Thanks for ruining Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxarale01 Augur

Exactly... the population balance was heavily in favor of RF at almost twice as many there as opposed to LJ from all accounts. The fact the servers are now equal speaks volumes on how twisted the unlock vote skewing by DB was and how toxic the talking heads over there are.

Will they learn? Nah... no matter how intelligent many of them claim to be... none have any wisdom. There is a difference in the two words that seems lost on them.
    Massimo_Bertoxx likes this.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Agree. This whole thing has been a mess entirely created by dbg. I said once the whole early vote thing started, along with their irrational commitment to pve "competition" (whatever the F that even is supposed be in modern eq) to the detriment of the majority of the customer base reeked of pet project-ism because their handling of these servers has been a comedy show at nearly every turn for anyone who knows eq and how it is played. I find more comfort in the assumption that there has been a misguided or even delusional agenda at work than accepting that these people are just winging it and THIS is the way they really think is really good for this TLP lol

So, for whatever reason, I'm finding myself being optimistic that Smed leaving might shake something loose with the decisions that are being made here. Shall see, I guess. I'm thinking Holly leaving would be even better. I've been following her Twitter for a while....Honestly, she doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer, evidenced by the E3 interview, yes, but really....Can any other old vets think of any other time this game has been in worse condition than it has been under her stewardship? I can't. It's not just here. I'm told there are serious problems on live, also.
  3. RainbowTest Augur

The Majority of the live issues were caused by TLP.
  4. squidgod Augur

DBG is the enabler.

"police yourselves"
  5. squidgod Augur

You're a fool if you think Smed has paid even the slightest attention to EQ1 in the past decade. He's just like the players--throwing away the old stuff and always chasing the next big thing.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. squidgod Augur

IIRC, she said that on the first day of transfers.
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I don't know what Smed does or doesn't do and neither do you. I do know that when heads of companies leave, things change. Think.
  8. RainbowTest Augur

I just hope they change from pleasing RMT players to pleasing their most important group, their paying customers(not krono clicking, but actual krono buying and subscription paying customers).
  9. Xanumbik Augur

I moved back to RF its much nicer now and i got to admit im over vanilla i just hope we dont zoom through velious and luclin!
  10. Aereus New Member

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RMT problem over the next month. On RF at least, krono prices are rapidly escalating. I'm guessing that krono stockpiles from live servers have been depleted, and not many people are buying new ones to twink characters anymore, so hopefully that means they begin to go offline.

I highly doubt the people tooling around with large box/bot armies are keen to fork over several hundred dollars at the end of the month to renew those accounts.
  11. Silv Augur

If you think Dzarn is part of the "worst dev team" ever then you have no clue what you're talking about. You also must have forgotten about some of the previous devs. We actually had some of the worse ones cut when they switched over to DBG.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sheex and Reht like this.
  12. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

I've basically given up hope that DBG is going to do anything to combat the RMT'er/20-box mage army problem head on. So at best, I can hope that what you say is going to be the case and that the stockpiles of kronos that have been built up on the live servers over the last few years is going to be quickly consumed by the TLP playerbase and at that point it will be harder for the RMT'ers to continue their business that is detrimental to the economy and playerbase because they will then be forced to pay real life money for these accounts rather than being able to consume kronos. That being said I imagine any RMT'er who is as calculating and scummish as I think they are has probably already stockpiled dozens if not hundreds of stockpiles to keep their bot armies going for at least the next few months/foreseeable future.
  13. Batbener Augur

TL didn't kill the server. There are about 250 people on this planet that want to play a "DPS Brah" server at classic in EQ. TL recruited about 150 of them before the server started, and another 75 after it opened. I have said this before and I will say it again, as a "hardcore" guild, they are actually nicer than most. Ya, some of their members brag a little too much on the forums for my taste, but that's about my only complaint for them. I don't know how good they are, because I know their competition sucked.

DGB needs to kill the rotation and give TL back their DPS server. The lockjaw slackers had their low population(for a classic server with instances) and it should be left alone. Make a third server, that is at 3 months per xpac. The lockjaw slackers can have their noobtopia, the DPSers can have their server, and the rest of us normal thinking EQ players that don't have the time to play 24/7 can have ours.
  14. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I honestly do not believe that is either fair or accurate, and I am certainly no fan of the current (in)decision makers at DBG. They are, however, the smallest team to work on the EQ franchise in the last 16 years and that has more of a negative impact than anything else.
  15. rick Augur

I have to wonder if like on LJ many players were being held back by a few high levels and big guilds.
    You have a choice it seems on LJ be in a big guild (and don't get me wrong there are good people in these guilds and it is most likely just a few black sheep) or make a mage army to play by yourself.

My druid is pretty much at this time stuck at 37th unless i choose to solo as they don't like druids.. our DPS is lower in the DD department than mages necros and of course the big gun known as wizards.
    Druid heals are not on par with clerics for single target heals (though I have to wonder if the druids who have tried to heal higher end stuff have neglected to bother to pull out all the tricks as a druid back "in the day" had to buff and regen to be comparable) and shamans get cannibalize to return many as well as a lot of buffs.

I think you will find there are a lot of players in this kind of boat where their "favorite" character gets stuck because a few have made choices for the many.

IF this was going on maybe they left RF in hopes to find better chances .. sadly all they did was find a new series of faces doing the exactly same thing
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Wish i could have liked this post more than once..............
    Silv and Numiko like this.
  17. Viersa Journeyman

I know a good 10+ people who transferred off of RF because of TL/Apok, despite not even really being in the raiding scene. They just want to get away from the toxicity of the server. I don't want to wait 3 extra months for Kunark but I go where my friends go.

So yeah Ragefire ruined itself.
  18. Steampunk Augur

Ragefire ruined itself just fine with no help needed.
  19. Jarbaal New Member

Ragefire is not ruined. I think this is the third time I've posted this sentiment. Go go vocal minority! Go go forum warriors / questers! Me and all my friends have had an overall very positive experience on Ragefire. When I read these forums I question if any of you even play on the server you complain about so much. Oh well, enjoy being stuck in classic forever and thank you for relieving our overpopulation issue on Ragefire.
  20. RadarX Augur

At this point folks, while we always appreciate feedback this thread has derailed, rerailed, derailed, caught fire, extinguished, got back on topic, and covered multiple topics. It's time we put this away.

If you have general concerns, please absolutely use one of the existing threads to discuss those.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.