banned for 6 boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NoType, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steampunk Augur

@NoType .. Again, I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but almost everything you did was something that should have raised a flag and apparently did. Hopefully it will get worked out before too much time passes.
  2. Drexll Augur

Im glad your 6-boxing experience was a crappy one.
    Elricvonclief, Maxe, Shiea and 2 others like this.
  3. Tudadar Augur

Its too bad dbg doesnt post in threads like this and say exactly what someone did. Im sure there would be a lot less of them.
    complexication likes this.
  4. Kellaer Augur

You're kind of dumb, dude.
    Elricvonclief, Maxe, Shiea and 5 others like this.
  5. Steampunk Augur

I'm feeling very "tin-foil-hattish" all of a sudden for some reason....
    Yara_AB likes this.
  6. Tegl Journeyman

if you were in breach of Contract, then they have whatever remedies are specified under the Contract.

Based on the comments in this thread, looks like you broke some rules. Payment does not guarantee customer expectation - it's an agreement: your money for their product (subject to Company terms).

You could look and see if they have a dispute resolution clause. I doubt it - and it's not worth your few hundred to try for some kind of litigation. Maybe a claim clause. Try to find something fun to do with your roommate other than content that was designed for groups of players. I'm assuming that's what this is all for....
  7. Hludwolf Developer

You know the exact reason why I was over speaking with you.

That said, your accounts were probably automatically flagged for fraud prevention, and once they are reviewed, I am sure that you will be contacted.
  8. Derthe Journeyman

OP, are you seriously posting on the TLP boards looking for sympathy because your mage army got flagged and suspended? You and your little buddy (if one even exists) create 24 accounts in 48 hours and you expect anyone to buy that you're not RMT'ing?

I wish they'd leave all 24 accounts banned. They won't, and I'm sure you'll get them back with a warning, but I wish that they would. But I hope that they do check in on you from time to time, and check each and every account for the telltale signs of botting every few days til they catch you and then ban you for good.
    Trey and complexication like this.
  9. Hendar2 Augur

Oh, but *we* don't. Do tell! I sense a good story here. /popcorn.
  10. Osgz Lorekeeper

Im with this guy i want to know too ;)
  11. Elkay Augur

12. Steampunk Augur

And I was feeling sorry and sympathetic for the guy..... Where's Paul Harvey when you need to hear the rest of the story?
  13. Voodu_The_Ogre New Member

You really don't, I do just fine without boxing (nothing against boxers, but the game has tons of people to meet, make friends with, an help each other out). Eventually each day you log on, your friends will be waiting for you to see what the next camp/adventure for that day is. You grow stronger, your friends grow stronger and are able to tackle tougher targets, and get better gear. Seriously this has to be more fun than playing by yourself? Everyone is different tho, but for me this has worked quite well. Hope you find enjoyment, an meet your goals either way.
    Maxe and complexication like this.
  14. SpamFactory Augur

haven't read the whole thread but making several accounts and same credit card charges in a short timeframes kicks in some sort of anti fraud prevention. Had same thing happen to me last year. petitioning sorted it out.
  15. Kravitz Augur

Why would you even bother hoping? DGC made $360 bucks of him for 1 month of subbing, regardless if his account was suspended for a few days. The aren't going to ban anyone unless its a very serious offense and want you to come back and spend your dollars with them, whether you are a hacker using 3rd party software, DGC met their bottom line.

They haven't changed their social policy in 15 years why would you start hoping now, they are a for-profit business, they'll try to make $$ any way possible, even if it means you have to live with hackers on your server. Stop being silly.
    Agrippa likes this.
  16. Aghinem Augur

If a GM starts following you around, its probably because you or your friend did something that their anti-cheating software detected. With the level of scrutiny that has been going on with huge box / bot teams permcamping locations to create a monopoly on items which is unfair to a lot of people - you bet there is going to be some watchful eyes up above, and if you do anything that is considered out of the norm - prepare for the boot.
    complexication likes this.
  17. XTheMountainX Journeyman

Don't feel bad for OP. He's a pretty terrible person. I'm sure that he will be the type of 6 box that everybody hates. There is actually a nice thread about him on red guides. Check Holly's twitter feed to verify that it is indeed him
  18. Lejaun Augur

Weird. I play a rogue, casually I might add, which is one of the most group-needy classes out there. Our key skill, backstab, is very ineffective without a group. Strangely enough, I've found myself doing alright as a single character and account. Nothing is going to be handed to you for free. You have to be willing to find groups and meet people.

You found 6-boxers so disgusting that you had to do it yourself? Seems like an easy way out. It seems odd to want to play on a TLP server, but then box six characters. If you aren't grouping with others, you might as well just play on any other server in the game.
  19. Tulgin Augur

Can you post a link?
  20. NoType Journeyman

@Xthemountain nice to see you tried to do some homework on me. Even funnier that half of Faceless Guild RMT's. I won't bring out the screenshots just yet, but I DO have them. I have never RMT'd on this server and never plan on it. I enjoy having a bot army because I myself have lost camps to mage armies. So one day I got tired and made my own. My roommate also (who shares the same ip) has an army as well. Just because we box, doesn't mean we are selling goods. We enjoy the game and enjoy boxing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.