Nightmare Stasis Changes

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Eriadoc, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Eriadoc Elder

Anyone have a handle on this? Personally, I wish I could ditch Nightmare Stasis AA altogether. Don't even care about a refund, just take it off my character.
  2. Eriadoc Elder

OK, just checked it. Yep, got screwed.

@DEVS: Want a refund pls. You can keep your crappy AA. Actually don't care about the points, I just don't want your crappy AA.
  3. Jordis Augur

It's probably screwed since those are generally the only type of changes we get. It was (and maybe still is) very useful for proc'ing the Deep Sleep and related debuff. I use it for that on raids constantly.
  4. Eriadoc Elder

That's why they nerfed it. They don't want you to be able to land Deep Sleep with any predictability. Now, Stasis is Nightmare Stasis, which means it's able to land on 108 mobs and has a 36-min cooldown, which renders it actually useless, unless you don't have the AA yet. Then you can maybe get a rank of it and still use it for DS. For those of us maxed in AA, we just got screwed.
    Jordis likes this.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

Incorrect. This patch should have also changed the way AAs work. If an AA fails then there should be no chance for that failed AA to trigger any effects.

It is now only a nigh very quick cast mez that lowers the mob's AC dramatically upon break/worn off.
    AKA: A fluff AA since we have no way of using it on Boss mobs to make melee better (it does have 10 times the ac effect as our cripple line)
    Jordis likes this.
  6. Dzarn Developer

The patch first fixed the bug that allowed cast procs to be triggered on failed AA attempts.

Once that was done, Stasis and Nightmare Stasis were merged primarily to reduce UI clutter since the abilities share a timer and are fundamentally direct upgrades (with the proc bug now fixed).

That said, an activated version of the Deep Sleep debuff as its own ability line seems like a reasonable request now that the bug with the AA system has been fixed.
    Jordis, Axxius, moogs and 6 others like this.
  7. Belkar_OotS Augur

Yes please! Making this request!

It would be ideal if it were fast casting, fast reuse, great resist modifier, and decent duration. It is an important raid debuff and getting it on multiple bosses quickly is important/critical for enchanters. Having a longer cast time is much more preferable than having to fight resist/recast issues on multiple resistant bosses (Golems event 2, Mini's + Boss event 4, bosses event 5).
    Jordis likes this.
  8. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

While you're at it, could you spawn a bit more in Sol B?
    Dzarn likes this.
  9. Silv Augur

Wow... I thought we were done with Enchanter nerfs, er, I mean fixes. Glad it only took 10 years :rolleyes:

When something has been broken this long things kindof wind up tuned around the fact that the debuff would be there.
  10. Random_Enchanter Augur

Does the class still exist? Nerfs will never be finished until the class is gone.

Things will be added to the game that are broken abused in hilarious ways (rune of banishment i'm looking at you!)
    Jordis likes this.
  11. Silv Augur

Idunno. Maybe..? I barely log in these days and it will probably become even less after this last round. The level of 'fun' is sharply decreasing, for me at least. I think the nerfs to Mages and some others are actually more upsetting than this but I just don't get the sudden drive to fix a 'bug' from 10 years ago out of the blue. Almost all of the nerfs this patch came out of no where.

I guess the bright side is that I have one less thing to do on raids.
    Sancus likes this.
  12. Rykard Augur

I was about the same way and a few things helped fix it. First, I took a year plus off. Second, I retired my old characters and started completely new ones that I had not played before.

I have had a lot of fun with the enchanter class in general but, I have to say most of the fun revolves around a few spells and AAs. The rest of the AA/spells seem to be like window dressing providing very little.

Prior to the last round of mass reductions, they had focused on returning the lost damage/skill in the form of a new spell or AA. I hope that they return to that and bring back the lost damage/ADPS for the Haze change and reduce the re-use time for nightmare stasis.

Rykard
  13. Repthor Augur

i think dzarn just sold you guys a new aa that does the same as the one you had for the next campain lol
  14. Nenton Augur

If it's something close to other class's AA debuffs (cast time within global recast, inconsequential recast timer to be able to cast on multiple mobs quickly) then it's at worst a wash where the devs got to fix a problem with failed AA's triggering effects and Enchanters got a truly on demand Deep Sleep. If it's something with a long recast then it's garbage and goes in the long list of things the devs have taken away from Enchanters years after the fact:

Extended Mez on PBAE
    Compliant Lurch
    Perma Stuns
    Self Rune spamming
    Triggering Deep Sleep essentially on demand (still salvageable)
    Jordis likes this.
  15. Eriadoc Elder

Yeah, the mindset kind of baffles me. I mean, for a dev to come on and say that now it's reasonable to ask for an ability that we've had for a long time ... well, if you're in there nerfing it, go ahead and put it in. WTH are you waiting for? Just seems silly and petty, TBH. To be expected, though.
    Jordis likes this.
  16. Dzarn Developer

The following changes will go live in the next full patch (August) but I wanted to give you guys a heads up.
    • The AA line "Deep Sleep" is being renamed "Projected Somnolence".
    • The ability will retain the same % chance to trigger "Deep Sleep" on a mesmerized target.
    • The ability will now offer a 100% chance to trigger a debuff called "Somnolence" on a target when you cast a level 66 or higher cripple spell.
    • Each rank of "Somnolence" is an accuracy debuff equal to each rank of "Deep Sleep" but won't trigger "Deep Sleep's Malaise" as to not invalidate the need to cast slow spells by casting cripple.
    The intent was to restore most of the 'on demand' nature of the accuracy debuff without creating a new button (button reduction is a priority for me) as well as further incentivize casting spells in the cripple line.
    Axxius, moogs, RPoo and 5 others like this.
  17. Iila Augur

:D
    Jordis likes this.
  18. Belkar_OotS Augur

That is awesome! Would you also consider wrapping Ethereal Manipulation into the mix? It is another debuff that we end up casting on every mob if we have a wizard around, and including it with these debuffs would be advantageous for us.
    Jordis likes this.
  19. Dzarn Developer

I'll make a note of that one for the future.
    If any change were to be made it would probably be that the next rank changes it from an activated ability to a passive ability that has a 100% chance to trigger of off something like Tash.
    Iila, moogs, RPoo and 3 others like this.
  20. Slasher Augur

I'm not an enchanter but merging it with tash makes sense :) I was going to say that but you already had the idea :0