Sense Heading

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQgamer23, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you. But when do these end?
    beryon likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

You and me both, the folks at CSE (Camelot Unchained) do things like every so often.
    Iila likes this.
  3. EQgamer23 Elder

Perfect Prathun. Perfect.

Please try to remember to keep us updated :)
  4. sininemm New Member

Are you working content again?!? You just made my heart sing!...(except for the mana drains I know are coming, but we'll work on that, won't we...) /wink
    Sancus and PrathunEQ like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please give us more than 7 raids total in the 2 campaigns per year.

Srsly.

PleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleasepleasePleasepleaseplease.

Did I mention, please? Should I add pretty please, with please on top and a satisfying please sauce on the side? :D
    Elricvonclief and Sancus like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What do you think of the idea of adding Date Begins and Date Ends to each item in the Alert History window? Right now what is in there isn't very helpful because you have no idea what is current, past, and future (well, nothing is future but it could be added).

[IMG]
    beryon likes this.
  7. Prathun Developer

Oh, heck. It sounds like when you dismiss an alert it doesn't pop up again the next year when the event recurs. Will look into that.
  8. Elricvonclief Augur

Thanks for posting, Prathun!
  9. Sancus Augur

Thank you for posting Prathun, it is good to see some communication.

Even though there's still no dev comment on rains outside of the single line in the patch notes (Sorry, I had to include that).
    Silv likes this.
  10. Derd Augur

They were reduced in power due to being overpowered for the mana cost and the ability to use them on raids with tanks holding mobs close enough together allowing maximum dmg taken by the npcs. Now I'm not a dev a deb or a downer but if that comment makes you feel better or worse about the lowering of the crit's .. your welcome.
  11. Piemastaj Augur

Which would make sense, 3 expansions ago....

Should let the Devs speak for themselves tbh.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Piemastaj Augur

The real reason why they won't answer the question is because they know it was caused by their lack of knowledge. Considering they forced us to use them, and even unlinked them so we could use BOTH of them. Then tuned our class around them for 4 expansions, because they 'liked the risk vs reward' of them.

It is hard to admit when your wrong or made a mistake. However, it should not take 4 expansions to all of a sudden bring the mistake to light (they didn't just get good lol). And tbh, it would be pretty simple to say 'we think they are too OP'. It would be a simple and already used term by the Developers. Which is probably why people (myself included) would like a real reason as to why they HAD to be nerfed like 3 months before the campaign. Much easier and simpler to nerf/change things during a Beta.....
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

Couple questions if I may (don't worry, none are about rain nerfs! This time ;P )

Will there be new Nights of the Dead (And Frostfell for that matter) this year. I know it's extra dev time but it's been awhile and it'd be pretty neat to get a new quest or two.

For Stone Cold Summer, since it seems from last year they are reintroductions of old expac pre-release events (not knocking it, I like that idea!) Will there be another pre release this year (like VoA since last years' was HoT) or will it be the same one?

This one is more directed at Dzarn but, is he still working on that patch to let us swap between old/'new' models. Any word on that? I have been super excited about it since he put in phase one and I talked to him about it. I know you can kinda hack it through globalload.txt as it is except for the skeletons but it'd be cool to hear if it's coming soon! Maybe with the Campaign?

Lastly, Hludwolf still has not given me gm powers, this is very distressing. I promise I'll only use the /race command!
  14. Casidia Augur

Yea perfect, getting nerfed into the stone age (when Elidroth previously said he wants to keep Haze reasonable good for Raids), as Chanter without any warning feels just perfect.
    It's all so perfect here that i have no desire left to log in.
    People actually invest real time into raiding, and if i knew what was coming i would have done something else with that spare time.
  15. Rorce Augur

Thanks for looking into this! It's not only the repeating stuff, tho. New stuff lately hasn't had alerts either. The recent faction bonus weekend didn't have one either.
  16. segap Augur

If you're going to fix it to be squawkier, can you please also give us a way to disable it? For me, it's yet one more thing I have to click through to get in the game and play.
  17. Prathun Developer

Yeah, depending on where a bonus X weekend lands in relation to our update schedule, design needs to implement the alert data 1-5 weeks before it shows up in game. We didn't have enough lead time on the faction weekend to do so.
    Sancus and Silv like this.
  18. Silv Augur

Exactly. That makes your comment mean nothing. Complete speculation which anyone could throw around and use some potential logic to justify the change.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Which in turns makes your and the rest of the "woe is me" crowd's comments meaningless as well, eh? What is good for the goose is good for the gander after all.
    Derd likes this.
  20. Potawatomi Augur

Um, no.

Crit nerf is a thing that actually happened that we are complaining about with no response.

Derd's response is pure conjecture.
    Sancus likes this.