Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Greymere Augur

Definitely has more of an impact on Ragefire than on Lockjaw so those guilds wanting a faster progression server than Lockjaw can make choices that better suit their preferences, as long as it can be enforced, is DBG willing to take a hardline on repeated violations.

Also what impact does this have on the one player boxing 36 accounts, does that single player or two players boxing 18 accounts now get treated to the same place in a rotation as a guild of 54+ players, will DBG stance be that rotations are reserved for guilds made up of majority non boxed players? Bring more than 50% boxed accounts and you aren't adhereing to the rotation?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Marthisdil Augur

Oh sure - back in the day, Prexus has a raid calendar for Fear/Hate/Sky and guilds could sign up for open days. There were a few rules, but it worked OK.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Are you guys kidding? Like have you lost your minds?

[IMG]

First you tell us the ruleset is "DPS Wins", then you double down on this confirming that the spirit of classic is all about competition. Now you want to go back on all of that and have us hold hands and sing kumbaya?

Apparently now being strategic just means showing up whenever you feel like it and asking the GMs to remove the competition from the zone.
    Machen likes this.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

^ this.

As stated in the full post, we want to believe you can work these types of things out.

If you can't work things out, the dev team is prepared to provide support in any extreme situations.
    Zieri and Elkay like this.
  5. Marthisdil Augur

That rotation was made with the old bosses. Not even the guilds on the current rotation could get ON that rotation with the current raid boss buffs...lol
    Jezzie likes this.
  6. AngryIksar New Member

I really dislike the current rotation on Lockjaw server. It is completely wasteful and one sided.

With the current rotation many mobs in POS (Plane of Sky) are left up six through twelve hours after they spawn. This happens five to six times a week.

As it stands Plane of sky is split up into 24 hour periods where 25-60% of spawns are wasted unless taken by someone outside of the rotation.. Creating less loot per month for the community is a waste and not in the best interests of anyone.

So in best interest of loot being prevalent enough to be easily attainable for everyone I please beg any GMs/guides to enforce all rotation mobs to go to FFA after 1 hour if they are not engaged!
    Vaclav likes this.
  7. Hexaholic Augur

So you (DBG), and EVEN YOURSELF, say that you want raiding to be a contention / competitive, yet, you don't want it to be that way anymore? What, did the baby guilds that don't want to leave their guildsi but, and can't maintain a raid force large enough to even kill current targets, fill your inbox up with their tears?

Why the sudden change of heart? You're going to take ALL of the competition of the raid scene out of it?
  8. MaestroM Augur

Leaving the office right now to resub.

This isn't exped, but its a step.
    Rhiyannon, Katmandu26 and Elkay like this.
  9. Marthisdil Augur

Define :"extreme" ? what about guilds that split off boxes to form other guilds to get into the rotation so they end up with more than their share still, etc?
  10. Coldhearted New Member

so you want to do a rotation on planes that you over buffed and ruined ? good thinking brah
  11. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Perhaps DBG have started to notice the number of cancelled subscriptions.

As for the enforced rotation, the devil is in the detail, and there is no detail in this post. It also needs to be stated that the people enforcing the rotation need to be a lot more consistent in their rulings than they were on Fippy / Vulak. An inconsistently enforced rotation is worthless.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Bufonidae Elder

I liked the system we had on the nameless back in the day, it's been a while so I'm sure I'm forgetting some details, but each guild had a turn at each raid target

*When it was your turn, you're guild had 24 hours to drop your target, if you failed it became FFA and the next guild in rotation was up next

*I believe if your guild wanted to join the rotation you just had to post on the old nameless message board, then you got a chance, BUT if you went 3 turns without dropping a raid mob, you lost your spot.

I think there was a tier system once kunark came out, I can't remember what you had to do to qualify though, might have been something like prove you can do the 5 old world targets before you got a turn at the kunark targets.
  13. chris_the_mage Augur

I am all for working with any guild on lockjaw, as I was one of the ones spearheading peace talks and the rotation discussion, mind you this was happening fairly early into the server at a time when <faceless guild> was getting 90% or more of all raid targets.

However, if there is going to be some sort of GM forced rotation, we need more information than what is provided. Also, if there is going to be a forced rotation you really need to consider eliminating variance, since it was originally designed to prevent guilds from blocking content from everyone else. With a GM forced rotation, nobody can block another guild from getting content, therefore making variance a waste of everyones time.

-Yawgmoth
    Officer of Faceless
    Zublak likes this.
  14. Elkay Augur

This is a valid question. Of course, I think DBG is going to say, "work it out among yourselves", but if that 1-person guild is able to take down the targets, then why should they not have a fair shot?

Note - I'm not saying a 24-box guild is morally in the right by taking a raid slot, but I'm just bringing this up now because you know it is going to come up in the debate.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Numiko Augur

I nominate Absor as the Enforcer! .. he always has had a "Dirty Harry" air about him!

[IMG]
    Elkay likes this.
  16. Krysanth Elder

So now the whiners whined enough and DBG will enforce a rotation on mobs they dont have a lockout. So that means raid mobs will be up for hours/days when someone whose turn it is can't gather the force or kill the mob. GG Daybreak on giving into the whiners.
    AngryIksar likes this.
  17. Greymere Augur

Many of the guilds in question would describe sharing a rotation spot of 54 with 1 or 2 players boxing a majority raid force unacceptable, will DBG provide guidance on this, or is leaving available FFA days sufficient for that.
  18. Darth Augur

Faceless has Killed Lord Nagafen, lady Vox, Cazic Thule, and Eye of Veeshan all revamped.

Ascended Darkness has killed revamped Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, and Innoruuk.

Modest Man has killed Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, and Eye of Veeshan.

I'm certain all guilds have killed Phinny and Master Yael.

So yes the three guilds in the current rotation can pass the requirement that you must kill the boss once to be on rotation.

No guild can currently clear Plane of Sky in any amount of hours. We have been talking about Sky anyway and how we assign Sky days. But, since no guild has reached out to us we have nothing to add atm.

We are currently talking about setting rules to make sure guilds get an actual shot to join the rotation. All Guild Leaders are welcome to get with us about it.
  19. Hateseeker Augur

You say "can't maintain a raid force large enough to even kill current targets", but you see, once a guild knows that they just need to recruit enough players for, and strategize for the raid encounter itself, and not the constantly moving target of how many boxes they will need to bring to DPS race the other guilds, they'll likely meet that requirement. In any event, why would Daybreak give the rotation leaders a hard time for excluding guilds that can't bring a force that can even kill the mob?
  20. AngryIksar New Member

Since everyone seems to think their one subscription matters I'd also like to say that if this GM enforced rotation leaves loot wasted and mobs un-engaged for hours after spawning I'll be canceling 30 subscriptions.