Assuming the bans/fixes start to really work..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zurd, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Typucm Elder

5 mins ago here was a post how dupe items/plat work, but seems it was deleted.. So its true - dupe was real :(
  2. RadarX Augur

Folks in order to help avoid further moderation and clarify policy:

• Don't discuss exploits. Multiple people have been permanently suspended from these forums today and won't be coming back.
    • Please don't discuss your friend/husband/pet alpaca who was wrongly suspended. We can't comment on those actions here and CS does not utilize this forum so we are going to shut those discussions down.
    Any further updates on this topic will come from Roshen/Windstalker.
    Tudadar and Sheex like this.
  3. HionKrak New Member

Anyone know the best method to contact CS for clarification of a banned account and how to get said account unbanned if no cheating was indeed happening?
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thank you, sir. Gold star for you today!
    Thunderkiks and Iila like this.
  5. Ducreux Augur

That was a troll post, the "dupe" listed in that thread was a reference to Diablo1.

Hint- You can't drop plat on the ground.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My choice Simpsons clip with Snake as the "Wallet Inspector" sadly was removed with thread too :(
  7. Vaclav Augur

Such blind alpaca hate, where can we draw the line?!
  8. Vaclav Augur

Anymore...

You could once upon a time.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

10. Ducreux Augur

Yeah and mosscovered twigs are dropping.

Once upon a time.
  11. RadarX Augur

I'm afraid we're also handing out suspensions for trolling like any other day.
    Simone, Silv and rick like this.
  12. bobjones1208 Augur

[IMG]
    skattabrainz, Elkay, Finchy and 3 others like this.
  13. Laronk Augur

Why is this the policy when someone posts on the account on the forums why was I banned? For riot games when people do the why was I banned post they get publicly shamed if they need to be shamed.

Furthermore why delete posts that explain how an exploit works, either it doesn't work and one of you can say lol noobs this stuff doesn't work or it does work and you can stop server transfers or what ever to stop it from working.

I'm not saying there's a dupe or an exploit I think its just market manipulation but when you delete posts it tells us a different story and it could encourage people to dump all their plat into krono (because krono are pretty safe)
  14. Hateseeker Augur

What if there was a change to the Krono process...let's say, krono now cost what, $17.99, and can be traded any number of times. But they create also a Qrono (pronounced the same as Krono, but spelled in honor of our Klingon overlords who we will meet in the 2200s), and they cost $14.99, but can only be traded once, after that they can only be consumed.

This would give players more ability not to contribute to what they individually might see as destructive practices to a server. If a player needs to boost his in-game platinum and wants to buy krono to do it, but wants to at least limit his OWN selling to only help those who just want to play the game, he would buy a Qrono, knowing he will get less platinum for it.

How might that affect the situation we now find ourselves in, especially now that megatons of platinum may have entered the economy? Additionally, people holding stocks of existing Krono could be allowed to convert their Krono to Qrono in a one-time process.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  15. RadarX Augur

What answers I can provide you:
    1. We aren't Riot. We have folks who enjoy their products but if shaming people is something you want, you will be disappointed here.
    2. I'm going to assume you are legitimately asking why we delete exploit details. We don't want people doing them or trying to do anything like them. This is a can of worms and we just aren't going to open it. Once again I respect you may disagree with this, but it's policy and I have to enforce it.
    3. At the end of the day a very very VERY tiny fraction of the server population comes here (yes we have numbers) so my actions here are more about mitigating further moderation needs. I've worked with a lot of communities and EQ folks are pretty smart. I think most of you realize what is happening and how the world really isn't ending. Let's just let things play out.
  16. rick Augur

lol you can't .. I didn't know that (i used to have to do that way back when to transfer between characters but it was a little nerve wracking in case someone found it before you got back)
    and leave the poor alpaca accounts alone .. how much do they have to do as it is most of the time
  17. Behee Augur

Because it isn't very professional. There is no need for public shaming, which is closely related to witch hunts.

They acted absolutely correctly - they shut down talk about exploits and are banning people using them. They don't also need to resort to public ridicule, especially since the person may be appealing the decision.

Edit: ... or what RadarX said :p
    noclue and rick like this.
  18. squidgod Augur

That's only half of what they're designed to do—the other half is to allow players to buy plat for cash.

The real issue stems from krono being infinitely tradeable, which leads to them being used as investment vehicles—places to park your platinum so it doesn't lose value due to the rampant inflation on progression servers. The solution is to make Krono either a 1-time trade item or have them be consumed upon trade, but DBG is unable or unwilling to do so.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Ghubuk Augur

I always find it odd when people blame krono, in and of itself, of being the problem. If people are buying or selling them, then people obviously believe that what they are getting or giving is fair. Otherwise, there could be no trade involving them going on.

It's when exploits happen that there is an issue.

It has nothing at all to do with market ups and downs at all, any more than selling or buying gems, tradeskill items or any other item for plat.
    noclue and Behee like this.
  20. Zurd Lorekeeper

wow this sure has wandered off course a bit. (of course it has)

But to clarify to the couple people who either misread or desired to misinterpret my OP, having the opinion that kronos hurt TLP servers isn't the point of the post...and it was clearly stated as an opinion. One which wasn't really refuted, though an ad hominem attack seems crop up here and there.

The question was really...are there some effective money sinks that wouldn't penalize the server available that might improve things?. Voluntary and possibly positive things... So far I'm liking the suggestion about rolling out some more advanced tradeskills. Those don't hurt anyone but that could move some of the excess money back out of the screwy economy. More potions and even something like a corpse summoner in the ecom tunnel might be fun ideas that could do the trick as well. I'm sure there are pros and cons but some of these ideas have merit and deserve consideration.

As to all the random and extraneous comments about people not understanding Kronos... Please come back with some cogent economic argument or at least some good guesstimates about how the krono benefits TLPs and we can talk. I understand that kronos impact DBGs bottom line..what neither I, nor anyone else here knows is what the real numbers are. There's probably a big short term bump but what are the long term costs. Are we seeing a stable number of subscriptions or are kronos temporarily making up for a rapidly declining sub rate? For each person who creates 6 accounts are we losing 3 others with 1-2?

We make assumptions...those assumptions are based on our observations, and we form opinions for good or ill accordingly.

Despite the fact that seems to offend some people...my opinion is that kronos negatively impact the game by promoting one aspect of it (pp farming and mage army box AND botting) that has a somewhat negative impact on live servers but a disproportional negative impact on TLP. From my conversations I believe that kronos on TLP are causing a concentration of fewer and fewer people with more accounts while driving out more and more people with single accounts and quickly creating an unsustainable system. My opinion is that the benefit will diminish quickly while the cost wil escalate quickly causing more harm than good in the nearer future. I don't believe that this is a 5 year thing...I think it's a 1 year thing...and that doesn't seem like good business. Hope that makes sense...if not...sorry I'll just let you chew on it for a bit.

Consequently I think that (WHILE THERE IS NO CHANCE DBG IS GETTING RID OF KRONOS) there are ways to...
    wait for it.....
    MITIGATE...the negative effects.

Does that mean the problems go entirely away?
    Nope.
    Does that mean that RMT peeps will stop doing shady things?
    Nope.
    Have people always found a way to do things that negatively impact the game?
    Yep.

However none of that precludes the basic idea that the situation can be improved over what it is.

Even when harm can't be eliminated, it can be reduced. The suggestions I, and several others here, have advanced are intended to do that...not end bad practices (because I agree that's unrealistic)...but to reduce them to a less severe point where we don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

You can suggest (or state, or scream) that any one of my suggestions won't work, but please do so with an alternate suggestion on how things might be improved, a rational statement about why the idea doesn't actually "decrease" the problem...or at least an honest statement (that some make) that you are happy with the way things are and don't want change.

I don't see many people asking for a magical-perfect solution, but I see a lot asking for improvements. Maybe if we focus on that we can get somewhere.

Honestly though this is probably just a way to pass a few downtime minutes because in reality...I don't expect more from these boards, but sometimes I like to spit into the wind.
    Tweelis likes this.