soo, transfers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Detheb Augur

Except Ragefire is 3 months unlock, so thats where we'll stay. Have fun in Classic Fellas!
  2. taliefer Augur

i know i plan too~ the slower unlock is the sole reason im transfering to lockjaw. if ragefire was the 6 month server, id be stayin there.
  3. Banuvan Augur

I wonder if they are going to really tack on the extra time to future expansions or if they are completely going to change it up for good. I know they said they would look at the possibility of opening them up early but they have said a lot of things that they went back on. Wish we could actually get some clarification and an actual ruleset for the future of the servers.

If that means we vote every month or every 6 months whatever. Just some type of outline for the future BEFORE people make decisions like transferring and whatnot.
  4. Detheb Augur

I did debate on transferring one or two of my characters to join Modest Man, just so i can play around on both servers. But 6 months still seems like so long.
  5. Arderd and Crowd Augur

Already had problems with someone from RF. I love how these box armies think they can use their dps bots to do whatever they want. Personally I think people should be able to transfer - but I'm sure the people coming over will make it just as bad as RF - they already are. Maybe they should come over naked though so the sever isn't flooded by CoFs and all tht other loot that wasn't gained here on that server - it will effect the economy.
  6. Banuvan Augur

I think most folks will stay on RF who are the type you describe honestly. They won't thrive on a 6 month unlock schedule and the economy will plateau whereas on RF with a 3 month lockout that opens up all the Kunark goodies to be farmed and sold at massively inflated prices.
  7. taliefer Augur

it might drag on at the end, and i will for sure be ready for kunark when the time comes. im just ready for a slower go this time through.

I felt fippy was a little on the fast side and i think ragefire may end up on a timeline pretty close to Fippy. Which is fine, i was just looking forward to a slower pace this go around.
  8. Arderd and Crowd Augur

You have one guild dominating the rest on that server. I highly doubt the others aren't thinking that they can own lockjaw and make out like bandits. It's not only like that - people who are still on RF are used to having to push back - they will change the mindset of the people already there to an extent because of the way that they have needed to act. Again, I'm not against the xfers tho - as the rule sets were changed.
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

It'll happen.

The end of last week was a little... crazy. We're looking at doing a period of free transfers between Ragefire and Lockjaw BEFORE Ragefire starts server votes to unlock Kunark. We're ironing details of this out before we share them with players... and I hope we'll be able to share something this week.
    Numiko, Zirquel, Rhiyannon and 7 others like this.
  10. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I disagree, most people on Ragefire that are pushing back (note this is pushing back, IE reacting to an aggressor) do so not because that's how the want to play, but how they are forced to play if they want to get anything at all. I know I for one look forward to being invited to a group because of my group benefiting songs, rather than my ability to charm mobs just to ensure pulls reach camp.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. taliefer Augur

awesome. thanks. i know last week was crazy, and i do apologize if i came across as rude or impatient.
    Simone likes this.
  12. Katmandu26 Augur

Fantastic - thanks for the update ;)
    Simone likes this.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

Will this period of transfers remain available for at least a short time after Ragefire's vote result is known? If not, then those who might want to transfer from Lockjaw to get into Kunark faster would have transferred for nothing if the vote didn't pass.
  14. Katmandu26 Augur

If they do it like they have in the past, it will get a revote in two weeks. If it doesn't pass the first time, it shouldn't be long.

I can't imagine that they could leave transfers open once Kunark gear starts entering the game.
    Simone likes this.
  15. taliefer Augur

im hoping the transfers are done and over before the vote even happens.

i would also wager the vote to open kunark will pass easily on ragefire.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Thank you for the reply Roshen.
  17. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Keep in mind the combined votes for Open Kunark Now, and Open Kunark in 3 months were greater than the votes to stay in Classic the full 6 months, when you add on top of that the number of people that want to remain in Classic that will be transferring to Lockjaw, and the number of people on Lockjaw that want to open Kunark that will come to Ragefire.. I think it's safe to say that there is no chance in hell the Kunark vote doesn't pass first time up!

Even IF (REALLY REALLY REALLY BIG 'IF') it did fail, you're just as likely for Lockjaw to still stay in Classic even longer too!
  18. Katmandu26 Augur

Listening to friends tonight, it seems there are some questions that might need to be addressed when the transfers are announced, if you would be so kind? (Aimed at Roshen).

1. Level limit?
    2. Number of characters?
    3. (Obviously) Time frame?
    4. How will names be handled - ie, can there be automation for the renaming process?
  19. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    Yep. Blowin' in the wind. Back and forth. To and fro.
  20. Numiko Augur

I am not roshen but i will take a stab as someone who has transfered characters before on live servers

1. 1 to 50
    2. as many as you have slots (max I think is 14
    3. that one I will have to leave to Roshen, but I remember the Trakanon free transfer off was open for several weeks.
    4. if you arrive on your new server and someone has your name a "X" gets added to your name and you get a pop up window giving you an opportunity to select a new name, or you can keep your name with the X at the end if you like.
    Katmandu26 likes this.