Test Update 07/15/15

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

Yes, "but".

The difference is that wizard base crit rate is 42%, not 59% like magicians and all other nuke classes have from the Fury of Magic AA line. So wizard rains are functionally heavily nerfed while +crit% boosts (PD, AD, enc things, bard things, druid things, et al) are running, but they're not prima facie nerfed in the same fashion as magician ones.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

It was actually more of a joke on the people picking at a certain wizard. Also its now capped, has nothing to do with the lower base crit rate from the classes since it effects more than just one class, plus a plethora of other effects that can bring the crit rates of wiz/mage up for a good length of time. Also it effects mages way way more than any other class, the other side effects of crit damage effects others more than the capped crit chance of raids. Poor shammies!
    Sancus likes this.
  3. Apoc Augur

It's not just IoG it's Gbw is 100 arcane overkill is 25 pd is 60 second spire is 150 and I'm guessing glyph of cata is 60 also and enc 3rd spire is probably 0 oh and fierce eye is 10%.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

Yes, everything has been reduced by 100%, but now they stack additively. So having IoG and Wiz 2nd puts you at 300%, which is whole loads of crazy. It still hurts sustained a lot, but on burns you can reach a much higher modifier than before.
  5. RPoo Augur

"Waking Nightmare:
    - Description changed from 'You are recovering from a horrific nightmare. Your attack rate and movement rate are slowed, and your armor class is decreased.' to 'You are recovering from the nightmares of stasis. Your attack rate is reduced by 0 percent, your movement rate is slowed by 75 percent and your armor class is decreased by 3850 points.'"

CAN I HAS THIS WORK ON ARX RAID NAMED!?
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

Nope, gotta be able to mez the named mobs with it for it to work. They are removing the ability of failed AA casts to proc stuff. Non mezzable mob = no walking nightmare, which in itself is a walking nightmare for enchanters o_O

you can haz cheeseburger though! ;)
  7. RPoo Augur

Spell description is wrong no surprise. It only decreased AC by 1136 on a lvl 100 SK in the arena.
  8. Iila Augur

[38588] Shissarian Mindcleave

[38593] Tears of Syrkl Rk. III
    [38593] Tears of Chelsith

[38594] Shield of the Dauntless
    [38594] Shield of the Shissar

[38596] Legion of Xolok
    [38596] Legion of Chelsith

[38597] Hastening of Sviir
    [38597] Hastening of Chelsith

[38599] Twincast Rk. III
    [38599] Shissarian Twincast

[38600] Call Skeleton Throng
    [38600] Shissarian Skeleton Throng

I hope these are flavored NPC spells, not an indication of a shroud mission.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  9. Iila Augur

All spells that interact with AC lie like that.
  10. Axxius Augur

:eek:
    Can I stack 2nd Spire + IOG + GBW + AD + PD + Cata Glyph at the same time now?
  11. RPoo Augur

I think you forgot one
  12. Sancus Augur

Yes. And the critical damage modifiers are all additive.
  13. Smallpox Augur

Can anyone (Dev) elaborate as to what changed in this window? There is usually some sort of patch note denoting changes in the files :)

Thanks in advance.
  14. Axxius Augur

Ohh... so they FINALLY made the DD crit mods stack like the DoT ones do. But reduced each of them by 100% for now, and may or may not change that later, because they aren't sure how this will affect the dps balance. I'm not sure either. But I like this change on principle. The fact that DoT crits stacked whil DD ones did not was one of my pet peeves.
  15. RangerGuy Augur

Seems like some burst classes just got way more bursty.

Does this mean base dot damage can be increased to copy nukes? Its been a pet peeve of mine that the base damage of nukes has been so high compared to dots.
    Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

I'm unable to come up with an objective, reasonable reason that this happened. Top tier wizards always beat top tier mages, perhaps with the exception of an odd circumstance, so why were wizards boosted and mages nerfs? I seriously don't understand how this helps with balancing.

RIP rains, it was good knowing you.
    Iila and Sancus like this.
  17. Hludwolf Developer

The path to find the achievement using its parent categories now shows up in the achievement window.
    Fanra, Smallpox, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  18. Zalamyr Augur

If it's only half-baked at the moment, why is it even on test? There's not much purpose to testing a change that will need to be retested when they actually finish it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how this change can result in anything other than an absurdly unnecessary wizard buff. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. It sounds like (once the 100% is added back in somehow) damage while staggering the mods remains unchanged, while damage when stacking the mods skyrockets. Is that not the case?

I suppose at least they're respecting the long standing tradition of druids getting nerfed by changes aimed at another class.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  19. Iila Augur

Are we going to get an explanation of what the F is being attempted with class balance that needed a significant mage nerf like this?

The smaller druid and shm nerfs also aren't very cool and are pretty random.

I think we're still trying to collectively figure out what the other changes mean for various classes, but mages getting rekt is very clear.
    Winnowyl, Songsa, Savil and 5 others like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Perhaps it's the first step towards arx raid mob ac counterbalance? Cause you know, two wrongs totally make a right :)