VOTE: Is it Time for Kunark to Come to Ragefire?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Starfix New Member

You forgot to divide result by two....
    Just think about why...
  2. Qflex Journeyman

Man just at looking at the kunark art gives me the chills, i remember when i got my copy back when i was super young. Bring back so many memories.
  3. ReaperAlpha New Member

Yes, We have all been looking forward to it
  4. Steampunk Augur

Well, you just go ahead and call it like you see it. None of this information has been hidden. It's all been way out in public on the forums and in the chats. If it has taken you this long to figure it out, then I don't think anybody really cares whether you call them fanboy or not. Tell me, do you walk around with an Ipod playing a recording of "Breathe in, breath out, breathe in, breathe out..."? Make sure you replace your batteries regularly.
  5. Lenenae New Member

Voting No. (and I'll continue to vote No until the 6 month mark, if possible)

Originally I was going to take 3 months off and come back 3 months later, but Daybreak was wise making the vote AFTER my subscription had to re-up and changing to 3 months even though I suspect the majority of users back at the one month mark voted to keep Kunark release at the 6 month window.

I'm a little disappointed. I love EQ and I want to play, but my time is limited. For example I only got my cleric up to level 37 in 3 months. (Being a dad is tough) I'm ready to go play something else for a while then come back at 6 months, but now I have to login once every 2 weeks and vote. Lame.

Am I being unreasonable? Maybe. I was jazzed by the 6 month idea. 3 months just feels too rushed.

Edit: I hate that this forum says I'm a new member. I played this game religiously from Beta 4 til Expansion 7 or so.
  6. Lirika New Member

I vote Yes
  7. Tweelis Augur

I'll be voting yes.

Starfix, I got a real chuckle out of you going off the rails....as did my tween kids. Our family is very very casual, as in two of the four of us will be allowed to vote. Both my kids are hoping you can explain the rational behind this post:

This vote has been out in the open; there are no surprises here.

DB is trying to cater to people's wishes. I applaud them for doing this.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...for-kunark-in-game.224117/page-2#post-3273237

This is a screenshot of the in game pole. It clearly shows what is being voted on and the options available. The first vote was if RF should be allowed to vote in 3 months or held to 6 months. This vote is for Kunark opening or not.

Voting to instance planes or boxing......the more they instance the more headaches they get. How about we let them have a decision now and then? Why vote for boxing? There's already been talk about a no box server. Just because something is important to you doesn't mean it's important to the community in general to waste resources on.
  8. Jordis Augur

Maybe I don't understand this correctly. Any character level 30 or higher can submit a vote, so if you have 10 level 30 or higher characters you get to vote 10 times? And not once for each account?
    It's okay to have a bunch of higher level characters voting and "too easy" to make lower level voters as a way of voting? Why not just ONE vote per account?
  9. Weverley Augur

U can vote on each character on same account that is level 30 but if u do you just gonna rewrite your vote each time only your last vote on that account gonna show for the results.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

^ this.

The system will only recognize the LAST vote you made from a character that qualified to vote from your account. Votes aren't one per character, they're one per account (but you need to vote from a character that qualifies).
  11. Silentchaos Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=88043
    Porygon likes this.
  12. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------
    *Lenenae - If you go to your forum name/account and click it and look on the left column of selections for Badges. You can choose to have your 'badges' show, which reflects whether you are All Access and/or multigame etc.
  13. Zublak Augur

Would have been interesting to see a vote sooner on Lockjaw. I know the flames will fly high on this post, but I am curious how many want Kunark after 3 months and just wanted to get away from Ragefire and/or wanted 3 months of Classic and 6 months of the others and feared Ragefire would 3 months for all.

But looks like it'll be December!
  14. Imminent Journeyman

I don't understand why it is, a company releases something, says we'll revisit the next expansion, crusade,campaign etc...and then doesn't do what they say they're going to do. You have created a mess with the so-called "Mage Armies" on these servers and now catering to them. You (Verant, Sony, DB) already gave the boxers nirvana, it's called the Blue Servers. If the company wanted a more "representative" poll, they should ONLY allow votes from toons level 10-29. You have a far broader base from players there that represent what the intent was behind these types of servers. Most players (I would venture to say 10-29) have other responsibilities in life other than gaming. I would also venture to say that they also represent a better Return on Investment and Return on Capital for your company than 25 single players who get their kicks screwing their fellow players by perma-camping items and spawn locations for their singular goal of amassing some sort of pixelated wealth or pixelated stature. I had toons on the server and enjoyed the experience once again until you catered to the same environment as the blue servers went through.
  15. Zublak Augur

Most irrelevant reply so far on this. That idea is pointless. Most people that only get to level 10-29 quit playing before the ones actually getting to max level. After 3 months if you're under level 30 than that's your own problem. It does not require much time at all to reach level 30. Even averaging 10 hours a week you could be close to if not level 50.

But again, you're calling out anyone that plays more than what you think they should which is unfair. Not everything revolves around you. If your idea were the case people could lvl to 10 in about, oh 15 minutes and vote and manipulate it.

Flame on.
  16. Fanacuz New Member

Dear daybreak,

It doesn't matter how we vote, you do what you want.

The End.
  17. Fanacuz New Member

PS i would pay extra... a lot more money, to play on a server that only allows one account per household or IP
  18. Fornow Lorekeeper

tried and failed on p99 :) VPN anyone??
  19. Yoshinkai New Member

YES ...Please
  20. Roshen Brand Manager