Lord Grimrot spawn timer and PH chance.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drathstar, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Drathstar New Member

DBG this is ridiculous...

The current spawn timer for Lord Grimrot is 2.5 hours with a 20 minute window. While this would not be too difficult to deal with, his spawn rate is abysmally low. Coupled with the fact that you have to kill both of his forms to complete the Aegis of Life quest makes this camp unbearable. I've killed over 20 place holders and only seen 1 Lord Grimrot spawn. That's less than 5% chance for him to spawn.

With the server population way above 1999 levels and the amount of clerics/paladins trying to camp this guy, could DBG please lower his spawn timer or increase his spawn chance? Do what you did for JBoots; Make all the putrid skeletons in the area have a chance to spawn him.

Currently I'm sitting on my 3rd week of camping him and it's making me want to eat babies like Chronos (not to be confused with Krono).

Help us clerics and paladins out, so we don't eat our own children!
    Yara_AB likes this.
  2. Fiyero Augur

Yeah it's pretty awful. Most people take at least 60 hours to get both pieces.
  3. Naelbis Elder

I spent 52 hours at that camp before I finished the quest. Maxed out all factions long before I finished, killed Quillmane once and got his cloak, plus farmed over 2k bone chips off the putrids. Brutal is an understatement.
  4. Zublak Augur

I guess if you're on LJ you get 3 more months to work on it!

/duck
  5. Diemond Augur

His spawn rate isn't so much the problem, problem being sooooooo many clerics wanting/needing to camp him and being in a zone that doesn't have an instance created for it a lot of times.
  6. Drathstar New Member

Potentially, but going an entire weekend with 2 picks open and 0 spawns is pretty bad...
    Simone likes this.
  7. Diemond Augur

Yeah was just saying the spawn time wasn't the only problem. Number of clerics and lack of instancing are big ones too for him
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've pretty much never seen that thing not camped, so gave up for paladin pretty quick with kunark on the horizon.

On that topic, anyone know if this:
    http://wiki.project1999.com/Princess_Lenya

Quest is active? Seemed like a decent alternative for the unicorn riders if so.
  9. Templeton Augur

You know how I did it?

I shut up, put some netflix on, spent some time chatting to folks, and just did it.

Let's not start on that slippery slope of asking for the game to be more casual and these kind of items easy being easy to get? You didn't come here to this server for that, surely?
  10. Drathstar New Member

I don't really expect anything to be changed, honestly. DBG has bigger fish to fry than to worry about the spawn timer/pop rate of Lord Grimrot. Just came here to rant a little and see if anyone else felt the same way. As far as difficulty goes, killing Lord Grimrot is trivial. Waiting 60 hours for him to spawn is an exercise in patience/dedication and praying to RNGesus.
  11. Zublak Augur

After all... It is best in slot.
  12. Yara_AB Augur

So - question: Who did consider using /feedback ingame to suggest such a change yet?
    If things work out like I have been told, this should have a good chance to get the attention of devs, maybe. Or maybe that dgcissuetracker?
  13. Templeton Augur

Having the patience and self discipline to do a camp like that is the difficulty I am referring to.

Trivializing that is the slippery slope I am also referring to. This game often tests more than your character's stats after all.

If the camp has broken you to the point of coming here and asking for it to be easier, then all I can assume is that you weren't up to the challenge. That's no reason to lower the bar for everyone else though.
  14. Elovera Journeyman

Aegis shield is one of my most prized possessions because it was such a horrid camp I value having it more. I was allied with the Priests long before I got my pieces. I think I collected around 800 bone chips.
    Templeton likes this.
  15. Nuttmeg Augur

Templeton, that is beyond stupidity. If somehow the quest spawn turned into 100 hours... 300 hours, it ISN'T a "challenge" that the poster isn't up to.

Your post is just as ludicrous as asking for load balanced zones to go away, because people aren't up to the "challenge" of competing for spawns.
  16. Templeton Augur

Others have done it. Without coming here and asking for it to be made easier.

All you have to compete with, on this occasion, is yourself. If you are not up to the camp then you don't deserve the item.

Lowering the bar after others have risen to the challenge and achieved the item, just because you can't, is beyond lame.
  17. Templeton Augur

Exactly.

Now how proud would you have been if it had been a stroll in, kill mob, stroll out task?

Kudos on achieving a hard to get item without complaining :)
  18. Drathstar New Member

Oh, I'll finish that quest, rest assured. It just gave me a warm and fuzzy to come on here and vent a little since I can't physically smash a putrid skeleton into dust during the 2.5 hours it takes for another one to spawn.
  19. Templeton Augur

LOL I can respect that! Good luck on your spawns my friend.
  20. Diemond Augur

I always say people aren't allowed to complain about a camp unless they have done the Grimrot camp :)