Question to DBG - will mobs be re-nerfed later?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Weebles, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Weebles Augur

Would like a response on this. Will these ridiculously overtuned mobs be restored to original difficulty later down the road so that people who don't enjoy zerging with 72 people can kill them?
  2. EQ1999 Elder

Sky needs more than 72 @ bees
  3. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Modest Man killed it with 60ish. Can be done...
  4. Steampunk Augur

Yes, all mobs will be nerfed later, some day, in some way, eventually.
  5. EQ1999 Elder

I was referring to a balanced raid, not 40+ mages
  6. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

Uhhh how do you think other people are killing it right now? People are bringing over 100 people to the raid, and quite a few are mages.
  7. Asheran Augur

http://www.modestman.club/uncategorized/queen-bee-downed-by-a-modest-raid-force/

Not sure exactly how many mages we had, but it was likely fewer than most of the other guilds that have killed her. It was lower than 40 for sure.

That fight isn't easy, even using mages. We spent over an hour prepping (even left the bee before the Queen up for part of the time we were getting ready, to buy some time), and executed our strategy perfectly. It was intense.
    Kobra likes this.
  8. Weebles Augur

How can you say this with confidence?
  9. Tudadar Augur

I think they will stay the same other then possible some anti mage pet tuning. I expect the harder versions on new progression servers also.
  10. Steampunk Augur

That was a poor attempt at humor. Sorry to disappoint.
  11. Weebles Augur

Bumping in hopes of an official response.
  12. Lifetap Augur

the difficulty of raid bosses was tweaked downward after the buff.

The buff was put in place because the game is not the same as it was in classic and the difficulty was nonexistent.

Example:
    naggy/vox/ct/inny dying in ~7 seconds.

The buff increased their hp/damage and reduced pet effectiveness. Some of the buffs were a bit overboard and those encounters were tuned downward.

If you want the classic 32k hitpoint raid targets, it's not going to happen. However, they did say that the buffs would not be on ALL raid targets, only up to PoP raid targets if I remember correctly.
  13. squidgod Augur

Yep. Just bring enough melee DPS.
  14. Weebles Augur

Are these mobs dying in 7 seconds because characters are more powerful or because we have more knowledge, bigger raids, and giant box armies. I'd say it's a little of both, but definitely more of the latter.

My fondest memories were in the PoP era, 1 and 2 grouping Velious/Luclin content. It's kind of a bummer to think that won't be possible this time around. I don't have an issue with it being difficult IN ERA, but there's no reason to keep it that way several xpacs down the road. Some of us enjoy the quality over quantity style of gameplay. I don't see what harm it would do to renerf plane of sky once velious hits, for instance. The gods/dragons are already mostly trivial, and once Velious rolls around even more so. Just my opinion.
  15. Pinto_Bean Augur

Nah it is because the damage of players is significantly higher! There is the factor that raids are bigger but not all raids are bigger than they were back in the day. Tactics don't come into play either because back in the day, people had the exact same tactics and the fights were never that short. Even before kunark and just into kunark, people were regularly in fear of vox CHealing and even with 30 modern characters at a Vox raid on these servers, noone was in fear of her CHealing.
  16. Pinto_Bean Augur

Lol someone replied to this message months later. I saw this how intense and exciting your mage wall was. Made me laugh a little bit so thought I would bring it up how exciting the mage walling was. I wonder how exciting it will be after Wednesday.
  17. lockjaws Augur

Remember that raids were not around until Planes of Power -- before it was a bunch of individual groups using guild chat, ooc, shout as their communication.
    Also, many things like weapon proc augments did not exist.
  18. Pinto_Bean Augur

No idea what kind of server you were on but Raids were a thing before a raid window even existed on my server.
  19. lockjaws Augur

Gee, really? But the easy formation and consolidation of groups was not. Go back and re-read what I typed before replying again, thanks. ;)
  20. Tubben Elder