Transfer Day - Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by King Dedede, Jul 29, 2015.

1. King Dedede Elder

2. Dikkan New Member

Not sure who would WANT to transfer to LJ with all the nonsense going on right now.

*tinfoil hat* Maybe this happened right before transfers because the RMTs saw the writing on the wall of how many people were leaving Ragefire. Their income source would be moving! Accidentally wreck the other server so people do not move and maybe some LJ people move to RF. More RMT income!
    *takes off hat* :p
  3. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

With any luck the good players on LJ will bring over some nice copies of KEI for us.
  4. Lokomotiva Elder

I was/am planning on making the hop to LJ tomorrow...but it's starting to sound more like making a swandive off a skyscraper onto the road below. People are worried to even log on over there now because of rollbacks (or lack thereof) and being unsure if they're wasting their time online.
  5. King Dedede Elder

I saw this from another thread:
    PrathunEQ
    It's a tad confusing for sure. As of now aren't all the issues cleared up and it's rolling like normal?
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

^^^^
    Loosely translated we have no clue on what happened and are hoping we caught everything...
  7. Dikkan New Member

Nah. I think they know exactly what happened. Someone made a big "oh $(&@!" internally.

They just had no plan in place to handle something like this and floundered to get it fixed quickly. No plan = going to miss some things.
  8. taliefer Augur

the transfers are both ways. meaning if there are any out of era stuff, some of it will assuredly transfer to rage as well.

its really not a reason to avoid transferring to lockjaw if that was your plan before all this happened
  9. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

So came the raging hordes ...
  10. Lokomotiva Elder

I'm not worried about being behind some people due to Defiant gear or certain spells on LJ... I'm hesitant because some of these people lost 3 days worth of gametime at the drop of the hat, and who knows for certain DBG is done rolling back? Just makes me nerdvous
  11. Baldur Augur

There was a tweet from Holly that implied that a server crash corrupted a file and that's what caused the issue. My guess is the current expansion for the server was stored in that file, when it couldn't be read the default was the current live expansion.
  12. taliefer Augur

freaking twitter. is it really too much to ask for that info to be put on their own forums?~
    Mezrah, Grish and rosetone like this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Implied should not even enter into things, this is not metaphyics things either are or are not true.

Hmmm you know in all the years I was in IT if a file was corrupted and a designated exact copy could not be read then human intervention was always required. There is a reason for this.

"Cant read the proper file well then load this one then" would be about the silliest of explanations.
    Either:
    A) They have no clue. (This is of course always temporary as it always returns until someone figures it out)

B) They know and aint telling (the close ranks mindset).

C) Intentional on someone's part.
    (I would not put much stock in C but its a strange world.)

That's pretty much it and doesn't take a Masters in CS to know it just a few decades in the business.
  14. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

15. Azzudien Augur

I think you will see more transfers Lockjaw to Ragefire then you will see from Ragefire to Lockjaw.
    Lockjaw is a mess currently and is stuck without Kunark for a long long time.
    Ragefire implemented raid rotations, healthier population, does not have out of era items (until tomorrow), Kunark coming soon, and is not looking at weeks on end of players trying to recovery items lost in the rollback.

People talk about everyone moving to Lockjaw, but I have heard more talk about Lockjaw moving to Ragefire because people want Kunark and raid rotations make Ragefire a much less scary place now.
  16. King Dedede Elder

If it happened on LJ, I bet it could happen on RF too. I still plan on switching over, unless something new develops. 6 month locks are just more my play style.
  17. Lokomotiva Elder

Good call. I'll be on LJ tomorrow. Just gotta hope they remedy the situation enough that the server stays active and healthy. Those going to RF have a lot more to worry about than the raiding scene being on lock down...the zones are generally drama as well. Best of luck to everyone either way
  18. Wispur Elder

Let's break this down.

This would be the exact opposite of everything said on the forums and ingame.

No it's not.
    There are some people who lost experience and items due to a mistake DBG made, but anyone transferring over would be just fine. ...and if there is a fear of it happening again, well, that could happen just as easily on Ragefire.

No it's not.
    Kunark is right around the corner. Only a few months away. Sure, it's not gonna be as fast as Ragefire, but a couple months is no time at all for people busy with families and work.

So has Lockjaw.

That could change in a few days. If Lockjaw doesn't grow larger than Ragefire, it'll at least be much closer than now.

Neither does Lockjaw now that it's been cleaned up.

Which is a downside for many people who want to relive the game as it used to be, ie at least a little time between expansions.

Which wouldn't affect transferring players at all.

I've heard the opposite.
    Dungeoness, Fallfyres and Jezzie like this.
  19. Zublak Augur

Guys... I hate to break it to ya, but this is possible on RF too. We've had more rollbacks than LJ so far. Yes their's was bigger, but doesn't mean it can't happen on RF. I wouldn't let that hinder your decision making on transfers to/from either server. happens.
  20. King Dedede Elder

Can anyone answer my original few questions? :) Much appreciated.