Boot AFK campers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fizzer, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fizzer Journeyman

In the Progression server it is impossible to find open camps where named NPC's drop High demand trade-able items. These camps are being farmed by AFK toons.
    For example Clan Runnyeyes, no instances, every camp is always taken, and the place feels like a graveyard. Toons do not move, the same people day in and day out in same spots.

Some show AFK, some do, but they are. Most have pets. Mage Galore

I would not mind seeing people timeout in AFK, or timeout because of inaction on toon after hmmmm, 5 minutes. 5 minutes is long enough for most people to take a dump and return. lol

Another solution would be to make more items LORE or NO_TRADE

Not something hard for DEV programmers to figure out.
  2. Gregolo Augur

It's complicated due to some respects. If the AFK timer is 15 minutes. They can simply set up an auto click on an arbitrary button every 13-14 minutes. AFK timers just hurt innocent people. Nobody else.
    Batbener and Nolrog like this.
  3. RainbowTest Augur

The most frustrating part of the afk plat farmers and item farmers is that they are all in the same places nonstop. There will almost always be one at the ice giants in Everfrost and atleast half the instances of solb at the Efreeti camp. Oh and Runneyeye.
  4. Shmef Augur

afk auto kick NEVER hurts bots - period. even if the timer was 1 minute they would simply make sure an action is taken every 59 seconds.
  5. Igniz Augur

[IMG]

would be the most basic solution countermeasure to auto AFK kicks...

Doesn't even need to DO anything, he could be pecking on the shift key for all it's worth ...
    Sheex likes this.
  6. Urshulgi Augur

Can't wait for Kunark- I wonder what Seb and Howling Stones are going to look like

Friend of mine commented one time back in 2000 that he was able to run, unmolested by frogs, shrooms, or juggernauts, from the entrance of Seb all the way to Trakkanon's room one night during prime time, because literally everything was dead. I think he may have been exagerrating a bit, but I could definitely see it happening with armies of mage boxers clearing the zone.
  7. dlovin New Member

I reported a 6 person mage bot that was sitting, standing, casting all at the exact same time... not because I care how that person chooses top lay the game but because they were KSing me and talking trash while doing it.

A week later I still see that person playing... with their 1 cleric and 5 mages all still playing in unison. I'm fairly certain unless somebody is duping or exploiting DBG isn't going to do jack about it.
  8. Ethereal Augur

Yes, but you're forgetting that near the end of that episode that bird almost triggered a meltdown at the plant!
  9. Unrepentant New Member

Auto afk kicks are not the answer. Action when you report them is.

I see a lot of posts from staff urging players to act responsibly. Basically, if we act responsibly, we lose. This game devolves to running around killing trash to make enough plat to buy from the botters. Personally, I'm done with it. I will actively KS from botters if I can.

I walked up to check on a boxed crew this morning. One of them spoke. I wished them well and moved on. If they hadn't, then I would've tried to ks the next spawn.

I figure you'll learn quick enough then. Real players will raise hell.

Besides, DBG condones KSing. They told me that in game when a mage dropped into the camp I was holding and started killing the named spawns.

So, for real players, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

For botters, do unto others all you can.
  10. Zublak Augur

That sounds like a boxer, not a botter. boxer-is software is allowed to be used in EQ. It makes it to where you can broadcast things to one button.
  11. Laronk Augur

Someone trained me and offered me a 0% rez when he thought i was boxing =( i was watching a movie waiting on my named to spawn =(
  12. Shmef Augur

congratulations for wasting the very limited GM time there is. nothing you have stated was against the rules. sitting/standing/casting at the same time is from [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], very much within the rules. KSing, also within the rules. DPS is the law of the land. if you can DPS it faster you win. i dont like it nor condone it but that is the rules we have right now. if you dont like it either i suggest you send in feedback about it.

trash talking could possibly be considered harassment, but that would depend on the GM investigating and would probably be just a warning.
  13. dlovin New Member

Sorry I was under the impression that any software designed to automate commands across all windows was against the rules.. as was any other form of automation.

Interesting to know. Again I don't care how people choose to play. Do whatever is fun for you but if you see a paladin off in his own corner soloing one mob at a time don't go killing his mobs =p
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Beware of nuclear meltdowns though!
  15. Fizzer Journeyman

Maybe AFK needs new definitions piled on top of existing ones. Maybe look at loc. Same /LOC for more then 10 minute = AFK. boot boot boot the smelly mothers. lol
  16. RadarX Augur

If you see someone you believe is violating our Terms of Service please report them at help.daybreakgames.com.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.