I think I have just about had it...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Argu, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger New Member

True, you're most likely a very honest and respectful person :)
  2. Drexll Augur

Im with you, OP. Im sick of this garbage, too.

Furthermore, as far as Im concerned, using "broadcasting" functions of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is cheating, too, whether "the rules": call it such or not. 1 click/kepypress being magically multiplied across multiple clients via 3rd-party software is clearly NOT how the game is supposed to work, nor are you REALLY "just boxing." Where are those additional clicks/keypresses that are going on in those other clients coming from? It's .
  3. bober Lorekeeper

I dont have a problem with boxing and i'm sure the large majority of the population don't either. But the 6-man autofollow trains that run by all the time is a bit excessive. How many bot armies would we see today if Krono had been disabled from the launch of the server? I'm not here to bash kronos but if the stupid bandolier was disabled due to it not being classic I certainly can't recall krono being in game in 2001. Wait, krono generate revenue for dbg so of course we'll overlook that lol
  4. Finwen Augur

Let's be honest here. There is a huge difference between follow and stick. People wouldn't use stick if there wasn't, and it's pretty easy to identify who is using it.
  5. Machen New Member

Actually, that's not correct. From the current Daybreak Terms of Service:

Since Daybreak has expressly authorized the use of I S Boxer, it is legal to use. No matter how much you wish it weren't.
    Frenzic likes this.
  6. Drexll Augur

Oh really? And tell us, just how many people did you know running 6 computers and 6 internet accounts in 1999?

I call BS.
  7. Softcap New Member

Did you see where I said it looks stupid, Didn't say it was a cheat...In fact I never said anyone was cheating...the program that allows you to operate those bot groupst is available and okay by DBG.. My problem is it being allowed. Your taking away a lot of the fun of the game and basically anyone who wanted a classic eq experience which DBG promised.
    Drexll likes this.
  8. VorpalChicken Journeyman

Calling boxers/botters cheaters comes down to the percieved advantage that someone runnng 18 characters has over 6 people playing together in a group.

Really you can't argue that your 18 chars controlling content designed for 6 players in a group is destroying the game, because if it wasn't nothing would be said on the forums about it, but as it is a large percentage of the posts being made are currently about botter/boxers dominating zones/content and reducing the fun that others can partake in.
    Vivas likes this.
  9. Finwen Augur

All of the $0 that they pay for those accounts.
  10. Frenzic Augur

I'm sure many are using it and cheating. I'm just pointing out that's it's possible to have 17 toons follow 1 without cheats. Don't assume every time you see a box train that it's cheating.

I'm curious though. How do you tell the difference?
    Finchy likes this.
  11. Vivas Lorekeeper

This.
    Drexll likes this.
  12. Bacon New Member

[QUOTEOh really? And tell us, just how many people did you know running 6 computers and 6 internet accounts in 1999?

I call BS. ][/QUOTE]

3 different players off the top of my head, not everyone who played the game back in 99 was 12 years old as you must have been, some of the adults actually had money.
  13. Miseryhatescompany Journeyman

Don't let Frenzic fool you, KSing camps and killing raid targets as a botter isn't the worst thing. The real worst thing are the ones that are botting spawns that have high plat returns constantly over 120 hours a week, raking in 20k plat a day. This is what is driving the krono market right now. They say that they are at the keyboard the entire time, but its physically impossible for one person to be at a keyboard pressing a button for that long with no lapse without automation. They only say they play in the "rules" because they know with the limited GM support they only have to be at the keyboard during set times to respond to GMs while the other hours of the day there is no response needed. Frenzic has openly admitted to using software that IS bannable and has admitted that he writes scripts for it. You think anyone believes that he doesn't use scripts now to farm? He is only deluding himself.
  14. Softcap New Member

Because there never getting stuck on a TREE for one!
  15. Batbener Augur

First off, my only problem with boxers is when they use phrases like, "I have the skill" and "They only hate me because they are jealous". Everquest is a game that can be overpowered by numbers. Always has been, always will be. DPS zerging works, and that's ok. If one guy does it with 6 mages, 12 mages, 18 mages, that's ok, too. But don't call it skill. Writing scripts, or even worse using scripts that other people have written isn't skill, either. It's in the game, and that's ok. It's not a skill based game. But when you brag like you are some kind of special talent, it bothers me to my core. Talent is playing classical music or making 90 out of 100 free throws or drawing a lifelike portrait, it's not mashing keys on a keyboard 3 times in 6 seconds.

Now the people I have a real problem with, the anti-boxer whiners that get KS'ed at a cash camp by a guy with more toons that complain it's "ruining the game". Everquest is far less toxic than it was "back in the day". Remember when a wizzie could KS you just by getting the last hit? Remember when manaburn came out, and they set up a chat channel, "Teammanaburn" and proceeded to lock down epics? I do. If you don't, then you were either 40 levels below the cap, or one of the offenders. That's why I am perfectly happy to wait on my GEBs this time around. I have yet to be KSed, and only trained once, though I think that train was more idiocy than malice. I have camped king and lord in guk, been to the Hole enough times to win the roll on a pair of Loam pants, and spent a lot of time at cyclops going after gems. So if you hate the boxers, just avoid them. If you are 50, go work on tradeskills. There are plenty of things that need farmed for that. Camp items that will hold their value when Kunark comes, like tradeskill items. Knock out a few quests. Farm the tedious parts of your epic that you can. But no, you want to play a social game in exactly one way, and kill everything you want to kill when you want to kill it, and then when you can't have your own way and camp exactly what you want, when you want, you come crying to the threads. Gear is completely worthless in Classic EQ unless you are a melee, but it's never the cheap melee gear that people complain about getting KSed at, it's either the FBSS, or expensive caster gear. Interesting.

You know when Kunark is coming. You know that most everything in classic becomes worthless overnight. As the expacs come, the world spreads out, and there is even less KSing and camp stealing. So if you want to enjoy the game, do it. If you want to "win EQ" and farm gear and krono to sell, then load up mages, because that's how it's done. This current crop of mage armies didn't invent the car, they are just driving one. You can, too. And for only a one time fee of 90 bucks. Because once you 6 box, you can easily pay for the game, in the game. I prefer to 3 box, and play at a leisurely pace. I still have a month to kill at 50, but that's ok. I also have my subs paid for with Krono for the next xpac. Then it will be winter, where I can spend more time in game, and I fully expect to never have to pay for EQ again. And I play drunk off my with very little third party assistance(I do have dedicated keys for each toon, instead of alt tab). So if you can't be max level, fully geared, with krono in the bank by Kunark, it isn't the mage bot armies that is doing it to you......
    Finchy likes this.
  16. Machen New Member

The movement is slightly different, as you well know.
  17. Jaxarale01 Augur

+1

Exactly... its not like it is the same people posting another original thread... as more and more people level and have toxic experiences you of course get more and more threads.

Its the same thing with the pro instancing... the talking heads are complaining about "beating a dead horse" because they for some reason can not get it through their heads that as more people get to raid level and see the show for what it is... they post about it.

All of these new posts are just what I said above... what is more bothersome is the same talking heads that are complaining about the posts are the ones that have been posting for months.

How about instead of complaining about the tons of posts on the two subjects you leave them alone and go for a jog or bike ride or something?
    MamaBear likes this.
  18. RadarX Augur

While it's been a few weeks since boxing/anti-boxing wars of 2015, they are still pretty fresh. I'm going to continue to close these because honestly it's just creating drama and not bringing new discussion to the table. They are no plans to change policies at this time. If you see someone who is doing something outside of our terms of service please do report it.

Feel free to PM me with concerns.
    Sinzz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.