I think I have just about had it...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Argu, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiyannon Augur

fine, i'll stop, you win.
  2. Zurd Lorekeeper

I seriously haven't seen anything more sadly humorous than this bizarre meme that Boxers are some kind of protected persecuted minority class deserving of protection since South Park ran an episode on NAMBLA.

Voting rights for trolls! Equality for KSers!

God now I'm laughing and heading to a real job where I will interact with real people. Laugh or cry...hard to decide.

Ya'll have a lovely day.
    Rhiyannon and MamaBear like this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

You're way off base with your comments. I rarely run into instances where I'm hogging resources another player wants. I frequently share spawns and camps with single players that come by. I do not however tolerate people sending me hate tells or making demands of me. You have no more right to content than I do. I treat everyone with respect until they give me reason not to.
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  4. VorpalChicken Journeyman

Boxing is alt tabbing to another char and using it, then alt tabbing back, botting is using software to automate (like a robot) actions on multiple accounts at once
  5. MamaBear Elder

Obviously I'm not "way off base." Since there are dozens of threads lamenting the decline of TLP because of people who run "mega" box groups. - For someone who "Shares his camps" with everyone, you sure do have a lot of complaints about you. But listen, I don't know you except when we played together on other servers. I have no idea how "you" are playing now. I'm just basing my opinion on my actual run ins with other "mega' boxers. "I" am not picking on you in particular. Not at all.
    VorpalChicken likes this.
  6. Finchy Augur

You sir need to read #3 and #4 again.
  7. Frenzic Augur

You specifically mentioned 18 boxer after I mentioned it so I assume it's directly aimed at me. I have hate thrown at me out of jealousy. It's also the same couple people posting over and over.

Also who are you? Don't recognize the name.
  8. VorpalChicken Journeyman

You sir need to read what I posted.
  9. Archess Elder

Yesterday me and 2 friends got trained with all the seafuries from the island onto me and my group at undead island Spectres to see if we "responded" ....i 4 box and play with 2 RL friends in the party so we at all times have a full group..it started with a gnome mage training a bunch of the spectres on us, but we just kill em and guess its a mistake and continue, we are on skype....

Then a seafury shows up, i let my cleric tank it till we get all the spectres done aaand then every single seafury shows up...

Supposedly he did the same to every boxer in the zone as i get to know from people who wanted a rezz from my cleric afterwards...

I am starting to feel the sameway for boxing 4, especially since i need to be able to look at all times at my tell windows in case i miss a random tell, so much for lazy EQ boxing, hell i am not even 50 yet (44)...
  10. Finchy Augur

i did read what you posted, and you need to learn what the term boxing means.

here let me help you out...

Multiboxing may be as simple as running two instances of the game on one computer (each logged into a separate account) and switching between them.[3] Players may also use multiple computers, each with their own keyboard and mouse. This quickly becomes impractical with an increasing number of computers, so a keyboard demultiplexer may be used, which sends the signals from a single keyboard to several computers.
    Software tools include programs which can simulate keyboard multiplexing by sending keystrokes to different instances of the game simultaneously, or across networks. Voice command software can also be used.
    Often, heavy use is made of the macros built into the game's default interface. This allows more complex instructions to be issued with a single keypress. Examples include targeting a certain character and healing them, or firing a spell at another character's target.[4]
  11. Atomicted New Member

Question? Why 18 box? 12? or even 6? What is the reason? I don't understand. I played to group with other players. I can 6 box, but why would i want to go thru all the work? Maybe mutli-boxers have social issues IRL. I ask again, a real question, Why do it?
  12. Finwen Augur

To make an easy game easier is the short answer.
  13. Archess Elder

And what about us people who have 3x 28" Monitors and a 200" Projector Mainscreen ? Can we move our mouse between screens or does that not fit in with single monitor users and alt tabbing?

Is everyone still stuck in the one screen for one pc era ?
  14. Frenzic Augur

You play to group with other people, I don't. I'll group with people when I want and enjoy the freedom of not needing to in order to have fun or progress. I can play the game for as short or long as I want. Take breaks when I want. Get groups instantly at 3am. I can also do what you do and play me toon and group. For me boxing is freedom.
    Finchy, Reht and Zain like this.
  15. Roger New Member

I like how Frenzic had to log in one of his bot accounts to back him up. GG Finchy

Also, how did people box 6 toons on dial up?

I can barely box 3 on my comp and it was made 10 years after the game came out
  16. Softcap New Member

"This" People keep saying this was happening back in 99 on classic servers, Im not sure what pipe your smoking but I played back in 99 and never saw the train wreck of bot groups that is happening on this server...Yes, and they are bot groups not boxed...getting tired of hearing people say they are not...anything including a macro that lets you cast all spells or abilities of characters at the same time is botting...I don't care if DGB has said a certain program is okay.

Plus it looks just plain stupid with 18 people auto-following a single toon around...Its like a out of control train locomotive just waiting to crash into something...This server has done nothing to allow even a little amount of the classic feel of Classic EQ as promised.

I have had 4 RL friends who played back in the day who were going to comeback and told them forget it, there is nothing here to come back to and just the sight of these mass botted groups are enough to make you go "Really"? and with DBG obviously not going to do anything, time to move on and give P99 a shot.,I hear its more classic that the actually company running the original game.
  17. Frenzic Augur

Tin foil hat much? I've never posted under another account nor do I plan to. Shocking that people actually agree with me? :)
  18. Finchy Augur

LOL...i'm my own person I assure you of that, I just agree a lot with what he says.

I personally didn't start boxing until i got broadband, which was in 2000 for me.
  19. Frenzic Augur

Did you know that you can auto follow 17 characters to 1? Without cheats? Oh yes indeed!

See it's general ignorance that causes many boxers to be labeled cheaters.
  20. Sleppen Augur

I decided to give the new server a try. I run out into the Paineel newbie yard, and what do I find? High level players farming the spawn points for decaying skeletons and mass looting bone chips to sell. I really don't care whether they were "legal" boxers or bots. It was just silly. They must have been using a bard with AE or something like that, because most of the other mobs in the zone were wandering around with 40% health. I am guessing that the bard's AE aggros the mobs, and the other toons farm the decaying skeletons. I just kind of laughed at the absurdity and went about my business.

I don't care much about the legality vs. illegality issue. This is just the nature of modern gaming. I can see why a gaming company would be perfectly happy to take money from some guy with 18 accounts. I do feel sort of sorry for the folks who spent years begging for a classic server, and then found out that you can't go home again. The days of EQ as a unique social experience are gone. This is not the fault of the company. It's the fault of us (in the broad plural sense) as gamers. Some guy wants to create 18 toons to farm raid content solo? Okay. It doesn't make me mad, and I certainly wouldn't grief him. It does make me sad, though.

Yes, there were people who played box armies back in the day. They were rare, though, and it was difficult. Technology has made it easy to do. We can't go back to 2001, though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.