The Problem with Buffed-Up Raid Bosses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bandok, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Prathun Developer

Buffing Kunark raids was completed only yesterday, so you heard it here first. ;)
  2. Porygon Augur

Mages become significantly less powerful in kunark compared to other classes. In velious they are pretty much just another class.
  3. taliefer Augur

not really. the gap closes somewhat sure, but their pets are still at l;east close to, if not as much dps as a top melee + nukes still almost as good as a wizards. especially if they have the epic pet.
  4. Porygon Augur

The only thing I can base this on, is on fippy, my 6 box competed against a 3 mage, druid, chanter, wizard group regularly. And with melee discs it was a pretty close fight. Would say 50/50 each time.

Not to mention mage pets become significantly less tanky. Compared to a warrior.
  5. Grish Augur

As a mage on fippy that played all the way through UF, I can say that mages without epics lose heavily in Kunark but epic pets are bad a s s. In Velious it gets closer to the norm but even through Luclin and PoP, mages are pretty great, though monks are too. GoD is when the melee really take over, rogues with raid weapons become top dps for a while. In all the level 70s expacs, mages are just another mid level dps class and not until PoR do they get really valuable again.
  6. Hendar2 Augur

I agree, and wish this policy continues.
    Elkay likes this.
  7. -wycca Augur

Prathun, come on! Is there a single bit of raid content anywhere in the game that is exactly as-is versus when it went live? =P
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

A Chilling Terror still is, no?
  9. Sebbun Augur

Still doesn't fix that the guilds that did raids early got the loot and the rest of us are left with over-tuned bosses. Of course, I guess we can just stack mages anyway. =)

Seriously, though. This isn't addressing the actual problems, you are just content blocking lower level and smaller player count guilds.

Can you ACTUALLY address the issue? This is a content versus amount of players playing issue. Buffing raid bosses is such a stupid way to address this.
  10. vardune Augur

Mage pets are OP all the way up to PoP. Mage epic pet is even more OP.
  11. Porygon Augur

They really aren't. They are the best pet class, definitely. But they aren't op. The epic pet is amazing. But with the difficulty of the mage epic, it won't exactly be extremely common for a while.

Mage pets can't tank anywhere near as good as actual tanks....which is the issue currently.
  12. Druz Augur

Porygon your guild is like 80% mage, it's OP or else they'd have chosen other classes to box 18 of.
  13. Porygon Augur

Were not even talking about classic. Were talking about kunark and on... I've already explained to many of the "mage" boxers I know that didn't play on fippy what is going to happen.

But hey, the more groups of mages there are....the more powerful my group becomes in comparison.
  14. Moonii Elder

This exacerbates raid composite problems that were already present, now we need more mages, more clerics, more tanks ? Less melee dps ?

the smaller the margin for error the more tight composites get. That might be fun for some but its frustrating if your class is on the outside looking in.

It just does not seem like the problem has been addressed at all. What this has done is given top tier guilds a bit more of a challenge..hooray for them.