Help with: Plane of War: Tamrel #2 - A New Colonel In Town, please! :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mayfaire, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

Hey all -

I am having a problem figuring out the last part of this quest (the book burning part). Is there anyone out there who has done PoW prog and remembers this quest?

I have walked up to every pile of books everywhere on the 2nd floor of Castle Rulnavis and clicked the burn clicky, I have killed trash mobs all over, and I cannot seem to spawn Araneae.

One thing that concerns me is when I target any of the piles of books, they do not show up in my target window, so am I not targeting the right things? Tried this for 2+ hours and Zam has no help/comments, so any help here is appreciated.

Thanks! :D
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Orbital101, Sheex and Nenake like this.
  3. Tadenea Augur

4. Prathun Developer

This issue has been fixed internally and should roll out with our June update.
    roguerunner, Mayfaire, guado and 4 others like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Thanks a bunch!! :D
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  6. Lyquid New Member

Well that update has come and gone and it's still broken.
  7. Crystilla Augur

I think Prathun posted on the issue tracker that something PoWar related just missed being able to get into this patch and will be pushed out on the next full patch.
  8. porky Augur

And its broken again, can't start fires and the named will not spawn assuming that the last patch undid the fix from the one before
  9. Mayfaire Augur

OH NO! :( That stinks. We are lucky we jumped on it then. Most of us that needed it in our guild finished this particular quest the day it was fixed and then we killed GM last night.
  10. Mayfaire Augur

OH, one thought - are you sure you have the right effects on to see the fire? One of my guildies did not and he thought the same as you, so we helped him to get his settings right and then he could see them. It usually takes a bit of a while on the named.
  11. porky Augur

Six hours, the entire room cleared 3 times, two toons clicking each book stack; no fires, no named.
  12. Absor Developer

Is there some reason you are clicking on book stacks rather than the Archanist's Ignitor?
    Dibab, Orbital101 and Yara_AB like this.
  13. Peltier Elder

LMAO
    Dibab likes this.
  14. porky Augur

According the quest you click the ignitor while standing on top of or near the book stacks, and they are the things that are suppose to be catching fire/summoning the named. Neither are happening.
  15. Absor Developer

If I remember correctly, there is more to it than that. You have to defeat some librarians first.
    Dibab likes this.
  16. Dibab Augur

Well regardless of above reports unless something was changes in the last 5 days i can confirm he does spawn. I did this part of the quest on my box account. If you arent clearing mobs this might be your issue, but i cleared going between 2 tables clicking. He eventually spawned for me killed him looted finished. So don't dig too deep unless the problem is isolated to severs. Did all this on Povar if that helps. I would say i successfully spawned him maybe monday or tuesday night if that helps. Not broken on povar
  17. Dibab Augur

also stupid question but you are in the right area in the right castle yes? lol
  18. porky Augur

Yes upstairs with all the books! If its working for others it may be just my horrible luck. I always kill the mobs near the books, and I have yet to see any "flames" but that may be my graphics setting. After six hours and three full clears of the room I reasonably assumed the quest is broken. I will go back and try again, what settings do I need to fix to see the "flames" anyone know? Six hours of no flames and no named I just assumed it was nothing wrong on my end.
  19. Dibab Augur

not sure what to tell you then. I dont see the fires either as i have stuff turned off, but all i did was kill mobs around the table, get up on it, click torch, repeat. After id say 10 clicks or so, not counting deaths and restarting lol, i got him to spawn. so including that i would say something like 30 total clicks at max. i would say make sure you didnt miss any turn ins or hails but i dont think thats possible at this point. Like i said unless it's a server issue i can state that i know its working because at the time of your original post on here i got mine to complete withing that 5 day period. maybe post the locs of where you are clicking? sounds stupid but would give a dev a bit more into than i can provide sorry i dont have more for you :(
  20. Mayfaire Augur

1. Options>Display tab
    2. On right lower side look for Particles
    3. Click player tab
    4. Near clip: Farthest
    5. Density: Low
    6. On for: Me + NPC
    7. Opacity: 100%

Hope that helps :)
    Dibab likes this.