Incoming Guide Support for Ragefire & Lockjaw!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Windstalker, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Greetings Intrepid Norrathians,

We’ve seen reports of some, uhm, not-so-awesome moments on the Ragefire and Lockjaw servers and we wanted to provide additional support. Starting soon (like today) you’ll see several awesome volunteer guides from the player community on these servers to help players.

Guides can answer your general questions as well as support our game masters with investigating reports of players cheating, training and other forms of harassment (such as spam, inappropriate language, and bad player names). We’ll be looking at how this goes and how far we should extend this additional support for all EQ players.

You can contact guides by using the /guidehelp command in game. If you have any questions about what behavior is appropriate in-game, check out our Rules of Conduct here.

Do us a solid, and give our volunteer guides a warm welcome when they are on server! Remember that these guides are here to help!

Are you interested in the guide program? Find out more about this program here.
    Zujilli, Xanumbik, Gimple and 12 others like this.
  2. Canik Augur

Mother of god....
  3. Solkos Augur

Great to hear! Thank you Holly!!!
  4. Frenzic Augur

Frenzic approves
    Steampunk likes this.
  5. Zapsos Augur

:eek: Is it Christmas?!
    Zujilli likes this.
  6. toxist Lorekeeper

are you allowed to by a guide on ragefire if you play on ragefire?
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You should probably iron out the server transfers first, since you cannot guide on the server on which you game, and the transfers might interfere with that a bit.
    Mezrah and Fallfyres like this.
  8. Gregolo Augur

[IMG]

In b4 TL has pocket guides. (teasing).

But no seriously. Providing you get the right people this should be a positive influence on the servers.
    Caddilac likes this.
  9. Yara_AB Augur

I can't imagine they will let new folks do that kind of service anyways. I can see this as a large step forward for daybreak and the guide program (from the usual - very welcome - entertaining they did all those past years) and they will most likely only take on such a journey with people they fully trust.

*thumbs up* for that move!
    Whatever helps the community long term is a good thing!

Wow wait ...
    Did you make sure they come with cookies and milk? Sufficient supplies and all that?
  10. Windstalker Executive Producer

Can't be a guide on the same server as a play account. Also, in this trial, only Senior and Elder Guides are working on Ragefire/Lockjaw. They are well known to us and have been supporting EQ for many years.
  11. Numiko Augur

will be interesting to see what impact this has on the servers.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This specific limitation is a very wise decision.
  13. Rhiyannon Augur

14. Smallpox Augur

[IMG]

I am both shocked, and amazed.
    Elkay, Rhiyannon and Aneuren like this.
  15. Steampunk Augur

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. To be honest, I was slipping into a pretty depressed and depressing place (not a ragequit kind of thing, though) and I wasn't sure I wanted to continue playing any more. Now, I think I'll stick around for a while and see what happens. Sorry to disappoint some of you...
    Simone and lalaloup like this.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Bad names? Spam? Both pretty worthless for player retention/ideal experience.

Training? Botting/Hacking? Could be good to see dealt with - not seen much of it though personally. But obviously can ruin people's days quickly.

Any word on using Guides for events and such? That really would be a gigantic boon to these servers to keep folks busy and interested.

Or possibly bringing back the PNP to a degree as well?

I feel like this is a wonderful solution to the puzzle of how to make everyone happy (that can be made happy, some will always be grumps) but with more expansion to it than you're talking about currently.
  17. Buggan New Member

@Windstalker will they be enforcing any kind of " Play nice Policy" ?
  18. Smallpox Augur

Guides cannot enforced anything, they can only report what they see. Hopefully they get an eye-full to report.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Correct that's current wording - it can be un-revised however.
    Caddilac, Rhiyannon and Smallpox like this.
  20. Banuvan Augur

Yea. It's sad and hilarious at the same time. Sad that they actively condone asshattery. Hilarious that they think the ones who cause trouble will want to work anything out in the first place.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.