Server Downtime: Weds, Aug 19 @ 6:00 AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 6:00AM Pacific* for the August update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Patch Notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    Iila likes this.
  2. Goofydoofy Journeyman

It is after the patch has started and still no patch notes up on the forums.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess the patch hasn't started yet. Seems to be late.
  3. Tronk Augur

No, you are 24 hours early.
  4. Goofydoofy Journeyman

I seem to get dumber by the day.
    Potawatomi likes this.
  5. Whateverz New Member

So Monthly updates are posted on the forums less than 48 hours before they are going to occur, and less than 24 hours after an unexpected service outage. This has been going on for over a month now. I pay for this, and it seems ever time I try to log in, I can't. The thing that really got me was that they had an outage during prime time playing for US customers on a FRIDAY night. Gamebreak really needs to sit down and review ITIL. They have no accountability, or SLA. I don't even think they know what it means.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Monthly updates always come 1 week after the test update is posted. It has been this way for years. Nothing new, nothing surprising. Feel glad they give us time to test.

BTW they have no SLA with you, read the EULA, they also cannot account for outside influences on the game, if that is what is happening.
  7. Hiladdar Augur

Looks like there will be "patch day" three times this week, 17, 18, and 19th August.
  8. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Login servers are down now and patch is not until tomorrow.

I think the end is near when the servers need to be taken down on a daily basis. You guys really need to get your together or just shut the down. It is ridiculous that with tomorrow's patch, EQ will have down time in 4 of the last 6 days.

I normally don't agree with the players who feel the need for compensation over downtime, but when the game is starting to become unplayable, then Daybreak really need to look at a free month's compensation.
    Cadir likes this.
  9. Cadir New Member

So is this going to address the constant EQclientcrashes, the Rathe/Povar regular crashes each week and the Launchpad constant issues or Daybreak just ignoring those and messing around with such trivial things as giving mage pets armour on summoning the pet or CoH not removing mounts ? I personally would prefer an end to the server crashes for what seems no reason at all save that they seemed to occur soon after a guide event each time and a reduction in clientcrashes, but that would actually mean Daybreak having to work for our subscriptions:mad:
    Velaste and Morningdew like this.
  10. Zarakii Augur

yeah 16 year old servers and only 2 hour patch days sure is tough (remembers another game he plays thats 8+ hours downtime for maintenance) Thank you devs for workin everything out! =)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. asades New Member

12. Morningdew Lorekeeper

16 year old servers? I don't think so. This game would not even run on hardware that old. You can buy a 2 year old server for the price of an annual all access pass.
  13. Psdoff New Member

WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT AIN'T BROKEN. Yet AGAIN Daybreak strikes are messes up. Now have to restart my PC in order to get more than one Launchpad up at a time, meaning if I want to change toons and use another account I have to restart the whole group. Also means with the constant clientcrashes that they ignore I have to restart the whole PC cause I can't just access one launchpad while I have the game running. They are worse than the days of dial-up and the emergency patches after a main patch.:( 3 downtimes/lock outs in 6 days . Great reputation for getting players back. Pull your thumbs out of your backsides and do some work and earn the subscriptions:mad::mad::mad:
  14. Muksil New Member

Still no update notes besides what's on the test forum? :p Slacking more than monks!
  15. Barbwarrior Augur

they will make the patch notes if they actually manage to fix something :p ?
  16. Yimin Augur

Where are the patch notes ?
    Osgz likes this.
  17. Aurmoon Augur

Innovative new strategy! Daybreak is going to push the patch, see what they changed both on purpose and by mistake, then write the notes based on the findings!

Just kidding. This is the most anticipated patch for me in EQ history. I'm eager to see what was ultimately pushed.
  18. rdurbin New Member

19. Desmosis New Member

Update notes can be found on the "News" tab of the server select screen as of this writing. I think Roshen is just being lazy.
  20. Aurmoon Augur

Can you post it here for those of us that are at work?