Please Open Jagged Pine for exping

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Maxham, Jul 13, 2015.

1. drew0987654 Augur

Prathun, what is the justification for the hole being available to play in right now?
  2. Dafootfistway Lorekeeper

Or Hate 2.0 mobs. Currently farmed for gems. Good money off them.

Upgraded plane of sky items too.

Lots of stuff outside of era. Either way, Jaggedpine isn't needed. Now the Warrens for Paineel faction, however...
  3. Maxham New Member

Would you be willing to share your outside the box thinking?

Ive been to the Hole, with out a decently geared tank its a very tough place to level... or a mage lol. I have yet to try PoH, or PoF but im going to assume unless you have full crew these places are also going to be difficult.
  4. Numiko Augur

one word: Guards.
  5. Bandok Augur

They gave us the Hole at launch this time to provide more areas for high levels to exp. After all, they WERE NOT going to instance anything beyond the newbie areas. But then they did. But they left the Hole in, which is good, because there would've been a huge riot about only the end-game rushers getting Loam and Withered Leather gear. And then they added it to the load-balancing list.
  6. Hayzeus Augur

I wonder if Plane of War will be released when the rest of PoP is... it is, after all, from that era :rolleyes:
  7. Numiko Augur

How about never released zone like luclins tower with Luclin expansion! .

I remember reading years ago Brad confirmed it was meant to be a zone similar to Tower of Frozen Shadow and is even pictured on the Box art for the expansion, but was never finished or put into the game.

I always thought Seru's unusable sword was meant to be turned into a Bane weapon to be used against the boss in that never released zone..
    Batbener and Son of a... like this.
  8. Prathun Developer

The Ruins of Old Paineel (The Hole) opened on progression servers when the Planes did, after Vox, Phinny, and Naggy were all slain. We decided to make the Hole available pre-Kunark to increase the amount of high level content on progression. This choice was made when all high level content would have been limited and contested, long before we had those zones configured to load balance.
    Numiko and complexication like this.
  9. Prathun Developer

10. Eldrian Augur

So maybe asking for Jaggedpine is being too greedy but would you consider unlocking Warrens and Stonebrunt mountains? If they don't get used now they will be graveyards by the time they actually are made available.
  11. Simone Augur

Don't think Stonebrunt mountains was ever highly used even when it was first released. Warrens was always a good exp zone and I have leveled many characters from 5-6ish to 18ish in there even on Vulak'Aerr when it wasn't made available until Velious I did spend some time leveling some alts there. Also great place to faction up with Paineel.
  12. Healiez Augur

Yay for 6 months of classic!!!! (at least on lockjaw)

This is what was voted for
  13. Banuvan Augur

Stonebrunt can be fun at the appropriate level. Not many people went there so it was always full of spawns. Some of the drops off the named were really good too.
  14. Flandersian Augur

Good quests, too. Would make Odus a low-mid level hot spot.
  15. Agrippa Augur

While I'd enjoy having more options, it's pretty obvious to look at Jaggedpine's gear list and see that it's out of era. Being that Ragefire and Lockjaw aren't classic servers, though, I'd rather see game improvements that don't really affect power added now. Extended target window, potion belt, bandolier, clicking from bags, etc.
  16. squidgod Augur

Do you know when the next version of the Hole will be released?
  17. Numiko Augur

The revamp that added in the guardian of the seal occured in 2003 after planes of power around the time of LoY if I remember right.
  18. TarewMarrForever Augur

This is a great idea. I think DBG should reconsider.

First, I think the same logic which opened The Hole post-firsts applies here as well. Jaggedpine, like The Hole, should not have opened on launch, naturally. But Jaggedpine, like the Hole, gives you more places to hunt.

In particular, the #2 class on TLP is druid. Let's revisit that list of outdoor places to hunt 40-50 shall we?

It's short. Very, very short. Almost all are dungeons. Go to S Ro and Rathe and OOT in peak times and tell me how much fun it is as a slow killer / dotter / kiter. With DPS race in effect, it's basically a non-starter for the soloing druid (and being one of the top soloing classes, that really sucks).

This zone would be a boon for necros as well, another great outdoor soloing class.

As such, Jaggedpine would be a great addition, and wouldn't break anything. Plus, the "connection" to it is already there from QRG. It "fits" the game world. Hell, we even already have Jaggenpine Treefolk! Jaggedpine was supposed to be in the original game in '99 after all (so was Kunark, but that is obviously a MUCH larger addition and comparing apples and oranges).

I agree, remove the translocator, remove a few key quest NPC's so the armor quests and such are out. Drops from The Hole blow away anything from Jaggedpine. You don't have to worry about that.

Simply having one more huntable outdoor area for the high levels would be a huge improvement, especially since the loot kinda sucks in this zone

Finally, when it was originally released is actually irrelevant. The hole wasn't originally released as "Clasic", so that argument tis moot. What is relevant is what is needed to provide proper balance and advancement within the game for all classes. And, this zone *is* already directly linked to, just like The Hole was. The way to get in is already there, just like it was in '99.

I really think given the amount of effort it would take to release just this one zone, it would be well worth it, especially for druids and necros. Plus there is no "insane" loot in this zone, so it won't be a target for farmers / KSers like OOT / Rathe is.

Probably wishful thinking, but I thought I'd throw my +1 for this idea...
  19. Moonii Elder

It's pretty funny seeing the hardline approach to zones like Jaggedpine, Stonebrunt and Warrens.

Zones that will not be used for anything after kunark releases (I can say this with certainty because on the first prog servers they were ghostlands after kunark opened)

The fact that Jaggedpine worked so well on Sleeper/Combine to alleviate overcrowding in guk and give players different scenery gets completely overlooked.

But hey..I guess we can stop trying because obviously the decision has been made.

At least on ragefire there will be other zones in a month and a half.
    sihpa likes this.
  20. -wycca Augur

It truly is a shame that the Warrens and Stonebrunt aren't in. They're really great zones with a great bit of classic content/itemization/quests.
    sihpa likes this.