Is there a plat dupe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tudadar Augur

Need dev response / third TLP server
    Ckador likes this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

Yeah trust him. 475,000pp cash sitting on a character paying 33% more then current prices and double a week or so prior is LEGIT.
  3. Frenzic Augur

Two progression servers in a row a plat dupe was exploited. Will they actually fix this one? Will it be like Fippy where they fixed the exploit but left millions of plat on the server?

Tune in Jan 2016 to find out!
    Mezrah, Zahariel and Tudadar like this.
  4. Ohsnap New Member

They already announced a fix to this...no box server
    Carlos likes this.
  5. Captainblood Lorekeeper

Nobody cares anymore. Most who came back for fun have already left. Those who travel through all the progression servers for whatever reason and those who are determined to defeat the same old world bosses for the 5000th time are the only ones still around. No sense in repainting the titanic, sh!+ is lost.
    Carlos likes this.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    Is anybody actually ****PLAYING**** THEIR CHARACTERS FIGHTING AND HUNTING MOBS AND QUESTING?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Who is playing the game?
    Raelsmar likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Trust no one.

Whatever anyone else is saying I am saying this is what you see when a serious plat dupe happens in a game with a krono out of game type item.

Without the krono one would just see large price increases, inflation, of in game items. Which come to think of it is also occurring but I cant say that is clear atm. May be the cause is something else if so that will work out on its own IF not then speed is king on response time.

That is not saying there is one but it sure justifies someone looking into things at DB if they still can be bothered to do so.
  8. Gloom Journeyman

I'm not faithful if there will be an open PR response to all of us at the moment, and that can be for a few reasons. Most likely this:

-If they came out and said if they are / are not investigating something specific, people will stop doing it and they will lose track, or find another way to circumvent and never get caught.

-They don't want people who abused it to disappear and them lose track of 'em.

I am on the line of them needing to address this publicly, and quickly... but I can also understand if they are still working on it behind the scenes.
  9. Grandma Elder

WHERE'S THE BEEF??
  10. Rhodz Augur

If there were any trust remaining in DB keeping silent would not be a bad idea. Since there is so little of that I agree this stuff has a short shelf life.
  11. Raelsmar Lorekeeper

Yeah the more I keep playing the more I keep asking myself the same thing and quite frankly it's getting ridiculous.

1) Between plat exploits because of free server transfers that should never happened because they should have kept both servers at 6 months, because that was what was voted upon and was stated would be the unlock period by DBG.
    2)The fact obvious M-Q-Two users are running around blatantly exploiting and not even trying to hide it in a lot of cases, because all DBG requires is a "response to a tell" to unequivocally prove that person is definitely and most positively NOT a botter when anyone with half a brain knows crap like the paineel bone chip farming is botting at it's most basic level.
    3)The fact IS_Boxer is not only rampantly used, but openly allowed by DBG.
    4)The fact that kronos are on this server, when most people who aren't RMT'ers unanimously agree they shouldn't be allowed on the server and are ruining the economy and are detrimental to the playerbase.

These things, among others things makes me assume I am in the vast minority of people who are actually playing their character(s) full-time and not automating the play and that when I camp items or farm plat to buy items that I am in the minority and am not using exploits to dupe plat.

Like someone said in an earlier post I will bet good money a lot of people on Lockjaw probably petitioned they were missing items they never even owned/possessed and that there was so much uproar from people complaining and backlogging of petitions because of the rollback that DBG just decided to grant people stuff they said they lost to catch up on petitions, rather than do much, if any research as to whether or not the person ever actually posessed those items.

I have given DBG its props that it does seem, in at least some cases, trying to do the right thing and "right some wrongs" they made, but I'm getting tired of feeling anyone who meets one or more of the criteria above are getting essentially "rewarded" for cheating because the lack of caring, punishment, and/or ability to enforce the rules exhibited by DBG. I'm coming really close to cancelling my accounts (and no I'm not seeking attention or pretending me cancelling my accounts is going to make any difference) and just hoping the no box/bot server they have mentioned actually comes to fruition and that they are actually able and willing to monitor and enforce it. Because if I do get tired of it all and throw my hands up and say the hell with it, that's about the only thing that is going to get me to come back and play EQ again or give DBG a chance to redeem itself in my eyes.
    Drexll likes this.
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing down this thread of rumor, trolling, and wild speculation.

If you have actual evidence of any wrong doings... please contact us directly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.