How old is to old....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Disconnected, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Disconnected New Member

To recover an account? I was looking to get back into EQ for nostalgic reasons. However it hasn't been active since about 2000. Also noticed the server Quellious was no longer around. How boned do I seem to be on seeing those toons again?
  2. Atradees New Member

Quellios merged with Povar. You're character should still be on there, I'm not sure how far back they kept accounts or if they ever deleted them, sorry I can't be of more help!

Oh yea one more thing that may help... https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37735

You might have already tried that but if not that's the place to start!
  3. Leex Pewpewer

I think if your character is over lv10 it's going to always be saved..iirc!

I would petition and see if they can locate the character or at least figure out what happened to it..

Honestly it would be easier to just reroll more then likely.
  4. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

I tried but didn't have my aol email from that far back.
  5. Disconnected New Member

Yea Im pretty much in the same boat not knowing my aol email either. ( how funny is it that aol is still used, yikes ) I have submitted a ticket, just waiting for a response. Only info I have about my old account is character names, bits and pieces of billing info, and maybe the account name. Been a long time though, and many games in between. Whats leveling like now? Same or have they drastically made it easier?
  6. Picaresque Augur

Drastically easier.

You can get from zero to 50 in less time than it took to get to 10 back then. If you are all access, then you hire a J1 tank merc and head out. You can pause to do some quests or just straight out level. Many people advise the tutorial for returning players. When you decide to leave, you can progress:

to 18 in Crescent Reach
    to 32 in Blightfire Moors (treants by the camp and the Moonwhiskers rats north of the crater)
    to 36-37 in Dawnshroud Peaks Hotzone or my favorite, in the spider cave in the Mesa (next zone north)
    to 50-51 in Burning Woods

I would start the daily Teek (PoK by Guild Hall) stuff in either DSP or BW. Also, if you claim your /veteranrewards on the character, you can add Lesson of the Devoted once every 20 hours for double experience. In those zones, the xp will fly by.

Have fun.
  7. Disconnected New Member

Wow, made it THAT much faster? Well, suppose it makes sense. If I hit a dead end then suppose it wouldn't kill me to re-lvl. Sounds like the world has changed a good bit. Hell last time I played you went to the common lands tunnel to sell items. Not so much the case from what I see anymore.
  8. Gialana Augur

You should probably still try to recover your old account. There should be veteran rewards waiting for you on that account that wouldn't be available on a new account.
  9. Disconnected New Member

Im hoping I can get the old account. Would love to see my druid and necro again.
  10. Locustic New Member

I have an account almost the same age, was able to get it back fairly easily.
    I created a new site account, got into the support chat, and after a few questions I got my old account back.
    All in all it took less than half an hour.
    Disconnected likes this.
  11. Disconnected New Member

Thats reassuring. I sent in a ticket yesterday and have not been contacted yet aside from the auto response.