Producer's Letter: July Update and What's Coming Up

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Hiladdar Augur

Thank you Mediik for summarizing Holly's post.

Regarding the campaign thing ... I do not have enough information on what it is to comment on it.

Regarding the new progression server (box or no box, bot or no bot) .... Please enough of the "new server flavor of the month." These new servers are filled with players from other servers and not new or returning players. Hence, in my opinion is that all it does is weaken the main servers. I'd rather see those resources be allocated to marketing and advertising to draw in new players. If all the all the servers are running at 80-90% capacity, that would be the time to consider a new server(s).

TLP server transfers .... I don't care

All Servers fixing broken problems .... I concur, and more so, I think this is a great application of resources, since it strengthens all the servers.

Thanks Guides! .... Ok, what ever.

We will bring you more details .... Ok, what ever.

The other major discussion in this thread was about the changes to rain spells and reduction to Arx boss mob ACs. I think those changes were implemented to fast as well as being too big. If a change of this scope has to be done in the future, my recommendation is to spread it over several patches, obtaining statistical feedback. I really prefer such changes done by strengthening weaker classes, or letting the overpowered class be atrophy in strength over time across several expansions.
  2. Insanekitty Lorekeeper

Hi I play a zerker , put your tears of complaints in my box of I don't care :) TLP or otherwise . btw I think saying anything about my class is pointless since everyone knows we are OP.

IK was here
  3. Brogett Augur

Step back from the keyboard for one moment, take a breath, and think!

Does adding an EXTRA server that has a no-boxing rule block any of the existing players on existing servers from continuing to play as before? Of course not.

The only risk DGC have here is that they invest time and money without getting enough new subscribers to offset the costs. It's worth a punt IMO. They already have the mechanics for producing new TLP servers as they've been doing this recently and it's fresh in their mind. All it needs is a bit of (probably cheap) hardware, some coding for the single-box check (no doubt doomed to failure, cue huge incoming rants once they launch it) and whatever admin costs are incurs.
  4. Slipply New Member

I think progression servers hold people subscribing longer than expansions. Most people stay on till Planes of Power. The problem I see coming is that it will no longer be as special now that they know they can just reset at PoP and expect people to start all over again.

The no box server does sound interesting until you are sitting there for 2 hours looking for a healer and non pet tank.

In the end, they need to find a way to keep live servers pumping blood and use progression servers as a band-aid between expansions.
    KarmaThaKing likes this.
  5. Slipply New Member

I agree except for the blow off of the guide program. There has been very little in EQ that has been more fun when a guide starts some mischief. Hopefully we will start seeing these events back on live servers once they get to full force. This would be absolutely great for the game.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

They have always been there. Especially last month it appears that they have been extremely active.
  7. Ezeron New Member

This game is casterquest pure and simple. I always figured the people making the game liked casters more because mages were so completely easy to play and killed everything a lot faster. I actually heard someone in my group on ragefire say someone give that poor melee class a group so he will stop ooc LFG. Sad, just sad IMO. I have had all melee classes in my group and all caster classes and it was just ridiculous how much faster the caster class group killed.
  8. Lumiens Augur

Yeah, I made the mistake of leveling a rogue to 50 on Ragefire instead of just jumping on the caster band wagon. I was in a Hole group one time with a warrior tank, myself (rogue) and then even a third rogue in the group. The cleric in our group wouldn't stop about how atrocious our dps was and he eventually just gated out in the middle of everything and joined a different group in Solb.

Really looking forward to the new server this winter, I stopped playing on Ragefire a month ago after the night we were in Plane of Fear, Cazic spawns, we move across the zone, start to engage him and 5 seconds later some guy logs in on his 18 mages and just stands there spam re-summoning his pets every time one eats a death touch and destroys our entire raids damage.

Any changes they have made to Ragefire since then is too little, too late for me since I already deleted all my characters i had on the server in utter disgust over how stupid everyone boxing 6+ mages makes the economy and raiding for everyone else that doesn't box their own mages to complete.

The only thing that I really hope they do with the new server this winter is please start it at Kunark.
  9. Lethandor_Cazic New Member

So it will stop people from boxing on the same machine (when coded) but there is no way to stop the folks who have multiple machines set up. Nice try though. Since this will be a client side adjustment how are you going to stop it from affecting the boxers who have no interest in the new server but are forced to only run one client per machine.
  10. Dazherz New Member

That guy is real. He made a fortune on FV decking people out in TDS gear before moving over there where he's doing the same thing. Well, not TDS gear but you know. He's talked about in FV general all the time .. Tyler-something.

Must be making things hard there. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm going to wait before I change.

Dazherz
  11. Jimmy2times Elder

DEVS!

Can we please for the love of god get a Classic server! You all have done every other type of server and there is a mass group of people who want to see a classic only server. This along with no boxing would be super awesome! There are "other" servers out there that are classic only (EQ, Kunark, SoV, PoP) preferably progression to PoP then lock it.. or even up to LDoN then lock it :D
  12. boneclaw1 New Member

As far as a no box server COME On. Another server to take away from the already dying ones? Might want to think about server merger instead of killing off more.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. SithWizard Elder

I have no problem with people boxing 1,2 or 3 accounts, it's the people who box 12, 18 or 24+ accounts that really irks me. I'm sorry but a guild of 3 people boxing 60 accounts is annoying to me.

I would like a server with a 3 box maximum, launch it with Kunark, progression every 3 months up to LDoN.
    Nymm likes this.
  14. Barbwarrior Augur

There is one called p1999 and it's free ?)
  15. Lighteningrod Augur

Arbitrary declarations really irk me.
  16. SithWizard Elder

Than do not read them, much less comment on them. ;)
  17. Cendar New Member

Some of these posts are ridiculous. Who makes a Mage for utility in a raid?
    Yeah, right………..

Mage are described as having the second highest DD spells after wizards, which implies some level of skill in DPSing. In my opinion they should be a top 10 DPS in a raid. Most people consider Mages as a DPS class, not a utility class. Utilizing COH in a raid is stupid idea, seriously, the worst. You sir have won the prize! Making damage shields more powerful to offset rain spells being nerfed is stupid. How about take the nerf off rain spells in raid only situations? Some dumb spell that creates a parlor trick, and summons a flower clickable to make someone gate or cast a 15k dps spell on a level 105 raid mob with infinity for hitpoints, or gates someone is not a substitute for DPS.
    Mayfaire and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They should take the nerf off rain spells for all classes period. That was a terrible decision that did nothing but upset a sizable percentage of the player base.
    LS_Xegony_Dru likes this.
  19. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    Do you really not know how many former EQ vets came back for these TLP's that have never/would never set foot in P99? Come on.

You're right; if its a money-making proposition then I guess we'll see more, if not, less. And, I'd enjoy the hell out of those first 8 months before the pop died out if that were to happen!

Though I doubt very much it would ever, ever touch any sort of justification for those of us who dislike boxing ourselves as a choice...err actually, it would never even be an option on the table.

Lots of folks very interested in seeing how DBG carries this idea out, *NODS!
  20. Mediik Augur