Too much boxer hate.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kalanec, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalanec New Member

The hatred against the boxers on ragefire is out of control.

First off, in defense of boxing who have to suffer from random acts and /tells of hatred,
    boxers,

do no harm for the most part. If a group of boxer's has a camp, you have the option of picking another instances or moving to another camp.

There are a minority of boxers, like players or guilds, who do kill-steal and train etc. Most do not.

Boxing is actually a more challenging play style. I think psychologically, seeing someone play multiple characters at once make people feel inferior.

From experience I noticed hatred everywhere against boxers.

Personally I 6 box (and I'm not saying that I'm great at it),
    and have encountered almost daily, someone sending me a random tell full of anger, and a few instances of a player simply training me without any reason other than hating the fact that I'm playing 5 mages at once.

I haven't encountered this type of anger In a long time playing games.

For the most part, i don't understand the mentality of calling out players for boxing, or even hacking.
    Hacking I don't know much about though I feel that if a player has the skills to accomplish something like that, they should able to collect rewards for their efforts and skill.

It's not affecting anyone else s game play, most of the time, as there's no player vs player combat or competition. The gain is their own characters personal power.

That's all i have.

*runs very fast*
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

3. Hateseeker Augur

It's not about boxing, it's about the third party programs that remove balance from the equation and permit boxers to control massive amounts of characters per player with no check/balance. But people who use those programs have gotten so used to it being allowed and entitled that they can't see the difference.

A no boxing server will harm the people who just want to 2-box to have tank/healer, healer/slower, tank/slower, etc to make sure there is no delay in forming capable groups. For many, it's an acceptable tradeoff.
  4. Finchy Augur

yeah, everyday i understand more and more why the "i hate boxers" continues to grow.

player: I hate you boxer guy
    boxer: why, i didn't do anything?
    player: you use software, you suck go away
    boxer: i'm not bothering anyone...just killing mind my business.
    player: F you you PoS
    Boxer: well since you feel that's what i am, let me go ahead and be one...

boxer non stop dps races player as the player fills ooc with ignorant comments about the boxer. other people hear about this boxer being an and now has a bad name. This spirals into forum posts about said boxer, only causing more players to act as the one above did.

granted, this isn't every situation, but honestly...i've experienced this situation at least 7 times in the last 4 days. Here and there i will feel nice and even help someone out, and minutes later someone else sees me going about my business and boom the fight starts for no reason.

ok i've said my peace, time for the anti-3rd part software people to throw out random ignorant comments about the situation I mentioned above.
  5. taliefer Augur

i was farming bone chips in Paineel on my necro today, and someone thought i was the mage crews. who werent attacking anything. yes, i controlled a mage bot farm crew, but turned them off when i was obviously not afk cause the dude talked to me the whole time. i was mildly amused
  6. Aryabear Lorekeeper

I had a guy train me today constantly apparently because I had more than one mage and was at a camp. I've never KSed/ trained in all my time on this server, but if that's how people want to play, i may turn over a new leaf.
  7. Druz Augur

I box, I love it. It allows me and my friends to do things without any of us being forced to "main" a healer, or an enchanter. But if you don't understand where the hate comes from you just need to open your eyes. In 1999 when I wanted a group I walked into Lguk and said "Rogue LFG!" and someone needed me, or they put me on a waiting list to join their group. Now in 2015 I walk into Lguk and Lord/AM is camped by boxes in 8 out of 8 instances of the zone, they'll never need me... so my best course of action is to level up so boxes and also play by myself.

In many ways boxing detracts from the sense of community we used to have. Most social interactions were pleasant because you used to need a lot of help so you'd work to build bridges. Now players burn bridges left and right because they don't need anyone.
    Vildayve likes this.
  8. Falconii New Member

Depends on how you are doing it. If you are 6 boxing on multiple PCs each with its own KB/mouse, with 6 different classes, then I applaud you (I used to do it myself). If you are 6 boxing on one PC using 3rd party software to hit the same keys on a mage army then you are kidding yourself. You only demonstrate a lack of skill in this game.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  9. Aryabear Lorekeeper

. Boxing on 6 pcs with with 6 mouses isn't skillful, it's idiotic.
    Steampunk likes this.
  10. MMOer Augur

I do both...

I single play my main and 3 box my alts.

havnt had any issue with boxes on either really.

Have had TONS of aggression and problems from single players and groups on my box. They totally disregard me as a person or player. The only thing that keeps them in check is the fear that you can out dps them if you so choose.
  11. Jaime Lannister Augur

I got a lot of the rage/hate/trains at the lower levels as I 6 boxed my initial group, but I really don't experience it often these days. I'm even TL which comes with its own variety of the hate.

Honestly most people I come across treat me just fine when I'm 8 boxing. I'm polite and respectful, and generally others are as well.

I spend a lot of time in PoHate lately and I'm not even having issues up there where people tend to get really heated.

Then again I'm quick to buff/rez people at no charge

That's in game though. On the forums that hate is sooo strong. But that's how game forums always are. Just like comment cards at restaurants generally tend to be negative. Happy people tend not to take the time to post/comment, while angry folk want a place to vent/be heard.
  12. RadarX Augur

We're still not at a point where boxer vs anti-boxer discussion is going to end in anything less than a smoking crater filled with corpses. Until that day comes, let's please focus on discussions that can benefit both the team and the community.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.