The definition of irony and hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TarewMarrForever, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

1) Lockjaw players *freak out* over loss of 24 to 48 hours of work.

2) Many of the same Lockjaw players several weeks back told us Ragefire players to REROLL if we wanted to play on Lockjaw.... "NO TRANSFERS FOR YOU!!!". You *begged* DBG to not allow us to transfer, and to FORCE us to reroll!!!

I just find it funny... ;-)

I sympathize, I really do. This sounds like it was handled horribly. The rollback that is.

But I just find it incredibly ironical how many people are threatening to "rage quit" over a day or two of losses, when *at least* two of those same people told ust to reroll and lose *SEVEN WEEKS* of work in the process.

Too rich!
  2. Lateryn Augur

Big difference between someone choosing to want to play on a different server after already playing on one and DBG making a newbie mistake including LJ with a Live Event update, which only lasted about 10 minutes and from that they roll back characters randomly , with some getting none at all, others losing 1-3 days of work/loot.
    Aryabear likes this.
  3. SebastianTheIbis Lorekeeper

Yeah, that is kinda funny actually. :)
    Simone likes this.
  4. Kesdrael New Member

The sad thing is it could have happened to ragefire or lockjaw. Such a rookie mistake.

Test test and test again before prod
  5. TarewMarrForever Augur

You are of course right Lateryn, there is a big difference.

You know what else is also a BIG difference???

48 hours and 7 weeks!!!!

That's a bigger difference.

;-)

No sense in beating a dead horse, but many RFers do not consider it a *choice* to move to LJ. It is a necessity, in order for us to play on the ruleset that:

1) We were told we would be using before the server went live
    2) We voted for. Twice.

From our shoes, a loss is a loss. Not being able to transfer our toons would have been just as if they had been deleted, because starting over without a transfer is starting over. It wasn't a matter of plat or Krono or NO DROP items. It was a matter of *time*. Time that would be lost.

And when *time* trumps all, 7 weeks > 48 hours!!!

So yes, while there is nothing funny about this situation (I am appalled by it in fact), I still believe that for a select few LJ posters here on this forum (and you know who you are), calling out the irony and hypocrisy of the situation is on point, and warranted.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

I wouldnt be too sure that transfer is going to work out all that well. Might want to let a few Leroys test the water first.

You were not going to lose anything, the char on RF would remain intact, nothing lost just not on the server you prefer. You could have moved after one week and choose not to do so.
    Anyone on LJ choose to be rolled back?
    sheesh
  7. Jezzie Augur

I understand your point and see the irony in it.
    The thing is that items were lost.
    Those items could of been traded for krono.
    Some people just lost 6+months worth of subscription.
    That's not so funny, so "rich" would be kicking them while they're down.
  8. Finchy Augur

DBG is reimbursing items to players who lost things...on RF on our crashes our rollbacks that resulted in lost items were not returned...
    Simone likes this.
  9. Jarith Lorekeeper

I haven't really been familiar with the RF crashes/rollbacks. If the server crashes before a save then they might have no record of that item. So there is no log to check to see if it is a legitimate request. That certainly sucks but not much they can do. Or if it crashes and the database is corrupted to an non-restorable state then they'd have to restore to a previous backup.

For Lockjaw they would have all the saved data as they shut down the server manually and could check for who had what. In fact I believe they had an earlier restore due to a crash earlier that day/previous night (depending on your TZ). Instead of rolling back to that previous save state they instead did something else that both had a bunch of false positives and negatives (people being rolled back further than they should have, people keeping items that they shouldn't have).

Now they're in a position of just letting the server continue with it not being quite right, do another rollback (which would remove all of last night's and today's progress), or selectively restore items/characters and remove items that shouldn't be present. So from a player's standpoint until DBG states what is going to happen the persistence of today's or even this week's gaming is in question.
  10. dreama121 Journeyman

To be fair ragefire never had a rollback this bad, the most was a few hours not days.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Finchy Augur

doesn't really matter...lost time/items is lost time/items....LJ has a chance to get stuff back, RF hasn't had this available on crashes/rollbacks.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Jezzie Augur

I feel bad for those on Ragefire that got screwed by a rollback, but I'm not the one mocking people!
    I just find the OP to be distasteful under the current set of circumstances.
  13. Rhiyannon Augur

nor did we get double xp for crashing daily, usually several times a day for weeks and weeks...
    Simone likes this.
  14. Finchy Augur

not distasteful...more just pokin fun and a bad situation...
  15. Zhutuak Augur

Hypocrisy and double standards know no bounds.
  16. Drathstar New Member

Where is this posted by a dev, and how to I get my stuff back? All the petition responses I've seen have been automated and ignored.
  17. Finchy Augur

I haven't seen a post about it. I heard mention of Holly saying something about if you are missing items to contact CS. Also know quite a few people who's items have been returned.
  18. Jezzie Augur

Well, if somebody pokes fun at people threatening to quit, maybe that will make their decision easier.
    If they quit and EQ loses subs, maybe EQ will sunset sooner.
    Then there's no game left for anybody!
    That "would" be ironic.
    Hythos and Rhiyannon like this.
  19. Zhutuak Augur

Sure would be nice to have some first hand testimonials, this would give me incentive to post a recruitment thread here for an open raid channel to compete with these entitled folk in the raid scene.
  20. Finchy Augur