who are experiencing the "LaunchPad was unable to connect." error.

I think the root issue may be that your windows SSL/TLS (the secure protocol used to talk to https servers) are out of date. If you can't open https://lpj.daybreakgames.com/eq2/live/ in lnternet Explorer then you most likely can't run the launchpad either. Go to "control panel", "internet options" and choose the "advanced" tab and scroll down to the bottom. (You can also get to this window through the menu in internet explorer.) You should see "Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0, Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, Use TLS 1.2". Make sure "Use TLS 1.2" is checked. If "Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, Use TLS 1.2" aren't listed as an option you need to run windows updates. Reboot and see if this fix works.

The new launchpad servers do not support the older insecure protocols and allowing windows to auto update will probably help fix the issue. If you haven't updated your OS since December 2014 then you most likely can't run the launchpad since daybreak games put their security changes in recently. This cannot be fixed on the daybreak side because allowing the old insecure protocols to be used to contact daybreak servers would open the door to hackers. Keep windows updated!

I'm going to continue to research this and try to get an old windows machine setup and reproduce this error.

Also, the cef in gamelaunchercefchildprocess.exe refers to chromium embedded framework, a web browser library which launchpad uses.
    Gyurika Godofwar and CrazyLarth like this.
  12. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Awesome information. On my Advanced "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2" are checked. "SSL 2.0 and 3.0" are not checked.

After I experienced these issues I ran a Windows Update just to be sure that wasn't it.

Thanks for trying to help. If anything else comes to mind please let me know, I have this Forum open all day. This is day 5 now, so more than likely my Gold Membership will be gone but at least once you help me I can maybe get in and get low end gear and play again.
  13. airdgc New Member

I didn't think it would help you in particular since your issue does not seem to be a network issue. A few of questions.
    1) can you see the mouse cursor?
    2) does the login button highlight (get slightly lighter) if you move your mouse over it?
    3) if you enter username and password and then hit tab, space, tab enter does it log you in?
  14. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

My window's arrow is there and I can highlight the different hotbuttons and it tells me what they are but when I click them nothing happens.
    For 2 it dims when I highlight or click it then nothing happens. Just sits there.
    I tried tabbing through and it only targets the bottom row but am unable to use enter to activate it nor the cursor.

Hope all that made sense. :/

Also the TSR that assisted me three days ago had me go through all the POP UP, Firewall and other stuff related. He was answering my responses quickly, but since then nobody's messaged me. I turned on my Pop Up blocker about 20 minutes ago because I opened Chrome and anything I did was triggering pop ups.

Thank you for responding to my post also.
  15. airdgc New Member

Here's a crazy thing to try-- open this link in IE and try to log in, accept the eula and hit play. It won't actually patch and update the eq game but it will give you the command line args you need to launch everquest.exe. You can make a .bat file in the game directory with everquest.exe followed by the command line args. That may launch the game for you. It's not a permanent fix as it won't update eq when there are game updates but I'd like to know if it works for you. If IE doesn't work try a different browser and let me know if any browser you have works.
  16. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

Ok, so it doesn't do anything (like you said, like launch the game) the LOG IN Button still reads log in (and it highlights to bright green) but doesn't change to anything. I clicked SUPPORT at the bottom (the link) and it worked, redirected me so I close out that window.
    I tried it through Chrome... EULA (nothing came up that showed that) and I don't know how to do the other args thing or whatever you're referring to.
    I tried to run the launcher and it did the same thing afterward.

Haha this is just not fun... Camping a seven day mob or even a 22 minute spawn is NEVER going to anger me again LoL
  17. airdgc New Member

when you open the link in a browser and click login it still does nothing? If so can you hit F12 to open the developer console, chose the console tab and then click Login a few times and see if there are javascript errors?
  18. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

I didn't know about F12 :) Thanks. This is what comes up as an error I think:
    locale=en_US&files=libs/jquery/plugins/jquery.zrssfeed.min^libs/jquery/plugins/jquery.mou…:323 Uncaught TypeError: _.object is not a function
  19. airdgc New Member

ok now we are getting somewhere. looks like a javascript library called underscore is not loading for you. could you look under the network tab after hitting F12, load the url and then look at the urls that load and see if any have a status column value larger than 399? I'm trying to see if there are any resources that fail to load for you
  20. ATHIEFLEGACY Journeyman

I know you're trying to help and I'm REAL sorry I am not better at this. How do I load URL and then look at the URL's that load? I am under the NETWORK tab but have no idea what to do next. :/