Is DBG actually restoring lost items due to rollback via petition?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhutuak, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

I certainly do care. How can I have your stuff if you don't ever log back in?
    Steampunk likes this.
  2. Uumdano Augur

So many tools this game has attracted, thanks for reminding me of another reason. Toxic environments seems to only attract the basest of the player base.

Go earn your own stuff you mooch.
  3. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

It was clearly a joke, bro. :p And what out of era items? Can you point to a specific example that is still in game?
  4. Uumdano Augur

It did not come off as such. As far as out of era stuff I can not say for certain as I have only logged in to check to see if a friend was online. There are posts here claiming it is happening, I have little reason to doubt these folks, they have nothing to gain except perhaps salvaging what they signed up for.

I signed up to tweet Holly about the raid rotation being extended to the rest of the player base in the form of a pnp and saw this tweet from her.

5. Warzon Elder

Can confirm items were returned. Not everything, but many things.
  6. RainbowTest Augur

This rollback was entirely different than the rollbacks we all experience after a server crash. It was multiple days on some people and nothing on others and it resulted in a majorly screwed up economy due to items missing and plat being spent.
  7. Steampunk Augur

I doubt that is entirely true. I don't know you, other than from your posts, and I haven't really agreed with most of them, but that is beside the point. At some time, you obviously enjoyed this game, just like I do. I hope, for your sake, that you are able to find that within you again. On the other hand, if you truly find that you no longer enjoy playing this game at all, you are probably better off searching for something else to do. Either way, I hope you find what brings you peace and enjoyment.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  8. Katmandu26 Augur

9. Uumdano Augur

Thanks for the positive post, I am glad they are moving in the right direction.
  10. Drexll Augur

Clickwrap EULAs have sometimes been struck down. One ruling stated that the EULA's terms were "unconscionable, therefore unenforcable" A case could be made.
  11. Drexll Augur

Fair enough, I'm just pointing out that "having the law on your side" wasn't entirely true.
  12. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

The bard from faceless, who looted his kedge backbone 1 minute after i looted kedge robe, already got his item back.
    And i still wait and pray :)
  13. kythik Lorekeeper

I'm still waiting as well. Not even a staff response on my ticket as of yet.
  14. Croak Augur

The help Twitter account keeps insisting they deal with ticket numbers in the order they are received.

The number system is pretty simple

150727-000835

The first number is the date, the second number is the ticket number, and it seems to be across all games.

So I am 835 in the queue of tickets 27th July 2015

My ticket was posted 07/27/2015 08:31 PM (the time in the email response, not my timezone)

That was 2 hours after servers came back up based on Holly's tweets

Anyone been dealt with who had a later (higher) ticket number?

I know my case is more complicated involving 100s of items on 4 accounts, though they also have an easy solution, just restore the toons at the time (or just before) things were taken down.
  15. uk6999 Augur

I got a response last night from Elidroth(spelling) he/she was very nice but you could tell they were exhausted from the tickets. My ticket number was 150727-000886. I sit idle in a zone for multiple hours each day hoping they would get to me. I got back almost everything. In the end I was really just short some replaceable loot and 1kpp from selling stuff. It looks like they dont reimburse PP or XP.

Croak/All a couple of things I Learned about the process.

- You need to be logged in to get your items back. The GM manually traded me the items.
    - GMs seem to work a PDT schedule were on roughly 830/PDT-630/PDT during the day.
  16. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Mine is 150727-000830 :)
  17. Glacial New Member

My number is 150727-000639 and still have heard nothing.
  18. uk6999 Augur

Are you guys still waiting actively logged into the game during the day?
  19. Croak Augur

I am certainly less motivated but have taken some alts up to lv19 or so this week, and for instance was online when Elidroth was talking about EQNext in general... which considering I am in Europe was really late for me.
    I have had 1 of the affected toons logged in just for buffs but not doing anything constructive on any of them, no trading anything etc.
  20. uk6999 Augur

Yea, i was playing eq ii while my necro was FD in commonlands. Good luck man. I know what it feels like.