fixing the raid scene without instancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kraggnar, Jul 16, 2015.

1. MaestroM Augur

It could be structured so that 2-3 times per week the targets spawn in prime time.

But the way I see it, I have no reason to log on right now either.

So.
  2. Elkay Augur

If we had "recommended time zone" servers like a few other MMOs, I would agree. But right now we only have a couple servers supporting the world. It'd be giving the big "FU" to anyone not on North American time zones or that works second shift.
  3. MaestroM Augur

I haven't been clear, sorry.

When any one raid target dies, it starts a global raid target spawn timer. All targets regardless of when they're killed despawn and spawn when the timer is up.

The timer could be set to something like 29 hours. This timer would walk through the timezones pretty regularly.

8PM EST one day; then 29 hours later would be 1AM the day after; +29 = 6AM next day; +29 11am next day; +29 4pm next day so on so on.

Since 29 is prime, it'll hit every hour of every day. (someone can check my math and pick a better number).

The details aren't important to me and can be negotiated. But I assume there is a number that can be picked that hits prime time multiple times per week for many time zones.
  4. Elkay Augur

So if one goes down, the rest just poof?
  5. MaestroM Augur

No. Just that spawn timers are all synced.

I don't imagine it would happen for years, but if for some reason all other raid targets were killed with one or more raid targets were left alive at spawn time, then those targets would need to be despawned (or not respawned) to make sure we don't have 7 CTs up in fear.

Killing the first target of the cycle would just start the global timer for all targets. The despawn/respawn would only happen at the end of the cycle for any targets left alive.

I suppose there's no reason to despawn them. They can just use the existing "if ct = alive, then don't spawn" thing.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Owndar Elder

It's so hard to do something you been doing for like what 10-15 expansions now? really? cut the nonsense it really is simple.

Also, for one i didn't know this is what i was signing up for. Frankly, it's a joke to imply this is what people returning to TLP after not playing for 10 year would be thinking. Overpopulated servers, no PnP, mass boxing. None of these things have any business in a MMO w/o instances and non of them existed 10 years ago. I guess i should've expected the poor CS though after all it is how you lost 80% of your customers to WoW
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Fixed it for you.
  8. skattabrainz Augur

Wow, that was a darn good idea. I wonder how much coding they would have to do to implement it, it seems like a good way to get dragon kills into the hands of guilds who aren't currently able to get a shot at them even though they could kill the boss. While keeping the "official" dragons at a special status due to their gear being tradable.

+ a lot and thx
  9. Prathun Developer

Careful. If you continue insisting that implementation time should be near-zero if we only want it badly enough, you might be picked out for a career in Project Management.
    Ironblade, Finchy, Obiziana and 7 others like this.
  10. Vlerg Augur

fasttrack the server to Gates of discord.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

That's a good idea, and later EQ expansions have currency like that, but this doesn't get us past the basic fact that it seems that the developers want players to fight with each other via recruiting/dps racing/racing/training/socking/charmganking/etc. So why would they add such a thing to Classic?

Until Daybreak engages the community and actually two-way discusses the topic of indirect PvP, it can only be assumed that they want players fighting each other this way, rather than fighting the game.
    Rhiyannon and Jezzie like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So that a huge portion of the loud, angry, fickle TLP crowd can bail from the game again? Not sure how that helps.
  13. Vaclav Augur

PoP+LDoN could have the same effect really....

I know plenty people on the edge of quitting that are anxious for DoDH, GoD and OoW personally. I have yet to bump into a "I'm quitting come GoD" person amongst the "fickle" part of the crowd.
  14. Vlerg Augur

how many leave because of GoD, and how many jsut leave during classic-PoP because of the atrocious raiding scene?
    Rhiyannon and Mezrah like this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The PoP-LDON-GoD era is definitely the start of the exodus. Each expansion polarized some group in some way.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Not really, unless you go as far back and say RoK polarized some people, (involved key quests) SoV polarized some people (faction haters), and SoL polarized some people (Bazaar broken EC trading/easy transporation 1.0)

Reality is no expansion scared off a substantial quantity. GoD didn't scare people off because of its content even - it just happened to have the quintuple whammy of major competition launching their open betas, horrendous client issues, balance being off, major upgrades required for many PCs of the time and.... instancing sought after raid content.

Only one of the quint even is a thing anymore.
  17. Banuvan Augur

HAH! That's a career where you are a victim of your own success and it almost always comes back to bite you in the . There are some people who can make it work often enough that the failures don't amount to much but those people are rare. It only takes one to tank a career. Hell, it even happens in the military.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Sorry about that, didn't mean to let my boss get on the EQ forums!
    PrathunEQ and Mayfaire like this.
  19. Elkay Augur

[IMG]
    Rhiyannon and Mayfaire like this.
  20. Katmandu26 Augur

I'd really like to know who your friends are!

Nobody in my entire 400 man guild is looking forward to GoD.