Wow, just instance the planes already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drexll, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethyre Augur

You misunderstood.

Sorry for the confusion - I went back and edited the photos to remove any names - I was not calling anyone out, especially not by name.

In fact, if you go back and look up my posts (look for forum account realfazool) you will see I posted a long post about very positive mage-boxer players.

My in-game player name is Hexen - I am not calling anyone out or hiding behind anonymity.

My point was a reply to this thread "instance planes already" - there is no content. There is nothing to kill. Everything there is getting mowed down and there isn't a mob alive.

I don't care who kills it but when you have killing machines, they can mow down an entire zone.

DBG shoudl instance PoH and PoF (not raid bosses).
  2. Nymm Journeyman

I appreciate your desire to help. Nevertheless, boxing down a non-instanced slow-respawn zone is not actually helping, even if you give items away. In a sense, it is taking away the experience from people who are trying to play this game for fun. Sadly it is not all that fun having handout gear, especially if the zones you'd prefer to play in are empty.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Nymm Journeyman

Love this idea.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Warlored New Member

I pay for my accounts to play where I choose, no mater how many accounts I pay for. That's my money I spend which I get to dictate how I use it. I don't understand how hard a concept this is for people. Whether it's 18 solo player accounts or 18 accounts for one person, it's the same thing. I'm taking nothing away from anyone.

I'm not justifying it by giving loot away, there isn't anything for me to justify. I'm simply saying I don't sell or hoard or destroy but I do have the right to do any of that. You're also implying that I am not playing for fun, which is exactly what I do. I play for fun!
  5. ethyre Augur

I may have confused the issue by appearing to be "calling mage-armies out" I'm not.

BTW, on live servers, I have four accounts (two of mine, two of my son's) and my main is a Mage and I always 2/3/4 box so there is no Mage hate here.

My post is about how there isn't content. The way the game (d)evolved and attempting to use a classic-style gameplay has created a situation where content is mowed down.
  6. Nymm Journeyman

Whoa, slow down there. I don't think anyone would argue your right to spend your money as you please, or have trouble understanding it. The concept in question is why you would want to monopolize whole zones and degrade the experience for multiple others (not just multiple accounts, but multiple real people). I am glad you are enjoying yourself, it's just harder to process that your version of fun guarantees that many others will not.
  7. ethyre Augur

The OP abilities of some classes, and the ability to mow down the entire zone with a group is also a perversion of what classic EQ was.

Back, before they had this "problem" they realized PoH was a desirable zone, so they revamped it into PoH2. The boss mobs were still on long(er) respawns but the T1-T4 mobs had normal respawns times.

They made PoH2 into an XP zone but kept the raid availability about the same.

The problem we all have is the incompatibility of some old and some new. You can't mix old spawn times, old content and old rules with new OP classes and such.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------------
    OP - What many of us see/experience, what you've shown in your screen shots -- Its sickening. Pay for not getting to play, heh. No, nothing like this back in the day because there was NO POPULATION CRAZE back then; it cannot be compared, period.
  9. Fallfyres Augur

10. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

I do think they need to instance planes. It's a nightmare up there, forces people to show their bad sides to avoid losing a 4 hour repop.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  11. Saladus Journeyman

Yesterday's Plane of Sky debacle is why many are in favor of instancing. There are going to be a countless number of times where there are going to be discrepancies over details of the rotation all the way up through PoP. This situation will get even worse once the number of guilds on the rotation grows. If raids were instanced, and loot was made no drop, we can avoid having more 20+ pages of players arguing. Technology is already in place to create multiple instances of zones, and yet we can't instance the raids?
    snubs and Jaxarale01 like this.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Exactly. All this Daybreak-Approved Content Insufficiency is so bad that people need to call in suspensions for killing some minor trash.

Load balance the planes and be done with it.
  13. ethyre Augur

I deleted my photos because it was not my intent to "call anyone out" by name and I wasn't going to try photoshopping their names out.

Just FYI what my screenshots showed were in a 90 second run in Hate, I ran into on army of 6 mage bots, another army of 6 mage bots and an army of 12 mage bots.

And there wasn't a single mob alive in the zone. Three players got to enjoy content and 89 players stood around.
    Jaxarale01 and Hateseeker like this.
  14. Kegwell Lurker since '99

Instancing solves all the problems, what are you waiting for ?
    IF FACELESS CARED, they would be lobbying for instancing!!
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

Its just another reason to add to the pile of reasons for instancing...
    snubs likes this.
  16. snubs Elder

Unless you wanna go to Plane of Sky!! you will get suspended/banned for killing there unless you are in one of the major guilds and it happens to be your guilds "day" ....unguilded players and guilds not in the rotation are straight up . pretty awesome!
  17. ethyre Augur

I do not believe that is accurate. Guilds need to agree on guild activity such as raid mobs. Unguilded players can do whatever they want in raid zones, including hunting in planes. That's because they aren't able to kill anything meaningful and won't get in anyone's way.

Its false to claim that he rotation excludes player from playing in zones.

And if you are a solo, unguilded player, you can absolutely attempt to kill Inny. Go ahead. Have at it.

It's not about interfering with solo play - the rotation is (supposed to be) about guilds not steamrolling each other.
  18. Anarth Lorekeeper

Its a raid rotation, not a group rotation. If my 6 box goes anywhere and tries to kill anything, I'm not going to get banned, or warned.
  19. snubs Elder

according to these top guilds..and apparently roshen as well...You absolutely can not do any of these things. small guild/unguilded, doesnt matter. If you kill mobs in sky, or attempt inny/vox/ct/naggy whatever you will get suspended. These are specially reservered for our l33t playerbase.
  20. snubs Elder

I wish that was the case..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.