Transferring to Lockjaw? Post Here

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Peri, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Voodu_The_Ogre New Member

I found the opposite to be true, which is why I applied to them. Could of went to any guild, but the people I kept running into from The Free Masons were very kind, and friendly. Guild chat is lively, an fun, Grats going off all the time lol. Members always asking in guild to fill groups, or for replacements first before asking elsewhere. The atmosphere is refreshing, reminds me ALLOT of the old days 01-07.

Have not witnessed any drama in guild chat, or groups. In fact the day before I joined, I was in Lguk with 4 members from TFM. There was an issue with Lord group, an the TFM members in group said don't bother, drama isn't worth it, be better than them. That's what made my final decision to join them. Have grouped with members from them various times while working on my character. Great group of people, sorry you had a bad experiance. But I guess there are bad apples in all guilds.
  2. Usethekamehamehawave New Member

50 Wiz / Warrior / Shaman to Lockjaw
  3. Vaclav Augur

Heh, usually its pretty well masked though - direct cursing is super rare - its more "implication" level type stuff that a few people sneak in.
  4. Agrippa Augur

While most of the Free Mason members are probably decent people, they have a number of extremely greedy people. The guild leader, Emergenc, is known to roll need on items for his alts or to sell in guild need before greed groups. The guild claims to need before greed, yet clerics need on melee weapons when they have better equipped, a number roll need on any tradeskill drops, including gems, etc. To be fair, though, it's one of the larger guilds on the server and any guild that recruits for quantity over quality members is going to have a difficult time policing its members.
  5. Asheran Augur

Yep! We have plenty of room for more raiders. Our largest raid force so far only totaled 63 characters (for the buffed Queen Bee), but we have cleared all of the current content.

We have quite a few coming from Ragefire already, but I guarantee spots in raids will be available. In my opinion, a modestly sized group of skilled players is much more fun / interesting than a massive, multi-raid zerg :D
  6. Finchy Augur

Myself, along with roughly 15 or so members of CZ will be heading to lockjaw when servers open to join Modest Man!
  7. Uumdano Augur

MM has literally some of the worst rep on the server but hey, who cares about rep and playing nice?
  8. Vaclav Augur

How much of that rep is based on reality or is fabricated though? I've interacted with them a reasonable amount (plus gotten a few tells inspired by their friend Azuth/Tulkas because of the similar name) and honestly I don't really see the bad rep stuff being warranted from a "second tier" perspective.

I'll admit with the history to Fippy and Dima/Gulfein fighting through it I was worried about them being terrible and really was critical believing every story there for a while (especially since I was grumpy about my name similarity with Tulkas/Azuth!) - but at this point, I'd say I hold them in high regard.

[And for the record, Faceless leadership that I'd become frustrated with are well on their way to mending things as well - before we'd get on that tangent...]

I think if people take a deep breath, let the past be the past and we just move forward and have fun with things as they've been the past few days (post Green Tofu/Sam Waterson/whatever else Innoruuk assist drama) I think we'll have an awesome environment to have fun with if we keep the tone appropriate.
  9. RainbowTest Augur

In my experience on Lockjaw the bad eggs tend to either be anonymous or in oddly named personal guilds. Just about the only rude thing I've seen from pretty much all of the guilds is the occasional druid standing at the druid rings seemingly afk who is asked for a ride somewhere and they sit down, mem what you think is the spell, and then cast gate. While one could argue that could have been accidental....it still rubs me the wrong way! And I'm just now connecting Vaclav to Aszuth ingame I know you! Bet you can't figure out who I am on LJ ;p
  10. Vaclav Augur

Considering how many people I interact with... and how none of them have a similar name to your forum title, and the only previous Test player I already know uses a different handle here (Hoisin)... Nope.

90% chance your non-DHS though, since most people in-guild refer to me with Vaclav/Rob/Aszuth interchangeably at this point.
  11. Croak Augur

I don't personally know of a guild on Lockjaw that doesn't have some kind of "play nice policy"

In addition to those mentioned from personal experience after reporting incidents and discussing with guild leadership, both Faceless and Ascended Darkness take PnP seriously, though with active recruiting not every recruit will necessarily be aware or be a perfect fit.

But maybe I get treated different.. many in Faceless are customers and I know lots of Darkblood guys from Fippy.
    Voodu_The_Ogre likes this.
  12. Uumdano Augur

Hopefully these folks actually are leaning towards pnp as opposed to my previous encounters, people can change so who knows? It would still be nice to have enforced so as to deter the asshattery that I have seen come from a very small minority of members and guild leaders of these major guilds.
  13. Croak Augur

The Advloot system isn't perfect, and you can't set needd/greed selectively based on the group you are in for 1000s of different items.
    Only use advloot filters for all the trash loot and I would recommend everyone use need on all of it, otherwise you will end up very poor.

Anything special drops, don't use autoroll - allocate it manually or roll manually

Any mistakes happen, blame the group leader or yourself, not the person who has their filters set to need.
  14. Weverley Augur

Never got much problem with advloot.When i wasn't on an all guild grp i would ask if it was need or greed and it was always if it's an upgrade to u personally put need rest put greed and everybody was going by same rules on any group i have been on.
  15. Agrippa Augur

Aye, Croak, it was a mistake to trust my guildmates and guild leader. I still almost exclusively group within the guild, but there are a good number of shady and individuals. Even when the guild claims to enforce need before greed, it becomes near impossible to police when guilds recruit anyone for quantities over recruiting quality members.
  16. Diemond1 New Member

I am coming to Lockjaw as soon as I can figure out how, never transferred before. :)
  17. spazo2224 New Member

I have also had a few bad run ins with free Mason. Noting super bad just a few shady instances.
  18. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

I moved from Ragefire to Lockjaw
    and
    <imagine I wrote something really clever here>
  19. Rhoulicas Augur

I transferred me and my box, 28 bard, 28 shaman....yeah, my wife transferred over to. More will be coming.
  20. Kazser New Member

I started on ragefire 4 days ago, seems my best choice would be to xfer to lockjaw