Question about Lockjaw's current situation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hedgehog734, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Elkay Augur

Scary that it's now after 3PM their time and still not a word. Very unprofessional.
    rick likes this.
  2. rick Augur

NOW i ask a question..

WHY the panic roll back as they NOW know that they didn't FIX the problems ...

WHY the 2 times XP for 2 days during the week that weren't affected (some of us play only on weekends and it seems that it was Saturday night, Sunday and Monday days that were seriously impacted on at least my account) ..

@ times XP should have been starting 6:30 or so Saturday and ending 48 hours later SO the actual period and times were more likely fixed OR better yet xp POTs given to characters affected THAT couldn't be sold or traded BUT also had a timer attached that would despawn (means they won't save them till they hit 48 to speed through to end)

it seems someone panicked and rather than taking a deep breath and then deciding or taken a deep breath and asked for help just decided to reset.. and the reset WAS a long time in the past ..

IT was obviously onlly affecting the monday day period to 7pm (I started at 6:60pm soloing fine .. 7pm I seemed to LD as chat was no longer updating.. /q to save my life .. log in to be handed the stupid adventure book or whatever it is called .. tried to claim items when it prompted me to .. openned first box to find defiant gear which WAS wrong .. I camped immediately .. servers locked I log back in my characters are reset .. skills reset .. PP missing (as well as probably gear that I was hording though as a pack rat can't be sure what I put in there some lost revenue potential BUT i could live with it I guess)

bottom line it seemed anyone EVEN with the potential of having exploited this issue with malicious intent were treated as if they had done so regardless..

I think the server is never going to be completely corrected as someone brought up the issue of buying bone chips and then after selling them for huge returns as the server now sits and bone chips are not a "era" item just that you could buy them later on and how many other items you could get like this that you can't buy in early eras but already existed as drops (like the ghoulbane quest another mentioned).

I came back 14 or 15 days ago and spent a bit of RL money to get started out without some of the early end nightmares of scrambling for pocket change so a complete wipe would remove anything actually spent UNLESS they give back said items and I know the accounts would squirm at even the w o rd being mentioned on the same continent
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This or turn LJ into a 50/51 server and launch a fresh 6 month release server.
  4. Sinzz Augur

question is do folks carry on or wait till a response that nothing else will be done to server?
  5. Katmandu26 Augur

I'd wait it out, personally. It might lead to more grief to try to play right now.
  6. Barathrum Augur

Ragefire never has problems
  7. Steampunk Augur

It was in the MOTD.
  8. Lyrical Augur

That is the problem right there. DBG is saying nothing. Either 1) they leave it as is and the entire premise in the slow evolving classic server is destroyed with out of era items and spells left in game. While screwing a large portion of the players with lost xp items and plat. OR 2) They fix it correctly and roll the whole server back to just before the problem began, and that means now screwing all the folks who have been playing since the server came back up.

Many like me are not playing until DBG says something. Because I dont want to waste further time waiting for a rollback to fix the server for real. And many continue to play at great risk of loss of time if there is a real rollback because DBG says nothing.

This mistake will be amplified now not matter what happens all due to the lack of someone in authority saying or doing something that let players know that they understand wtf they are doing, or not doing.
  9. Steampunk Augur

I agree with everything you said, except one thing. If anybody lost any amount of "work", you are doing it wrong. You should be playing this game for enjoyment. Losing the progress you gained during a certain period due to a rollback is certainly frustrating, but you didn't lose anything of real value. The enjoyment you gained should still be there, plus you can have it all over again. (And please don't bring up Kronos, because you really won't appreciate my opinion of people who purchase imaginary currency with real money and then complain when something happens to it.)

But, yes, people are frustrated. People do need to know what is happening. But if you are treating this as more than a game for entertainment, and it looks and sounds as if a lot of people are, then they seriously need to re-examine their priorities.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Players would have to HAVE out of era items/spells to be able to transfer with them. After the roll back yesterday, these don't exist.

There was an issue with Lockjaw, where the server 'forgot' it was a progression server.

We've fixed this bug. We rolled back the server. This affected characters in different ways based on how the bug affected each character. Some characters were rolled back further than others.

Double XP is now active on Lockjaw until Weds, July 29 at 6:30PM PDT. We'll have additional information in another post today about item restores for things that people are still missing.

There are no plans for another rollback.

This doesn't affect our plan for server transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw, and this is still true: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-lockjaw-server-transfers-coming-soon.225006
  11. Zhutuak Augur

Editing because this post landed below roshen.

I am hoping there is good news Roshen on the item restore front. I have not put a petition in as I have been hoping for a more official declaration other than Holly`s tweet.

Will you comment on whether or not dbg plans to extend any sort of pnp to the rest of the player base or is that going to only be reserved for the raiders?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-the-board-or-have-two-policies.225399/page-2

Sorry for the hijack, I think this is important and needs to be addressed.
  12. XTheMountainX Journeyman

If out of era spells/items don't exist, then why have a MOTD that says otherwise?

What about dupes using the shared bank exploit, have those been identified and rectified?
  13. Steampunk Augur

At the same time that you were finding this funny, Roshen was actually responding. You probably won't like any or all of his response, but he made one just the same. Now that is what I find funny.
  14. Zhutuak Augur

And addressed and edited in my post, thanks for looking out.
  15. Croak Augur

There are out of era items
    There are out of era spells
    The integrity and reconciliation of any transaction over the last 3 days is impossible
    Some people were rolled back to Friday who didn't even log in, or didn't loot/buy/trade anything
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

Based on player reports, we started investigating this this morning. At that time, the team updated the MOTD.

If you have evidence of people with items and spells that they shouldn't, please report them to us directly. While we want to continue to be throughout, we have no reason to believe that out of era items and spells exist on Lockjaw.
  17. Roshen Brand Manager

If you have evidence of this, please pass it over to me.

If you "heard of this one guy that has this one spell, and buffed this one guy with something he shouldn't have," but didn't actually see the person, the spell, or the buff.. please don't pass that info over to me. ^_^
    Silv and Steampunk like this.
  18. Steampunk Augur

This is an actual, honest question. Have you actually seen proof of these shared bank exploit dupes, or have you just heard other people talking about somebody who said it happened. I'm only asking because I haven't seen anybody admit it actually happened to them, not saying that it couldn't or didn't happen.
  19. Steampunk Augur

Roshen, get out of my head!
  20. Jarith Lorekeeper

Roshen:
    If we can't play during the double xp bonus time, are we pretty much SOL on levels lost?

Going from 42->35 after putting in a bunch of hours on the weekend was a pretty painful hit, more so than the 2000 plat lost. I work for the vast majority of the double xp time. While I sent in a petition, I'd like to know if I have a chance of any of that being restored or if the policy is going to be more of "sorry but no".
    rick likes this.