DBG private communication with guild leaders needs to stop

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aneuren, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

The solution is easy. Any time a DBG official communicates with a guild official on matters that effect more than that one specific guild, the conversation should be posted by the DBG official in a locked thread.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Porygon Augur

I loose out respect for a lot of reasons...
    Rhiyannon, Berret and Steampunk like this.
  3. Uumdano Augur

Or unlocked because you know any decision regarding end game potentially still affects everyone. Just some sooner than others.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well, the purpose of making the communication transparent is mainly so that we have access to the information. We can always make our own threads to discuss. I just thought it might be easier to get DBG on board if they locked their own threads (in other words like how they do their maintenance posts).
  5. Necromonious Augur

LIKE I SAID, if they announced that they would conform to your demands and you believed them then you would be stupid and naive to believe it has stopped happening, because by nature it is in secret
  6. Weverley Augur

Like a previous thread is saying it's been happening since the game went live.The top raiding guilds always got discussions with devs and gm mainly they need their feedback before doing things that might be counter productive.It's better then daybreak decide something by themselves and get a big uproar from the community after rolling something.
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It would be fairly easy to tell, the next time someone comes along and said "DBG told us this," then there would be a record to compare it against.

If there becomes some grand scheme of complicity and both parties remain silent, then the rest of the playerbase can't well be punished for disobeying something that was never told to us.
  8. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Except, when this happens, they are only putting off the uproar. Decisions DBG has made after consulting privately with guilds have been turned back - you only have to see how some content is tuned down after it is publicly released - in the face of public feedback.

The feedback is going to come either way. This lets them get ahead of it rather than constantly stay behind the curve.
  9. Drexll Augur

^
  10. Tulgin Augur

You mean you didn't get invited to the pub with the DBG staff to discuss raid rotations? Wondered why I didn't see you there.
  11. -wycca Augur

Got a source for that wild claim? We had no such information. What we did know, after the patch, is that certain people in an opposing guild were "popping" Innoruuk in front of our tracker regularly that we couldn't see AND also doing it on a public twitch stream - the mob had a shadows buff which clearly was meant to hide it. We then saw them do it on CT repeatedly when there was no mob visible to any of us, nor was it on track - but they'd walk right up and the mob would appear on top of them in the middle of a field. Logical deduction suggested it was a possible hack-check (some of us remember other past attempts, dating back to PoHate 2.0), especially since those players were clearly "seeing" something the rest of us couldn't see. It was so blatantly obvious and done regularly that I took video of them doing it.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  12. Draslin Journeyman

Transparency has never been something to count on here. Not in the Verant Days, Not in the SoE days, and not today. This sort of thing has always happened and always will.
  13. kingoftheworld New Member

No clue who was spreading that rumor around. I saw it in general chat. Didn't believe it then but after the BS that has gone on lately, it makes me wonder.
  14. Freki Augur

alright i will never ever personally ask a DBG employee privately about things like hey is there going to be a level requirement when transfering from LJ to RF and vice versa... I will NEVER tell anyone any thing like this anymore why? you don't want to hear it!

this is idiotic. if you think this is a backroom deal you need to go to the other corner and get your tinfoil hats! they are talking to those that are dealing with things at the time that they have to fix the issue. but you want to know everything don't you? sure we'll go get the person that will start playing in 10 years and include their 6 year old ideas in there. do you see how stupid that idea is? well if you want to be in on it, make sure you are there.... make yourself a guild, keep it together and become one of the top guilds. then you'll be included. or personally take it upon yourself to talk to DBG staff, they will talk to you as if you were real and valued. I say this of Roshen, Holly, RaiderX (can't say any others i haven't talked to them specifically) and they have answered my questions and helped as i didn't start mouthing off like this post does.
  15. RadarX Augur

Let's go ahead and close this before speculation and assumption claim too many more forum accounts. As a reminder please follow the forum guidelines when posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.