Naggy kill 13/08/2015

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Scrubble, Aug 13, 2015.

1. crazyman New Member

What?? Ok let me run this logic down with you. Pick a number BETWEEN 1 and 10. Would you assume that you can't pick 1 or 10? No. Take another example the system in everquest we use to roll on things. We type /random 1 1000 its using the numbers between 1 and 1000 which also includes 1 and 1000. People other then you apparently interpret between to also include all the numbers in the range.
  2. Aereus New Member

It's clearly a loophole. FFA should always defer to a dedicated window. Had you been able to engage before Noon there would be no issue, but with the lockout pushing you past Noon, that should be a situation where the dedicated window begins immediately until 3pm.

That would be a sane and logical interpretation, rather than the idea of FFA extending to infinity. FFA is the "after hours" time.

Hopefully this gets addressed at their next council meeting one way or the other.
  3. Korillo Augur

I think it's important to point out that if Apok had killed Naggy, they would have claimed it was in the FFA window and therefore should still be on top of the Euro Primetime rotation.
  4. Vlerg Augur

the big idea with FFA is to exactly not do that.
  5. crazyman New Member

It's important to point out you have no idea what you're talking about and Apok rightfully IMO believed it was inside their window and not an FFA window and would be reported accurately as such.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Seems to me the easiest solution would have the rule be "spawned and engaged within the FFA window", otherwise it becomes part of the dedicated block window.
  7. Freki Augur

so if I told a friend that tells you that there is swamp land for sale in LA would you accept that it was louisiana instead of L.A. Calif?

let the gm's call it. since they can see spawn times. if that holds up then grats on the kill. but someone telling dojii who then tells you means nothing.
  8. Freki Augur

my choice is SPOCK!
  9. Gadgetp New Member

I don't understand all the drama here. No rule was broken because there was no rule governing this specific scenario. TL respected the rules that are defined and interpreted the other rules in a very specific manner. Rule 2.4 specifically states that a mob has to SPAWN in the rotation window for it to belong to the specific rotation guild. This was not the case here.

There were bound to be issues with the rules and things that needed fine tuning. That is why another meeting was scheduled the same day that the first one was held. If you don't like the wording on a rule or want to impose a new one, then make a suggestion at the next meeting and hold a vote. 2/3 majority is all that is required to amend rules.

Additionally, food for thought, has anyone thought about what happens when TL is slotted for both Window A and B? It's easy to tell they are in control of FFA (even though I think a few guilds could contest if they weren't scared). But it's been 2?3? Days now on the new rotation and 75% of the slots have remained the same. How long will it be before TL (assuming they stay in control of FFA) has a guaranteed 24 hour window? And how long will they keep that guaranteed 24 hour window? Again food for thought :)
  10. Tubben Elder

not mixxed up dates.. We just use logic.

day -> month > year. Time increase every step.
  11. Elovera Journeyman

tldr; Drama queens stirring up drama. Grats TL on a legit kill, we can all move along now.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  13. Steampunk Augur

So, in your next meeting, clarify the rules so this misunderstanding does not happen again. Please note that I am not saying who is misunderstanding, but since there is one, the rules should be clarified. Of course, as the voice of reason, this will be totally ignored if not thoroughly ridiculed.
  14. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

Just in case no one clicks the link, this is Apok.
  15. Nymm Journeyman

So glad I left this server...
  16. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

You guys figured it all out, TL is making a 24 hour window.

GG Apok post #19864554 today with random nonsense
  17. Bufonidae Elder

TL got one here, they did a better job reading the rules than the commission did writing them. Fix the rule this sunday, make the wording obvious. Then offer an additional rule to be voted on...

"If any guilds are found to be violating the spirit of the rotation (a 2/3 majority agreeing that the offending guild is guilty), they are suspended from the rotation and all FFA attempts for a week."
  18. Porygon Augur

WHOA WHOA WHOA.

JAIN IS A WOMAN!?!?!?
  19. Vaclav Augur

Weee.... PaperworkQuest....
    Silv and Antonico like this.
  20. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

In threads coming soon to a board near you. TL accused of using deflated Mage pets for unfair advantage. Breaking news TL rigged rotation vote by creating hanging chads. Oh and they also killed Elvis.

Get a grip people they are not the root of all evil.