Getting tired of the bots...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

How the heck is a guy who is manually controlling his character by typing keys on the keyboard "not playing?" How is it anyone's fault but DBG that their game allows for meaningful income by repeatedly striking one key over and over again? Are we going to ban clerics in a cheal rotation next for only hitting 1?

You're the one that needs to use some common sense, here. If a person farming bonechips by hitting a hotkey over and over again isn't playing, who IS playing that toon then?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No body is farming bonechips for 8+ hours straight hitting a key at the keyboard.... Common sense is that 999999 out of a million it's an automated script. The other 1 time that person just got kicked off and relogged back in and said "wtf happened"

Just like I said you can keep coming up with excuses like "cheal rotation" which no one outside of the raid even cares... because you aren't monopolizing a target they can get anyhow.

Now if a whole raid could be automated then you'd have a different issue. But keep coming up with those "excuses" that might work one in a million as a reason not to bother the bots.
  3. Elor Elder

Your forgetting one more way that they could be killing those mobs. It could just be old fashioned mob agro. they removed the code that kicked being afk for ever so this would be an allowed thing to be online nonstop.

The undead attack a player no matter what level you are in some areas. The skeletons in nek forest come to mind as an example. It is possible to stand afk in noob area and when a decaying skeleton agros you for standing there your pet one shots them. No scripting, no hotkey button mashing, just the mob attacking you and your pet defends you. Now is this a good way to do things no there are way better camps to make cash. All I wanted to note was what I described is all in game mechanics as intended by the game design.

seomen ~ faceless
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Maybe it's just me but aren't all decaying skeletons indifferent? Or are the decaying skeletons really the bots attacking those defenseless farmers?
  5. Diemond Augur

That would still be considered botting since you purposely put your character there with the express intention to kill mobs whether through afk commands or from just simple agro while afk.
  6. Grandma Elder

wouldn't it help stop afk campers and bots if the pet was altered so you must click the attack button to make the pet attack?
  7. Freki Augur

*cough* enchanters can not control their pet like that.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Grandma Elder

I don't think enchanter pets are strong enough to hold down a camp on their own.
  9. Tronk Augur

Pretty sure he means that your idea fails since then it is impossible to send the pet in. Agro is the only trigger.

Also, you are just making the obvious push toward automation ... take away that and people just automate the Attack key for the purpose of making EQ run the way it always has.
  10. Tronk Augur

Thats absurd. It's completely fine to do that. They have said often that afk via agro killing is completely fine (ie when using pets and mercs to do so).
  11. Yara_AB Augur

12. Sumoldfogy New Member

that's kinda fukd up, preaching policy to a guy who is actually making an attempt to do something about botters.
  13. Argosh Augur

EVERY DAY

WELL-PLAYED.

We lead by example in our industry and are committed to giving back through volunteer work, mentorship and educational opportunities. For our players, fans and friends, we ask that you stand beside us without tolerance for bullies or cheaters.

We’re all here for the love of the game. We game for good.

Riiight.. maybe you could actually do what you say you do, DBG, for the good of the game.
  14. Vitali New Member

So you're saying, if someone gets kicked off their character and logs back in to continue what they are doing X number of times, to suspend them? Then if they continue to log in after being kicked and suspended, to ban them?

I read these forums from my phone, so I can't easily respond to idiot posts like this regularly. Today, however, I am home, This post is so bad it physically hurts me to read. People are such babies they will report anyone for anything if they can, so some person with more patience than most is farming things (anything, doesnt have to be the SMR, bonechips, etc.. you all target regularly), and gets a possible kick or suspension. Granted, in my adventures I have already had the pleasure of speaking with guides and they handle business pretty well, if things like this were taken seriously the server would be terrible.

If someone is responding to tells they are clearly there. They are playing. They are actively engaged in the game somehow. Adding any more stipulation then that is stupid. There shouldn't be a million hoops to jump through just to play and not be the target of some nerd raging report happy player.

[Edit] I am 100% against AFK playing, I should make this clear. People AFK farming are bad, and should be dealt with. People who are playing and able to chat a bit are clearly not AFK. You have no way to tell that they have gone through some great lengths to have tells sent to their cell phone or any nonsense like this, and without proof you can't just go around punishing people because you're .
  15. Sinzz Augur

"the bots" called, they sick of you humans too ,
    mouse clickers,
    afker's,
    chatter's,
    whiner's,
    you tuber's
    facebooker's
    farmviller's
    babysitter's
    breeder's
    you all get in the way of "the bots" total domination and they are sick of it ! :)
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

"If my bot can answer a tell but even if the game play looks 100% automated I'm not a bot"

Is that the bar we are trying to get past? Nobody that doesn't bot is worried about their game play looking like a bot every time they sit down at a long camp. The people that are worried are the folks that bot but have a way to respond every 30 minutes or so when they check in or have some type of odd alert setup to respond...

Is your game play looking like a bot so much that you are worried? I'm not and neither are the hundreds of folks who don't bot or automate 100% of their game play.
  17. Numiko Augur

Some Decayed skellies are agro, the ones in Nektulos forest will even attack a level 105
  18. code-zero Augur

You like to talk a lot of smack, how about you put petition into /guidehelp and see what happens? See if a guide contacts and then if you can somehow avoid talking to them. I don't have a dog in this fight but your attitude is pretty condescending and disrespectful. You come across as acting as if you believe that the guides and GM's are mentally challenged and couldn't tell if a response from a player is some sort of Liza bot or a real person.

Stop the primate chest thumping and the self help justice and learn what's really going on rather than what you seem to be fantasizing. I look at your post history and sometimes I wonder if you're even playing the game
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Here's how I know guidehelp isn't helping. It's real easy to test will only cost you a krono.

• Use krono for a new account
    • Setup bot to farm bonechips, not hidden, I'll pick qeynos
    • Let it farm for one day non-stop
    • Next day have 6 different accounts /guidehelp that the account you know is a bot "could be a bot"
    • Watch as 30 days rolls past without nothing ever happening.
    • Use bonechip profits to re-buy your krono, nothing lost.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Thanks never knew that in that zone. Only person I ever saw that looked like a bot in that zone was a mage sending a pet against targets while sitting a mile away from the action.

But then again maybe he wasn't a bot plenty of people sit in one spot for 8 hours clicking 1 button.