Is there a plat dupe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexaholic Augur

Let's do some simple common sense equations here. Server transfers go live. The next day, Krono go up in price by about double. There is obviously something that has to do with transfers, that is allowing people to dupe either items or plat.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Takes a total of 0 Krono to do the manipulation they're implying.
  3. Frenzic Augur

Ouch bro... that hurts. I look nothing like him! =/
  4. Frenzic Augur

Let me know how your test goes :)

My birds tell me that things are not as simple as they seem...
  5. Steampunk Augur

Yes, that is the correct way to get around things; see or hear an implication that was never made. So, if the bug/exploit exists, and you have proof of it, present that proof through the proper channels to DGC for them to examine and take the appropriate action. Since I never said to post the details or the proof in the public forums.
  6. Vaclav Augur

One of the theories isn't that elaborate at all (would really be just a stupid oversight), the other one... relatively tricky...
  7. Frenzic Augur

Yes dad. I know what my responsibilities are: err would be if there was an exploit.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Got motivated to bother trying to test, one method failed utterly - other if it works requires a nuance in timing to get right. So I'm doubtful.

Did think of a third I handed off to someone else to potentially check though.
  9. Elovera Journeyman

I'm going to go with the plat farmers didn't roll on Lockjaw because they were already established on Ragefire but when the transfers opened up they bolted for the new territory and the extended classic periods that will make it easier to farm Krono for a longer time at a lower price. They can farm on any server and Lockjaw is probably the easiest farm right now.

Also, Krono on Lockjaw was running about 1k less than Ragefire. If they cashed out on Ragefire and then went to lockjaw and started buying up the market they would have increased there Krono by about 30%.

I also see it feasible that they bought up the market to cause the price to go up and are keeping it up so they can sell them back for two to three times what they paid for them. There is definitely a lot of speculative fake pricing flying around in auction which seems to be aimed at pumping up the market and then dumping their krono for huge profit.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Speculation rarely inflates that much that quickly in my experience. I'm new to the whole "in-game" speculation thing - but seeing speculation drive a stock up by double within two days is basically unheard of.
  11. Recnarp Augur

Wouldn't surprise me if there were. I just logged on for a few minutes of trying my luck at uncovering this rumor. In the past, you could bug items through several methods such as the shared bank, shrouding, token(s) of reclamation (still possible to do this I believe), and social engineering with GMs when it comes to transferring.

Somethings I did note while briefly trying:
    - When you use /servertransfer and click submit, although it says it disconnects you immediately... it actually doesn't. Maybe in that time window before it actually disconnects you is where you perform your other actions (parceling and trading items, using shared banks, destroying items to be reclaimed somehow, etc.)

- Another, if you look at the possible destinations, you can transfer to Zek. Why is Zek listed as transferable? Although you can't transfer back from Zek from what I've tried, there may be other things to test here. (or not *shrugs*) One possible method here is someone server transferred from Ragefire/Lockjaw to Zek, logged on his or her Zek character, parceled money to the newly transferred character, did not withdraw it from the parcel to cause attention (parcels aren't exactly in limo until withrawn - they are tied to the character I believe once delivered), put in a petition to say, "I don't know why I got transferred to Zek, I wanted to go to Lockjaw (or Ragefire)" and a GM didn't think twice about undoing the transfer. Believe it or not, this stuff is possible with customer service.

- It's possible to start the transferring process and /q instantly to the server select screen and log back on to the server. Even though it says it's logging out the current character in-game, it actually hasn't finished the transferring process during that time once you get to the character screen. You'll see your character there, but once you click enter world you'll get the disconnect message. Possible timing issue?

If this bug/exploit holds any weight, and unfortunately since I don't have a lot of time to try several other methods, I would start looking into those areas I mentioned for those curious.(/nudges senior guides)
  12. Simone Augur

I've seen it happen in cryptocurrency markets so I'm not really surprised it can happen with Krono as well. I think we have the panic of crowds happening where people are in a hurry to convert their platinum into Krono and are afraid that if they don't they will miss their opportunity to make a lot of platinum as Krono launches to the moon.
  13. code-zero Augur

The problem is that Krono have been seriously undervalued for a very long time and that's making an adjustment
  14. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------
    I wonder if we shouldn't consider that the origin of the reason for the movement going on with Krono may actually not be on the TLP servers, but instead the TLP servers are being utilized (*with consequences for us of course) as a tool to implement something going on within some other server(s) in EQ, EQ II or DBG's other games.

It isn't as simplistic as some are presenting it. The negative result we will have to withstand however is fairly straight forward if this continues.
  15. Numiko Augur

Could it be a simpler thing, like people who falsely claimed they lost tons of items/plats in the roll back just before the transfers and an overwhelmed CS department just handing out whatever people asked for with out doing any checking?

I even read about one guy who posted that he got 15K plats returned to him that he did not even ask for!

Could this sudden infusion of plats plus all the money brought over from the ragefire refugee's be what is causing this hyper inflation?
  16. Skipper Augur

People have gotten bored on RF and have quit farming gear to sell. Thus there is no reason for people to purchase Kronos to sell for plat. With a lot less Kronos for sale, the prices are rising as the demand is still there. LJ is simply following RF's example.

Once Kunark opens, people will return and you will see a large influx of Kronos and the price may actually go down temporarily but the market will settle down.

The bottom line is no one is selling Kronos. So obviously the price is skyrocketing.
  17. Numiko Augur

That's a good point, a lot of people showed up to these servers with dozens or even hundreds of Krono in their pockets from playing on the live servers or other games, I imagine by now this supply of these "free" krono has been depleted somewhat by people who came here just to snap up cheap Krono and leave.

now people are faced with actually spending $18 US on a Krono to get one, they are balking so the overall supply of Krono on the server is dropping fast.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Radloh Lorekeeper

The EQ2 progression servers are probably taking a lot of krono off the market.
  19. Finchy Augur

LJ opens after patch that all of a sudden LJ has enabled all xpac's which PoK is now open
    People instantly go to PoK Loyatly vendor
    People with several accounts that have been playing on TLPs for a long time have loyalty coin unused.
    People dump all their loyalty coin into plat bags (avg 13-17k per bag)
    They put plat in shared bank
    Rollback happens and doesn't effect shared bank
    login and remove plat from shared bank
    Profit.

plat bags are 380 or 480 loyalty coin per and nets you roughly 13-17k per bag. My box accounts who haven't been active very long have 5760 loyalty. You do the math on accounts that have been around a long time + multple accounts.

/shrug
  20. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Perhaps, EQ2ers are more likely to buy stuff from Station market place than EQers in my experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.