Sense Heading

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQgamer23, Jul 23, 2015.

1. EQgamer23 Elder

has this been completely removed? It's likely its been a while and I just missed it, but I remember hearing that the EQ team was dedicated to giving us monthly updates which seem to have quickly gone out the window.
  2. Sancus Augur

The old posts still exists here, but the concept was scrapped when they removed a bunch of forum sections. Essentially it's another in a long line of short lived, half baked attempts at "improved transparency" (for real this time guys!).
    Motherlee, Iila and Kravitz like this.
  3. Casidia Augur

4. Random_Enchanter Augur

No, the skill is still in game its just set to an automatic 200 with out the need to train it.

so clearly we should know what is happening innately
    Zarakii likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

Sense Heading was the previous producer's platform. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with it, but with the change in staff there was a change in how we wanted to get information out. Sorry for the sudden shift in messaging. We are still communicating what's going on, but in different ways.

Quick sum up: The majority of the team's effort is concentrated on the upcoming Fall campaign/expansion, but we're always looking for ways to improve the Live game as well.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Prathun,

Death, Death, Death! was put back in the game Wednesday without any notice here (we still don't know when it ends).

Living Legacy was done July to August in 2012 and from May to June in 2013 and 2014. No word whether it will be back this year.

I think this is the first time anyone at Daybreak said the upcoming campaign will be in the Fall of 2015. I've had guild members ask whether it would even show up this year or in 2016.

So, I guess you are communicating, and I do see some good communication on the forums here on some issues. But as for the overall status of the game and upcoming things, not seeing it.
    Motherlee, beryon and Sancus like this.
  7. Sancus Augur

Now we get to read about huge nerfs in one liners from the patch notes and guess at why they were put in...
    Motherlee, beryon, Silv and 4 others like this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Prathun what are the different ways you are using to communicate. I seem to be missing all of them. Please enlighten us so that we may be informed.

Also thank you for confirming that how you release information (ie transparency <-- my words not yours) has changed.
    beryon and Kiillz like this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

You mean, aside from comments in the twitch streams, a couple of random dev comments over the last couple of months and of course the original letter from producer which stated:
    Iila likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I stand corrected. I was wrong.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

My apologies, my post didn't seem so caustic when i was typing it.
  12. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Please consider adding additional access to the Ancient Nagafen raid. 2 years in a row dedicated players camping that aug have walked away empty handed.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

No apology needed. Actually, I would like to thank you for linking Holly's letter. My memory had pretty much forgotten about it, I had only remembered some vague parts of it and not the part where she said the first campaign would be this fall.
  14. EQgamer23 Elder

Thanks for the response Prathun.

I'm okay with your response - but I'd like to see more communication even if it's to say something like the following:

"Hey folks, it's been a month since we've communicated anything, and while we don't have any specific details, I can tell you that we're working furiously on the upcoming campaign and it's looking awesome. Here are a few teaser details (insert teaser details). We should have more specifics in the next 30 days. In the meantime, check out the links to the EQ anniversary blah blah".

I mean, looking at the announcement section, it looks like there have been a lot of updates, but they're often very specific to that exact period of time, and I think the EQ base would like to have a pulse on what the horizon looks like and what to expect, to keep them interested, which is why the Sense Heading was a good idea (until it stopped).
  15. Frankk New Member

Quit fooling around Prathun. We should have a live stream to your desk via twitch 24/7. Get on it
    Zarakii and PrathunEQ like this.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

I wish that they would consider doing this once in a while, maybe an hour with a random dev every once in a while show casing what they are working on. It would give us a little insight into what they do and how they do it. I have followed some other studios that do this and it seems to go over pretty well.
  17. Iila Augur

I'd love to see a monthly-ish stream with some devs and coders talking about the changes in each patch. Content fixes/changes from those devs. Dzarn, Jchan, and Hludwolf talking a bit about the backend system changes they worked on, and maybe about what new things are opened up by those changes.

Like how the proc changes give Dzarn the ability to change all those AA debuffs with separate buttons into 100% procs from spells you're probably going to cast anyways. That is a very cool way to reduce UI clutter, and reduce complexity without lowering player power.
    Potawatomi, Mayfaire and beryon like this.
  18. Prathun Developer

There are alerts to show when an event is active, but you're right that an in-game system to see when new things are coming would be even better.

Here's a snapshot of our schedule of recurring holiday and annual events:
    Death, Death, Death! began on 7/22.
    Living Legacy kicks off in early August, tentatively 8/5.
    The Stone Cold Summer events are coming in early September, tentatively 9/2.
    Nights of the Dead kicks off in late October, tentatively 10/28.

I sometimes forget how exciting it can be to hear about what's coming up and what we're working on, as it's what we're immersed in daily, (and to be honest it's not much of a spectator sport). I've nearly completed a set of quests for the campaign and I'm gearing up to start on raids, and have looked into some progression and non-progression live server concerns in-between. We look forward to sharing the campaign details soonish(tm).
    Brogett, Grove, Rainbowdash and 12 others like this.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

Thank you. I am happy to see you are on raids.
  20. Rorce Augur

I do love the alert system you guys put in, but it hasn't been used in months now. When it was used, it was very nice and very helpful!
    Potawatomi likes this.