Daybreak Remove FFA on Both Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CasualStrength, Aug 17, 2015.

1. CasualStrength New Member

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. The guilds on Lockjaw have had discussion after discussion on rotations and they've changed the rotations who knows how many times but we still have "FFA" encounters. This is horrible for the server. FFA is killing my guild, everyone knows that FFA on both servers just means TL and Faceless get free mobs. How are we expected to be satisfied with our one dragon or raid mob when we sit back and know that they are getting more than us for no reason?

No one here wants to wake up at 4am. No one here is willing to abandon their wives/children/families to kill dragons. Get rid of FFA completely, these guys don't deserve "more" gameplay than us just because they're no lifing it and playing more.

Lockjaw leaders, step up an eliminate all FFA. No one should get more raids than anyone else, no one should be getting more loot than anyone else. We're all equal here. We're all adults. Just because you play more should not mean you experience more content.People act like we should be happy to have a rotation. How are we supposed to feel when we kill a raid mob one day and the next day see one guild get twice as many raid mobs? Why do they deserve this but we don't?

A small group of "hardcore" players should have NO say in these rules that decide how others play the game. They shouldn't even have a seat at these rotation meetings as they're just self serving and hope to lock down any content any way that they can.

And before anyone here comes out and calls me "casual" to dismiss my arguments. I'm in a top guild on live and my guild has "competed" on this server too. But it's not competition when you're dealing with 20+ mage boxes that another guild can bring 24/7.
  2. Yara_AB Augur

For no reason? Don't you give the reason for them "getting more" just a sentence later?

So what should happen to the dragon(s) that are up within those timeframes then? Do you want that timeslot despite it being (to stick with the example) 4am?
    If they are up at those times your guild doesn't want to engage them - why is it unfair that other guilds can do so? Maybe they are simply in different timezones or have enough members from all over this planet that they don't even have to wake up at 4am?

Wasn't part of the original game that you had contested mobs? Now there are rotations so that everybody who might be able to beat those mobs gets a fair chance to fight them at least - but apparently guilds wish to keep some kind of competition up still. Bad thing? Maybe yes, maybe not.
  3. Hendar2 Augur

If your guild has competed on the server, then I'm sure you were represented at the rotation meeting and had a vote on the FFA slots. I have a hard time taking this seriously.

Some FFA is good. Why should your dislike of FFA prevent others from enjoying it? The key to a good rotation, and a happy server, is to acknowledge everyone's play styles and try to work with them. Making the server exclusively FFA, or never FFA are both equally asinine.

The 4am comment just shows how out-of-the-loop you are.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Simone like this.
  4. Donutsz12 Elder

WOW....just WOW...

i'm sorry I have no sympathy for you at all. I'm not in either guild but just roam around killing stuff but wanted the old style feel of what it was like playing back then and this is what it was like.... People always up, playing this game even at 4am. The time sink leveling, quest, racing to mobs to kill it.

Just because YOU cant do it, does not mean the entire game has to change because you can't login keep watch on a mob spawn, or sit endless hours.. That is what people used to do back then.
    Alpha_Ragefire likes this.
  5. Starfix New Member

Guys
    When any of you will understand that a good working rotation system in IMPOSSIBLE nowadays...
    People changed, players changed, and the community is far from being mature.
    We just need instances.
  6. Korillo Augur

Equal in terms of EQ should mean equal opportunity not equal amount of loot/kills/attempts etc. And right now we have equal opportunity.

Worth noting as well that both servers created the rotations themselves and have agreed to them. Daybreak shouldn't have to do anything at this point. If you want change, plead your case to the server.
  7. CasualStrength New Member

Holly and Daybreak have said we have to rotate. FFA is specifically not rotation. This is not the original game, and there are no contested mobs. When has a guild gotten a so-called contested mob on Lockjaw or Ragefire that wasn't one of the same two guilds?

If you don't see the issue with two guilds having free reign to get extra raid mobs for no reason then I don't know what I can do for you.
  8. CasualStrength New Member

My guild leaders voted but it doesn't matter because the other guilds (faceless) can just vote against them and that's it. Some guilds will always be corrupt and always do this. That's why we need to remove FFA entirely so we can stop guilds from locking us into "rotations" that have non rotation mobs.
  9. Donutsz12 Elder

You left out the part they are trying to play middle man, and please some of the other guilds who login once a week. If this was true everquest which was the point of the time lock then this rotation crap would have never existed.
  10. Ducreux Augur

I have an idea, every guild besides TL reforms into 1 super guild to show up to all the 1am-12pm kills.

Naggy sat up for an hour this morning because we couldn't even engage him and nobody showed up to try. Cazic Thule went through a full 12 hours of sitting there yesterday because the guilds currently "up" on the rotation couldn't even kill it, when it finally went FFA at like 2am TL cleaned it up.
  11. CasualStrength New Member

Guilds like yours have already killed off so much of the population and motivation on these servers that no one can do this content. If daybreak had stepped in earlier and taken a hard stance to remove all FFA encounters that would not have happened. Why should every other guild accommodate one or two "super" guilds. Why don't TL and FI just give up FFA encounters for the betterment of everyone? Why are you all so selfish?
  12. Nymm Journeyman

These TLPs are sinking ships, cash cows ruined by a handful of players. Maybe it's time to call it quits. Let the few remaining box guilds compete with each other, with no one to sell to.
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Phati Elder

CT was up for over 15 hours between yesterday afternoon and this morning on Ragefire. He spawned in scheduled primetime timeframe. How does this help any guild? Without FFA, raid targets will have this happen more often.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Korillo Augur

You got out voted, sorry to hear that. I guess more people want FFA then don't want FFA, shocking.
  15. squidgod Augur

They had their chance, and they traded it away for 24-hour kill windows.
  16. squidgod Augur

/faceplam
    Since when has anyone ever played an MMO for "the betterment of everyone?"
    I can't think of a worse argument for you to make.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

What if you're in EU, does that make you a no lifer cause you live in a different timezone that happens to let you be up at 4 am est?!?!

damn no lifers.

the betterment of everyone? we jsut watched ct+draco stay up 7 hours cause 4 guilds couldnt kill them. its not all about when the raid bosses spawn, its about these guilds cant even kill content and are being spoonfed things they cant kill
  18. Lifetap Augur

If a raid mob stays up because a rotation mob cannot be killed by guilds on the rotation then it seems reasonable that that is an extreme case in need of GM intervention. People who cannot organize a successful raid within a reasonable timeframe should not be able to hold raid bosses hostage and deny players the opportunity to experience the content.
    Vaclav likes this.
  19. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

We watched one guild spend 4 hours, which was 1 hour into another guild's window. That guild didnt even show up. Then the next guild tried, had to give it up after 3 hours to the next guild, which happened to be the guild that didnt show up (hey they got two shots) then they failed to do it for the next 3 hours. TL even had a 1 hour lockout in FFA and we ended up getting CT. It is amazing, I know Ct + draco is an extreme case but yeah should be some rule to avoid people waiting 12 hours to kill a boss when they see others cant.
  20. CasualStrength New Member

I guess now we have to wait for another meeting? We've got time to have the server see the truth and next time leaders will push twice as hard. FFA has to be eliminated, there CANNOT be FFA mobs.