Who's the "bad guy"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Antonico, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Antonico Journeyman

Everyone is or no one is.

No guild is defined by 1 or 2 players out of 300+. The guild members who make the greatest impacts tend to be the one who display the worst behaviors. Because the behaviors they display are so bad, these stories are the ones that float around the most.

"I got trained and run out of a camp by 6 mage boxes!" is a bigger deal that's yelled about than "A dude with like 6 mages came by, asked how long I was planning on being here, threw me a DS and told me to 'Have fun!'".

Both are encounters that happen daily, but you don't hear about the good upstanding mage boxer, only the one who ran someone to ground. This skirts a slightly different topic, but when the boxes all have the same guild tag, it gives that guild a bad rep, even though it's just one person.

The same is true for RMT, training, stealing camps/kills, general asshattery (two t's or one?). This nonsense of holding 300+ member guilds completely responsible for 2% (6 toons / 300 members) isn't conducive to a community.

Devil's Advocate - On the other hand, when said offences happen (and they do) they need to be addressed immediately and harshly. Let the dregs join up into a new guild and get banned. But do not shelter them.

- Sidebar - Pulling in the planes gets confusing, take a grain of salt before you start yelling about people training. Consider it practice for Kunark.

edit: "feasible" to "conducive to a community"
  2. Steampunk Augur

Anybody figure out what this guy is trying to say? It started out pretty good, but then it kinda fizzled out and blew apart like a pop-bottle rocket.
  3. Simone Augur

It seemed pretty self explanatory. He made a point and a counterpoint.
  4. Recnarp Augur

I'm just here for some Forest Gump.
  5. RainbowTest Augur

6. Hasty Blades Journeyman

Uhm, I think he was trying to say people are good, unless they aren't then maybe they are bad. Maybe good people do bad things by mistake, but sometimes bad people do good things, but mostly bad people do bad things and good people do good things. Unless of course they don't then we aren't sure if they are good or bad or maybe they are both or neither. Oh, and sometimes people join up and form guilds. Summation: He's struggling with the duality of mankind whilst trying to poop in a sock and eat the last bit of potato chips as he trains the group next to him right after giving them all DS buffs.
    Antonico, View and Son of a... like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

one of these guys loves puppies and kittens and takes him grandma out for lunch every Sunday....

[IMG]

Can you spot him?
    Antonico and View like this.
  8. Bufonidae Elder

Poetry
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

I thought Frenzic was the bad guy? ;)
    View likes this.
  10. Syrup Augur

Everyone knows who the bad guy is...
    [IMG]
    Reht and Bufonidae like this.
  11. Canik Augur

We already know the answer
    [IMG]
    Antonico and Reht like this.
  12. RandomStrategy Augur

Dude....You really have to stop eating the THC baked goods and taking bong rips before you get on the forums.
  13. Son of a... Augur

Well....you know, when you're going to train people, it's always good to DS them first cuz you want to give them a fighting chance.
    View likes this.