Ragefire CL is not what it used to be

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dangerflirt, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Dangerflirt New Member

I'm just wondering what its like on LJ at the moment (assuming LJ is up), but it's almost 9pm EST and we're sitting at roughly 175 players in CL on the RF server... its certainly not the CL Marketplace of weeks past.

How's LJ doing right now? Are you guys breaking a 2nd instance?

-Azerin
  2. Recnarp Augur

Yeah, I've noticed the decline since last week. There seems to be more people looking to buy stuff than there are sellers. So I'm guessing either it's a combination of people being AFK till Kunark and/or more people went over to Lockjaw than originally anticipated. However, I feel it'll get really active again once Kunark launches. I'd even be willing to wager that the ones who transferred to LJ will either comeback to Ragefire when they release server transfer tokens, or will create alts just to experience the fresh content.
  3. Liquid Augur

The monkey wins the internet. I glossed your post over due to the distracting monkey.
    Drexll, Nolrog and Frenzic like this.
  4. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

There's been a decline I've noticed due to the lack of speedy enforcement of rotation or fixing the dupe when people were yelling for a week that there was one. Maybe now with a new rotation people will venture online again that had given up, but as for the dupe ha.
  5. Weverley Augur

CL in lockjaw seems to have go down too with the transfers.I saw lots of ppl buying krono but havent seen a seller yet today.Maybe i was on at the wrong time.All the sellers selling items only with krono seems to have disappeared.Looks like traders need to farm new merchandises.
  6. Matthias The Man Journeyman

I do a fair bit of business in Commonlands - And i will say i have noticed a slight drop -- but its nowhere near "Dead"

I feel its moreso due to most of the market being saturated with a limited amount of gear for sale.
    Alot of folks have taken breaks till Kunark.
  7. Zhama Elder

For the most part there is nothing to buy anymore, as well as there will be noticeable decrease in the number of toons(not the player population) as people will run out of kronos to keep their mage armies active. The rate at which kronos were being consumed basically gaurantees they are going to be burned much quicker then they are coming into the market, as well as you have some of the bigger boxers who realize this and keeps hundreds of kronos stockpiled for their own toons just to not pay. Theres no where near the same ammount of afk mages just sitting around, and people are coming to understand how much krono should be worth for the ammount of effort it takes to get them in comparison to how easy it is to obtain the gear which has become incredibly over saturated from mass instancing.
    Liquid likes this.
  8. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

Yeah the last week or so Ragefire has seemed pretty "dead", not just Commonlands. But yes, Commonlands is quieter than I've ever seen it. As someone else said, it seems more people are there wanting to buy stuff than actually sell stuff. Most of the stuff I do see for sale are the "common" drops from the rares in LGuk with the occasional Efreeti perma-farmer selling Eboots or Djarn's ring.

I've been curious too if it was primarily the transfers to LJ that caused this noticeable drop in population/activity or if it's moreso the fact people are "taking a break" before Kunark.

And again it's not just Commonlands, but the server in general. I have had a very hard time finding a group on my mage the last week or so, even after offering to bring level 50's on other accounts for added assistance/dps out of group. Like I've almost come to the point of spamming the chat channels and practically begging just to get a group and that is pretty crazy considering mages are by far the best sustainable DPS class currently in the game.

So yeah it's really been a night/day difference in the last week or two. I was convinced I was going to move to Lockjaw, but ended staying on Ragefire for whatever reason. I don't have any characters on Lockjaw, but would like to know for comparison's sake how LJ stacks up to RF in this regard now.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is anybody surprised that ragefire had folks move away? :D

First day of the transfer I was gone, a much better experience already on LJ
    Smallpox likes this.
  10. Bufonidae Elder

I hope Kunark helps, because RF is a ghost town compared to just a few weeks ago. I guess lack of foresight when they decided the rules, combined with being to slow to make changes when problems showed up, have driven a ton of players away. The no bot server sounds like their aiming at the wrong target too... I hope they get it right eventually. TLP is the best idea in this game in a decade, but replacing PnP with DPS races, little or no GM presence, and letting the rotation circus get so toxic appear to have already killed the potential this round of servers had.
    Smallpox and Fallfyres like this.
  11. iMugatu Elder

Funny, the server was thriving until they mandated rotations. Then they opened a can of worms with transfers, which introduced a plat dupe that will permanently affect the markets on both servers just like Fippy but most likely worse. Couple that with the fact that Roshen was very combative for weeks in defense of his sticky post "that he didn't want to change weekly" and you just lost a bunch of the high end raiders. There is no reason to stick around if this is how Roshen and company plan to support this round of TLP. I honestly hope Kunark saves these servers, but we will see.
  12. Urshulgi Augur

People can't trade SMRs or Golden Efreeti boots for Kronos anymore, because the Kronos are going for 6k+. They're having to farm 2-3 times as much to get one krono. That might have put a damper on the box armies.
  13. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Please someone, say straight out: What would EQ be WITHOUT K-R-O-N-O-S.... KRONOS. Economy chaos spreading, Norrath annihilating virtual plague.
    Raelsmar likes this.
  14. Tomtee Lorekeeper

What Urshulgi said -

The platinum dupe injected massive amounts of platinum into the server that they can't erase (they can get rid of the exploiters, but it was the non-exploiting krono-sellers that got that tainted money through no fault of their own) and it subsequently upped the price of krono on a 2X fashion (3k to 6k or so).

Most items were not pegged to Krono (obvious exception being BAM off the top of my head - but that's largely due to the same person farming them for the past month with only 1 instance - you know who you are). Because of this, most items saw a devaluation of 'true worth' to the RMT'ers/6boxers looking to use Krono to fund their habit.

So, what has happened is that these boxxers and what not have stopped farming items with such ferocity and have concentrated on other things they can peg to the krono - PMM, rotting hate/fear drops, RotLC . With the absence of the common 'twink' items on the market growing, we will see their price slowly begin to rise - it has already done so on many of them. Once these start to catch up with the price of Krono, if they do at all, you will see a return to a more thriving marketplace. As it is now, yeah.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what killed the server during Fippy - massive platinum dupes causing inflation, devaluation of assets and a general malaise because there's absolutely nothing to do for another month+.
    Raelsmar and Fallfyres like this.
  15. Banuvan Augur

Funny you try to associate the mandatory rotation to everybody bailing from RF. People bailed because they were tired of dealing with TL and Apok's crap. The decision to transfer was likely made as soon as the announcements were made that free transfers were going to happen or shortly thereafter.

If anything the rotations should have been more incentive to keep people on ragefire rather than them leaving. Funny how that worked out.

The problem was ( past tense...i transferred to LJ ) TL and Apok and nothing more when you look at the raiding scene. There is nothing else to be said. You're guild was the sole cause of the majority of raiders to leave the server. Good Job sir. You should pat yourself on the back.

You can try to blame it on everything but yourselves but when you boil it all down people left because they didn't want to deal with the crap that TL and Apok caused in the raiding scene.
    skattabrainz, Smallpox and Jaxarale01 like this.
  16. Hendar2 Augur

Funny, but Lockjaw has a rotation too. So if the rotation is your #1 issue, it won't be any better on LJ.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  17. Skipper Augur

Guys, this isn't brain surgery. Same thing happened on Fippy a few weeks before each expac release. People get bored, and quit playing until the next expac opens. People on RF are doing the same. Wait until Kunark opens and you shall see.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  18. kythik Lorekeeper

Roshen lost a lot of credibility with his "There is no plat dupe/exploit move along" line he kept repeating.
  19. lalaloup Augur

There's also some stockpiling of tradeskill items and gear, as well as a steady flow still-leveling characters.

It's become much more relaxed as the rush has died down.
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

Lol you know as well as I do the forced rotation has nothing to do with it in the context the talking head used.

It should read " the server was thriving until DB took too long to institute a forced raid rotation.

You have to remember that using facts like LJ had a rotation almost from the beginning negates the spin... as most facts tend to when a talking head posts.