The toxic environment is caused by...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Uumdano, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uumdano Augur

Sounds like someone with something to lose to me, they always resort to low life tactics instead of actively and positively participating in the conversation.
  2. RainbowTest Augur

There is a pretty healthy krono market on FV that was driving their sales up before the TLP servers. I suspect a good majority of the kronos that have been consumed in the last 2 months were "stale" kronos from FV stockpiles as people jumped ship for these two servers. Before the TLP's thats where the RMT'ers were with a small faction being on trakanon due to the free xfer off policy that was inplace for selling accounts.
  3. Uumdano Augur

So we know that there is always lots of upfront paid time floating around, I too have used some krono from Vox. Still consider spending plat to buy kronos on Vox for use on LJ.

And apparently the decision to pull the pnp was last minute? So if they are serious about continuing this franchise and not fleecing it, they should revisit this decision especially in light of the double standard being set w/ enforced raid rotations.
  4. Numiko Augur

to me it was created by people who do not care one iota about actually playing everquest and just see these servers as a way to make a quick buck though purchasing super cheap krono (compared to live servers or other daybreak games) with easy to get gear they can farm 24/7.

As soon as the cheap krono dry up, they will be gone.
  5. Uumdano Augur

Do you think these rmt folk would be as successful as they are w/o the aid of 3rd party emulating software?

If I were once again to don my tin foil hat, I would be asking myself exactly how far does the relationship extend between DBG/SOE and iserboxer. Would it not be ironic and hypocritical (I see a theme here) if it was SOE/DBG behind the 3rd party software all along? They could be selling the kronos more than once...

Would explain where there is no man power to affect positive change, they are all too busy mage army farming kronos to resell?

Lol. ^conjecture and not to be taken too seriously^
  6. code-zero Augur

It's caused by the clash of cultures between people who (falsely) believed that they'd be able to come back after being quitters before, take their time, "savor" the journey, screw around in PUG's encountering people who find personal validation in getting to the end as fast as possible, monopolizing content and rubbing the first groups face in it.

There are of course those who technically belong to the second group who were just a little bit behind and of course they're violently upset with being shut out.

There's a larger group however who are apparently playing, enjoying themselves, not too concerned about who's on top or whether they get to hang around for hours in a single "camp" savoring the experience. this last don't care about boxers and sell Kronos so they can pursue their own goals that don't fit in someone elses fantasy of Classic.

So in the end the true cause of all the "problems" are people who are enjoying the game at their own speed and not too worried about all the drama
    rune00 likes this.
  7. rune00 Augur

"blame the third party tools!"

I cant wait for the no box server to go live with the third party tools being disabled by their devs (for that server) (yes it will happen.) (yes I do know that for sure) cause then finally we might not see more threads like this... or maybe people will find other things to blame...
  8. Uumdano Augur

If they do not institute a pnp, there is the very real possibility that there will be plenty of things to complain about, much of the same that is being complained about today.

CZ you lost me with that last sentence, all the problems are caused by the segment of the population that least affects the rest? Not sure I understand or follow.
  9. code-zero Augur

BTW there is a PnP

Check Section 1.1
    The last group boxes casually and sells Krono's thus causing what many want to blame for all the TLP problems. In fact the whole anti-boxing thing is so bad now and so vocal that they're going to make the no-box server!

Of course if a large segment of group 2 want to head there, form a guild, and monopolize the end game and all decent content then nothing at all can stop them
  10. Numiko Augur

I would not blame 3rd party tools, as least not the legal ones, these people would just use the illegal ones.

They do not care if an account or a dozen get banned as any krono they earn is quickly shifted off onto a safe account and they can make new ones quickly, saying that I would not be surprised if these sorts did not have hundreds of pre made accounts ready to go just in case.
    Uumdano likes this.
  11. RadarX Augur

As this does not seem to have gone in a very constructive direction, let's go ahead and close it before it gets too much worse.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.