Please fix the complete and utter cesspool that Ragefire is

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by trevock, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numiko Augur

2. Banuvan Augur

Pretty much seems to be the thought process of a lot of people on the server Numiko.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

ban, i agree wwith a lot of your stuff, we have similar views...but:

does not mean

your response is right, kori is right, it is asshattery, but doesn't really break the rules, pointing it out does not mean he supports it. i pointed out on the first friggen page that same thing that ksing isn't against the rules, does that mean i support it?
  4. sihpa Augur

A psychopathic value system (what we have currently) has to have hard, no wiggle-room, rules in place to combat it. There is no changing these individuals. They literally do not have the required systems in their brains to limit themselves like normal people do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marcella-mroczkowski/danger-empathy-and-psycho_b_667637.html

Taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist
    Psychopathy Checklist-Revised: Factors, Facets, and Items
    Factor 1Factor 2Other items
    Facet 1: Interpersonal
    • Glibness/superficial charm
    • Grandiose sense of self-worth
    • Pathological lying
    • Cunning/manipulative
    Facet 2: Affective
    • Lack of remorse or guilt
    • Emotionally shallow
    • Callous/lack of empathy
    • Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
    Facet 3: Lifestyle
    • Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
    • Parasitic lifestyle
    • Lack of realistic, long-term goals
    • Impulsivity
    • Irresponsibility
    Facet 4: Antisocial
    • Poor behavioral controls
    • Early behavioral problems
    • Juvenile delinquency
    • Revocation of conditional release
    • Criminal versatility
    • Many short-term marital relationships
    • Promiscuous sexual behavior
    Sorry to say it but the comic posted up above is basically the law of the land when antisocials are not reigned in. I dont know the best solution but I know we can just wait it out until GoD/LDoN when we finally get a tool to keep these types away from us.
  5. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Do you whine this much when someone cuts you off in traffic? Just curious.
  6. Gregolo Augur

People who label others on the internet out of pure xenophobia as "sociopaths" and "psychopaths" are probably the last people in this forum who should be taken seriously.

I don't agree with your opinion, you're a psychopath.
    You don't apply my personal, specific moral code to your video game. You're a sociopath.
    ^ This is how you sound.

Honestly, stop posting this mindless drivel. It's genuinely probably the dumbest crap on this entire board, and we had a guy say he's opening legal action against DBG for Krono trading. That's a tough act to follow.
  7. lalaloup Augur

Overstatements abound.

Just because someone is a sociopath doesn't automatically make them a bad person. I've had a lot of friends (in game and out) who are sociopaths and I'm not using the word casually. Doesn't mean they're some jacked up gone-girl/ texas chainsaw massacre type.

There's no way to exclude all sociopaths in real life unless you're completely cut-off from your community. Same goes for in game.
  8. Vitali New Member

In a group on Ragefire right now. Like the same time I am posting this. Been in Frenzy camp with this amazing group for 8 hours now, how it's lasted so long is beyond me.
    A group of Twisted Legion players just come in, ignoring us completely, and sitting in Frenzy room. Clearly he intends to take out spawns, but there is nothing we can do about it. Our balanced group of real players are getting by a single person boxing/ likely botting the place we've been doing all day. *sigh*

Names are Rezonation, Kremit, and Rubixcube. So much for TL trying to fix their image.
    Elkay likes this.
  9. Jezzie Augur

That'll be enough for the mods to lock this one up under name and shame policy.
    I'll just say this, that could of been any box, under dps rules it's a problem. Might makes right and at least Daybreak (Holly anyway) acknowledges that it is a real problem.
    The possibility of a non box server has been mentioned to alleviate that issue but realistically I think that if it was to happen, then it would be so far down the road that I seriously doubt I'll still be here for that.
    Reading some forums comments on this new server (that is just an idea atm), players were already planning workarounds so they could box on a non-box server.
    I just found that sad.
    Remember when you were 5 and your parents said "Don't touch that!" so you did, just because you weren't supposed to. That's the mentality of some of the players in mmo's today.
    Rhiyannon, Elkay and woo woo like this.
  10. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

If we apply your logic, replacing "griefing" with "" and then, if is legal, its acceptable behaviour right? Because that is your fundamental argument.

Taking something you know someone else has taken the trouble to clear the spawn and set up is wrong whether DBG says so or not.
    Rhiyannon and woo woo like this.
  11. woo woo Journeyman

Taking something because you can seems to be the "classic" experience everybody wants and that DBG supports.
  12. Templeton Augur

You can always rely, when something like that post is made, someone will be right along to be the case in point.
  13. Kittany Augur

The mind boggling thing about the whole situation is this.

1.1 Play Nice Policies - Activity within EverQuest

In addition to the Rules of Conduct listed in section 1.0, players are also subject to these supplementary guidelines while playing EverQuest. While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and don'ts in EverQuest, it provides a suitable foundation by which the player can determine what activities are appropriate:
    There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server. We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other. Game Masters and Guides will not help negotiate these disputes between players and guilds.

The bolded section is important. For those of you who have missed it, let me quote it again:

"We believe players can resolve disputes about camps and raid bosses between each other."

Obviously they had faith in "Us" to be able to behave like adults. Unfortunately, as it stands right now, the two big raiding guilds Twisted Legacy and Apok have set the rules for the server. And that is simply they do not want to share. To paraphrase something I said earlier "The big bully in the sandbox that doesn't want the little kids to play with his toys".

As it stands, only those two guilds believe that the "DPS race" is the only way that the end game can be played. They propagate the tactic, spouting that there is no other solution while they butting are heads like two male rams trying to gain the attention of a female. In short, typical adolescent male behavior of chest thumping.

So I will stand by what I have also said in the past that right now, these two guilds specifically, are a part of the problem and not the solution. If we as a community want to change, the entire attitude of the "DPS Race" has to change.
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  14. Banuvan Augur

Won't change. It would degrade the accomplishments of others if casuals killed raid targets.

It's obvious that the players aren't going to change so it's going to take DBG either instancing the raid targets, enforcing a rotation, or enforcing some type of rule set to determine which guild gets first crack at a target when a race happens.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. lalaloup Augur

From what I'm seeing, give it just under a month and things should get a little more interesting. Wont be as vibrant as it might have been if the server opening went smoother . . but with all the changes this pretty much a different game than most remember. And when do new releases ever go smoothly? :)
  16. Banuvan Augur

I don't see anything to change the current situation in the future. Kunark opening will put more raid targets out there. That doesn't prevent the same thing that's happening now to continue happening and including the Kunark targets in there. It opens up it a bit more for targets to be missed if they spawn at the same time. You really think Trak won't be locked down to prevent people from getting into VP? Wishful thinking.

It will be interesting to see if anybody decides to stay in the 50-52 range for any amount of time to still be able to kill Naggy/Vox or if that will be taken over by alts/boxes. We are over a month from the server opening. That has nothing to do with the current situation.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. lalaloup Augur

Because most of the people on the server are keeping their head down and just doing what they were going to do anyway, they just had to speed it up a bit.
  18. Gregolo Augur

Lol you think they had faith in you.

They had zero faith in us, saying they had faith in us was word service to lubricate the notion of no GMs with hopes they could get away with lack thereof
    Elkay likes this.
  19. Kittany Augur

Whether this is true or not, the fact still remains the same. You and your guild as well as Apok are simply a cancer on the server with the current attitudes. There is nothing wrong with being the top dog, but there is something wrong with dictating how others should play simply because you yourselves are unwilling to share.
  20. lalaloup Augur

He's not wrong. You don't have to just leave it at belief.

Download DC universe online and see what type of stuff goes on in the open world content. It's a parade of steam rollers that makes this server look charming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.