Mercs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Velven, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Velven New Member

I think that they should put mercs into the game but not all of them just the Cleric and Tank Mercs Apprentice 1-4 with a limite of 1 merc per group. This will help groupers it will also give the game a bit more flexabilty. If you only have an houre to play jump on pop a merc and kill some stuff with out having to lfg wait..wait..wait.. Get your group now you only have 30 min. This will extend the life of the tlp servers.
  2. Lifetap Augur

That's weird, I've never had a problem finding a group on the TLP servers.
  3. Zublak Augur

Groups for levels 1-30 get harder to find as TLP goes on. This is why 6 months of Classic can be tough. After about 2-3 months even the very casual players are hitting levels 30-50 and there are not longer many groups below those levels.

If I had to guess an average number I'd say; 50% of the server were level 50 within 2 months - 20% level 40-49 - 20% 30-39 - 10% 20-29 - 10% 1-19

So now we're 3 months or so in the numbers of people hitting 40-50 have probably almost doubled.

I see very few people exping in North Ro, Oasis (South Ro), Commons, Befallen, Upper Guk - 1-2 months ago these zones were still very populated.
  4. Foxxbott Lorekeeper

Wow ok no. Just... no. :confused:
  5. Foo Chow New Member

Well if they put Cleric and Tank mercs I want Mage mercs... Go big or go home!
  6. rick Augur

great theory but i think it is wrong .. THERE are alts..

also IF you are in one of these great power guilds i hear so much about it would be a great idea to get out and HELP the lower level players or even make and alt and group with them.. YOU might find out something about them BEFORE you get banned for something that THEY did (sorry just read that other post there and had to take a little jab)
  7. vardune Augur

NO MERCS EVER....YOU MUST BOX.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  8. Necromonious Augur

Everyone is going to assume you mean the J1 tank mercs of live and scream bloody murder at that suggestion, because the J1 tank mercs on live are riiiiiidddiiiiccculllloooouuussssllllyyy powerful from lev 1-60
  9. Machen New Member

The apprentice tank mercs are pretty damn powerful too from level 1-60. Maybe not godmode like the j1, but way more powerful than any tank or dps player in classic or kunark gear.
  10. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    Just NO.

The anti-thesis of my Norrath imo: "If you only have an houre to play jump on pop a merc and kill some stuff with out having to..."

Here's what you do when you only have an hour to play: realize you have limited options within the general scope of playing this particular TLP MMO game and have fun by choosing from a myriad of OTHER OPTIONS.

Theres: grinding mobs for tradeskill drops you need, selling off some stuff in the CL tunnel, helping a newbie or some young guildies get something accomplished, working on a baby alt for a bit, getting a friend to bring on their druid or ranja to help you with tracking a mob you need for some goal... NOT ASKING FOR AN NPC BABYSITTER to make your solo play in Norrath ...IN TLP EVERQUEST (!) ...more "convenient and powerful" for 60 minutes. Plenty of live servers with that decrepit op armor and mercs easily available as a choice for you.
  11. Steampunk Augur

Go back to the live servers. Stop trying to change the TLP servers.
  12. Zublak Augur

Banned? WTF are you talking about bud?

I have already leveled about 6 toons to 50 now and am currently leveling 2 more who are around level 9. I do group with people/invite them to my group. I'm just stating facts. You're a bitter person.
  13. Nolrog Augur

14. rick Augur

humm .. I am bitter??
  15. Malachi Augur

How incredibly sad it would be when you almost would have to make a strict progression style guild on a progression server that hasn't even reached the first expansion yet. Asking for mercs is asking for pok books and then defiant gear.
    moogs and Fallfyres like this.
  16. Beastro Augur

Everybody knows Unrest is the prime spot at those lvs, and with the newbie numbers lower, it frees that place up.
  17. liveitup1216 Augur

If they charge kronos or money for mercs, what's the difference from boxing?
  18. Necromonious Augur

Much easier to use mercs, that'd be one difference ;)
  19. Malachi Augur

Before I play along with this tasty hypothetical, let's forfeit the idea that they would ever charge Kronos or the monetary equivalent for a merc.

Boxing is a natural occurrence outside of the mechanics and design of the game. What i mean is just because people have the means, resources, apathy to somewhat counter their intent, doesnt change their intention to regurgitate the early eras of the game. They shouldn't give into contradicting the intention of progression servers to make it more convenient to the point you can't tell the difference between these servers and all the others ONLY a few months after its release.

Injecting major game changig mechanics of the game very early on a progression server would make absolutely no sense. Their basis for releasing these servers was for players to progress thru older content in an environment where that content is relevant to the progression on their character.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

And lowest tier mercs are arguably less powerful than even two boxing. You'd get what you pay for. (Which is pretty much how the games working right now.)