Daybreak Remove FFA on Both Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CasualStrength, Aug 17, 2015.

1. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Agreed. Should make every spawn in game rotation based. I logged in this weekend, and there were no Efreeti Djarn camps open.
  2. KumbayaMyLordNagafen Lorekeeper

You can get an Efreeti camp every day if you're willing to be unscrupulous. Just ask Lotusfly how.
  3. Asheran Augur

Hey, he doesn't do anything wrong! Sometimes groups there just somehow manage to aggro all of the imps and guardians. He is just willing to invest the time into the game to guarantee he is there to get the newly opened camp...
  4. Elor Elder

clearly you didn't read what I said earlier.

To be honest I don't care what mobs you kill it doesn't effect me one bit. I never have met you and probably never will. That is not a slight to you its just a fact we have nothing to do with each other. who knows we could be neighbors in real life for all I know.

What I do know is that constant crying about things being hard isn't productive to anyone. I tend to be a solution oriented person. When I see someone talking about a problem or issue they are having my brain thinks "how can we fix this".

From what I can see and maybe I'm putting it into too simple of terms. The lack of willingness to put any effort to get what the original poster wants is scary to me. I fear that it will be taken as a serious argument, and the devs will take the clear self-interest to heart. The guise that no FFA would help is not even explainable to in any terms that make any kind of sense. It is all based on opinion and subjective observations.

Second, what I will not do is sit there, and nod my head with negativity and agree that everything is bad, and that the sky is falling. I play the game to have fun not to hear people whine about how its not this or that.

I have yet to see a coherent argument for the removal of FFA all I have seen is opinion on why its bad.

As to whether or not I like depriving others of gear honestly I don't care what you have it effects me zero percent.

Do like the competition of racing to mobs and getting server first etc?

Of course! who doesn't? To sit there and say you don't want to achieve things first is disingenuous and not in the least bit honest. Other wise you would be playing on live server where the content is instanced.

Honestly some of our guildies have gone to live to do "progression guilds" while we wait on kunark since we have months left of classic. So, in that example you're not important to what someone might want to accomplish not one bit.

The ego you mist have to think that others actually care what you do in a 16 year old game is amazing. The glory days are gone brother all those server first things people like my guildies and I did 16 years ago stand. they're nice and all that, but they don't really matter anymore. All that is left in EQ even on a TLP is the competition, and your friends.

seomen ~ faceless
    Simone likes this.
  5. Hexaholic Augur

The self entitled people finally get something, and then that's not enough. If y'all spent half the energy / time you do on raiding, that you do on complaining, you might actually get more kills.
  6. madriaxpharmakos New Member

should just buy JChan a case of Red Bull and ask her if she'd stay up late tonight and code in instances.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Try them frozen or even better frozen Chocodiles - you can thank me later.
  8. Vaclav Augur

She's more backend code than actual content development, unfortunately. Best we'd probably be able to get from her is a better toolset to help the devs like PrathunEQ make instances more efficiently.
  9. Thornpaw New Member

As a member of a more casual guild on Lockjaw I am fine with FFA. It honestly could just be faceless and AD fighting for raid loot. Not just because of the ability to get numbers on to kill the mobs at any point, but also because they are well organized and skilled. The 24 hour window helps out the guilds like the one I am in to be able to get kills in we are capable of during our peak hours. Yes some guilds would get more kills with FFA, but honestly those guilds deserve it. One might think there is some kind of tension between guilds on LJ based on these forums, but there really isn't. We all get along pretty well. The 24 hour window increase was a godsend to the more casual guilds that depend on set raid times to have a decent force.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Freki Augur

OP: very well... DBG will take over and despawn all these mobs forever JUST for you.

look at history: in the 2000's PREXUS had a rotation of naggy and vox for THREE GUILDS. they came in and said hey we don't care about other guilds we will do this for us, and if others break the rotation we shun them so they get shamed. and it worked great.... then suddenly a 4th guild say F off!!!1 we want to do this and we can do this! so guess what. we dont' care if you shun/shame us and broke the rotations, then everyone flooded in and it was hell after for a while till pop.

so sure this is 2015.... lets TRY to be civil about it and see what people like but rage fire found out what people like about rotations that don't include them.... they don't. if you have issues with the current rotations come up with a better system, show everyone how it is better and replace the current one. DBG will support it if more people support it than the first. either that or game up and do it properly.
  11. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

Guess who's involved in an Efreeti stealing dispute again tonight? I'll give you a hint: It starts with an 'L' and ends with an 'otusfly'.
  12. Fiyero Augur

Guess who started it? I'll give you a hint, starts with Modest, ends with Man. Such pathetic scum. Lotus was there for hours. MM ran in, trained him while he was on Efreeti, KSed Efreeti, and then claimed the camp theirs with a nice winky emote to the zone. Now they're dispelling his charmed pets to try and kill him. And that's not the only incident, they're doing it at other camps too.

They can't compete for real targets, so they have to grief FI members at group camps.
  13. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

Literally 4 hours after someone calls Lotus on his Efreeti BS, he comes in and tries to steal a camp? Sorry, I dont buy it. That dude has a bad reputation when it comes to training and stealing Efreeti.
  14. Fiyero Augur

Eh, whatever. There are now 60 people at Efreeti. You might be a Modest Man when you put more effort into mobilizing for group content than you do a raid target.
  15. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

Sounds like someone's a little pissy that Faceless couldn't just bully and muscle someone out of a camp that didn't belong to FI. Weird when Lotusfly's Efreeti training doesn't actually work.
  16. aiedz New Member

10/10 very successful
  17. Imdead Augur

Wait, there's 60 Modest Men in Solb. Doesn't this mean they're poop-socking and violating the rotation!
  18. Imdead Augur

OP, I'm guessing you have to be from one of two places..... Detroit or Greece?
  19. Amor Augur

And you I'm guessing you're from neither so that makes you ignorant and uneducated.
  20. Simone Augur

I'm not even sure it's worth replying to this thread since there is so much trolling going on here but I want to point out something.

You, CasualStrength, might not want to raid at 4am but other guilds do. Also not everyone that plays EverQuest lives in North America. The guild I'm an officer in, Peace of Formosa Ex, is primarily Taiwanese guild that actually starts setting up for it's raids around 4:30AM PST and starts those raids around 5AM PST. One guild's prime time is another guild's bed time.

You might not like having mobs being FFA but some people do. I see having no FFAs as being just as extreme a position as having all FFA. All FFA leads to a toxic environment which really crippled the population on the Vulak'Aerr server and lead to it's current sad state that exists today. No FFA means there is no purpose for many players to log on except at the times when there is a mob in window for them to kill. I am of the opinion, at least for classic mobs, a rotation of 3:1 or 4:1 is probably a nice balance to allow all guilds a shot at the rotation but also allow the guilds that wish to compete for FFA content to have a chance to do so. Peace of Formasa Ex is not going to be interested in voting for a rotation that has no FFAs and will always support their inclusion at at ratio that makes sense for the content being rotated and length of time it takes to complete a single rotation cycle.

Our whole guild just moved over from Ragefire earlier this month and have been successful at joining the rotation for both the dragons and Plane of Sky after just 2 weeks of being here. Our raid force is currently a bit smaller than we would like at 45-50ish but it's getting a bit bigger everyday and should be at 60+ in a few weeks or so. Most of our core raiders also played on the Vulak'Aerr progression server as the guild Reload Ing Pleasewait; which was a fairly successful raiding guild on that server during Velious, Luclin and Planes of Power eras.

As our guild gets to where we are raiding with 60-70 characters consistently and are comfortable and familiar with the encounters we will likely also be interested in competing for and attempting FFA mobs that spawn during the hours in which we can mobilize a raid force to kill them.