Test Update 08/12/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Hludwolf Developer

August 12, 2015

*** Highlights ***

- Fixed an issue with turbo processors causing players to run very fast/very slow.

*** Items ***

- Added augmentation slots to a handful of miscellaneous armor and weapons that did not previously have them.
    - Magician - Corrected the following issues with the "Obedient Companion" line of spells cast by magician robes:
    - - Renamed these spells to follow a simpler standardization.
    - - Robes obtained in The Darkened Sea (excluding Castaway Robe of the Conjuror) will now focus "Bolt of Molten Shieldstone" rather than "Bolt of Molten Magma".
    - - Increased the amount of damage that TDS robes will focus "Bolt of Molten Shieldstone".
    - - The Companion's Strikes triggered by the TDS robes can now be cast when your pet backstabs in addition to when it bashes. This gives the water pet the ability to utilize this buff.
    - - Corrected several inconsistencies where some robes in the series were casting a lower level version of the bolt focus spell than they should have been.
    - The Doljonijiarnimorinar axe now has a positive weight instead of a negative weight.

*** Quests & Events ***

- A cold wind blows through the caverns below the spires that sit at the center of Luclin's deadliest mountains. Practitioners of the dark arts may be interested in seeking this out.
    - Plane of Sky - The genie quest givers have had their respawn time reduced from 2.4 hours to 20 minutes.

*** Spells ***

- Damage dealt by a defender to their attacker as a result of a damage shield will no longer display two lines of text when this damage is dealt.
    - Implemented a new timer ID (-1) for melee abilities that allows them to be used independently.
    - Beastlord - Reduced by 50 the skill damage modifier on the caster's portion of Bestial Fury Discipline and Empathic Fury, Savage Fury by 13-16, and Savage Rage by 10-16 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
    - Berserker - Moved all axe summoning abilities from timer 7 to timer -1.
    - Berserker - All abilities that summon multiple axes now have a 4 second cast time and 12 second recast time.
    - Berserker - Reduced by 50 the skill damage modifier on Blind Rage Discipline and Berserking Discipline, Sundering Discipline by 33, and Brutal Discipline by 30 due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
    - Monk - Moved the Echo of Misdirection line from timer 6 to timer -1.
    - Monk - Moved the Phantom/Apparition line from timer 9 to timer -1.
    - Monk - Moved Vigorous Shuriken from timer 14 to timer -1.
    - Monk - Moved Drunken Monkey Style from timer 14 to timer -1.
    - Monk - Reduced by 50 the skill damage modifier on Innerflame Discipline and its upgrades (Crystalpalm, Diamondpalm, Terrorpalm) due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
    - Rogue - Moved the Blinding Flash line from timer 8 to timer -1.
    - Rogue - Reduced by 50 the skill damage modifier on Duelist Discipline and its upgrades (Assassin, Eradicator, Executioner) due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.
    - Warrior - Moved the Bracing Defense line from timer 6 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Moved Throat Jab from timer 9 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Moved Commanding Voice from timer 9 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Moved Champion's Aura and Myrmidon's Aura from timer 10 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Moved the Field Armorer line from timer 10 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Moved Lionhearted Rally-Cry from timer 12 to timer -1.
    - Warrior - Reduced by 50 the skill damage modifier on Fellstrike Discipline due to innate AA increases. This is designed to keep melee burns the same (or higher) while increasing damage at all other times.

*** NPC ***

-

*** AA ***

- In an effort to reduce the disparity between melee damage being dealt while under the effects of short duration disciplines, the following changes have been implemented. The net result of these changes should result in an overall increase in damage over time while leaving the damage being dealt while under the effects of short duration disciplines equal to or greater than what they were previously.
    - - Starting at level 40 and extending to level 105, all non-caster classes will be granted ranks in a passive AA ability line that increases overall melee damage dealt with all skill types. The percentage increase starts at 10% and increases to 50% by level 65 for all classes. For levels 70 through 105 the percentage increase scales differently per class.
    - - Reduced the precentage increase by at most 50% for short duration (30 second base) disciplines that made use of the spell effect that increases total melee damage. This impacts the following discipline lines: Warrior's Fellstrike, Monk's Innerflame, Rogue's Duelist, Berserker's Blind Rage, and Beastlord's Bestial Fury.
    - Ranger - Created a new AA ability called "Gladestrider's Leap". It is available starting at level 85 from the Underfoot expansion.
    - Ranger - All ranks of the Journeyman's Speed ability now reduce the re-use time for Gladestrider's Leap.
    - All pet classes now have an activated AA ability called "Companion's Calm Demeanor". This ability, when activated, will reduce the hatred generated by your summoned pets by 40%.
    - Enchanter - Renamed the ability "Deep Sleep" to "Projected Somnolence".
    - Enchanter - "Projected Somnolence" retains the chance to trigger "Deep Sleep" on a mesmerized target but now also has a 100% chance to trigger "Somnolence" when the enchanter casts a level 65 or higher cripple spell.
    - - Each rank of Somnolence is an equivalent accuracy debuff to each rank of "Deep Sleep" but does not offer the attack speed debuff (Deep Sleep's Malaise) imparted by rank 6 and higher of Deep Sleep.
    - Magician - Fixed the following issues with the line "Frenzied Burnout":
    - - Ranks 1-9 now have a functioning flurry chance. This chance is additive with the owner's passive pet flurry chance AA abilities. (The flurry chance on Ranks 7-9 previously did not function for pets.)
    - - Ranks 1-9 now have a defined rampage chance. Note: a pet's rampage attacks will not break mesmerization. (Previously, only rank 1 of this AA line and no other had a special case that caused the magician's pet alternate flurry chance and rampage chance. This special case for rank 1 has been removed and now ranks 1-9 have a defined rampage chance.)
    - Warrior - Corrected a bug that prevented the ability Dual-Wielding Proficiency from being activated if the warrior had a piercing weapon in their primary hand and a one-handed blunt weapon in their secondary hand.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Increased the maximum number of adventurers that can be in any load balanced version of the Commonlands.
    - Many of the bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will provide more of a challenge on the progression servers. Bosses in the Ruins of Kunark will only spawn in the base version of their zone.
    - Returned the defensive skill values of level 1-65 magician and necromancer pets to the values they had prior to the May 2015 patch, putting them more in line with the power curve of the era.
    The skill values will return to the modern curve when LDoN unlocks on the server. These changes have no impact on other live servers.
    - Raid targets on progression servers now have the ability "Mark of the Old Ways". This will reduce the resistances and melee damage output and increase incoming melee damage of summoned companions with increasing severity based on the total number of summoned companions that are attacking the raid target.
    This ability only applies to targets that are adjusted for the pre-LDoN skill curve.
    - Raid targets on progression servers have had their improved melee damage lowered.
    - Plane of Sky - Bosses have had their difficulty reduced.

*** Mercenaries ***

-

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Link-dead (LD) players will no longer be immediately removed from the world
    - /quit now works like /exit.
    - Fixed a bug that caused certain raid bosses to stop appearing in instances on live servers. This primarily impacted Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen in Old Man McKenzie's Ancient Heroes missions.

*** UI ***

- Extended target slots set to display targets that don't exist will now not render a lifebar rather than displaying an empty lifebar with the name "------".

- Changed -

*** Previously Updated ***

- Addressed some world stability issues related to SPAM.
    - You will no longer crash when trying to "View Mine" for an achievement that you cannot view.
    - Lowered the AC values of many NPCs in the Arx Mentis raids by up to 45 percent. This should allow melee hits to land for higher damage against these targets.

- The EverQuest Team
    Eluwenie, Songsa, Brogett and 10 others like this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Now that's a patch! <3
    Mayfaire and PrathunEQ like this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Hmm, now who wants to help me figure out what changes need to be made to www.eqaasearch.org based on last month and this month's patches? (Yes, believe it or not, while the site is not current, I do still plug away at the missing AA's as I can -

monks/necros/rangers/rogues/shadowknights/paladin/shaman/warrior and wizards, feel free to volunteer to get your class AA's up to date; PM me for details :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

These AA don't seem to exist (as a Monk I don't see them in the AA window)
    Dzarn likes this.
  5. menown Augur

Magician - Fixed the following issues with the line "Frenzied Burnout":
    - - Ranks 1-9 now have a functioning flurry chance. This chance is additive with the owner's passive pet flurry chance AA abilities. (The flurry chance on Ranks 7-9 previously did not function for pets.)

Could you do the same for the Necro's version of this AA line called "Frenzy of the Dead"?
  6. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

- - Starting at level 40 and extending to level 105, all non-caster classes will be granted ranks in a passive AA ability line that increases overall melee damage dealt with all skill types. The percentage increase starts at 10% and increases to 50% by level 65 for all classes. For levels 70 through 105 the percentage increase scales differently per class.

Will the TLP servers get this?
  7. Weebaaa Augur

A cold wind blows through the caverns below the spires that sit at the center of Luclin's deadliest mountains. Practitioners of the dark arts may be interested in seeking this out

Anyone have a guess to this? I poked around Acrylia caverns a bit. I don't know where there are spires in Luclin, Poked around Acrylia caverns a bit.
    I'm heading to Scarlet Desert next
  8. Croak Augur

Ack no fix for the disappearing gear when you make a typo in a parcel destination?

Will this be live on progression immediately?
  9. Versifier Elder

Would it be possible to have the Rogue Disciplines from the lines Exuberant Dagger-Throw (Spell ID 44148 / Timer 8) and Audacious Escape (Spell ID 44181 / Timer 0) moved to timer -1 ? Both are used for pulling and both currently share timers with several DPS abilities.
    Great changes btw!
    Thanks!!
  10. chris_the_mage Augur

please remove binding from solb, perma and pofear

most guilds only able to take mobs by a mix of pet walls, massive #s of warm bodies, and bind rushing.

love the changes so far, but bind rushing is the most embarrassing of the 3
  11. Dzarn Developer

Looking into this now, thank you for the report.

These changes will be on all servers, yes.
  12. Slasher Augur

I dont see them in the aa window on any class :)
    Dzarn likes this.
  13. Versifier Elder

For Rogues the AA is visible and functional. Under the class tab "Innate Duelist" - Increases all melee damage by 74% @ 105
    Dzarn likes this.
  14. Raynard Augur

I can confirm that rogue, warrior, and ranger are shown. Names are innate <name> under class tab. <name> is duelist for rogue for example, and shows 74% at level 100.
    Dzarn likes this.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah i absolutely agree - this was needed and i am glad it's being worked. Of course one person makes a comment on this thread so far, and it's "casters" crying..................
    Elricvonclief and Sancus like this.
  16. Versifier Elder

Interesting that the percentage is the same at 100 and 105, I wonder if it just stops scaling at 100 for rogues.
  17. Dzarn Developer

We've identified the reason that some class AA lines are not being displayed and are working on a solution now.
    Thank you for the reports.
  18. Slasher Augur

Ya i found it on rogues and warriors after my reply. I cant find it on monks or berserkers.
  19. Silv Augur

Except they did nerf casters the last patch... sooooooooooo...yeah. If people want to act like the stacking changes balanced this out then they're delusional. The only happy casters at the moment are Wizards (who are downplaying their victory) because they came out ahead with the changes and because of the nerfs to the other casters. Necros are silent as usual because they have an ounce of sense so who knows how they feel.

I'm glad melee are getting the attention they deserve but don't act like casters didn't get zinged in the process because that's the only way they know how to balance.
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

Actually i am happy because the changes have historically hurt us when melee get boosted didn't. No, i am happy not because i am downplaying any victory but because they are making changes and not using the same paradigm that has failed over the last 15 years. With all the changes thus far you can clearly see they are taking a new approach to balancing classes.
    Potawatomi, Sheex and Elricvonclief like this.