WTB Customer Service

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Emlynn, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Emlynn New Member

So after some login server issues on Wednesday, I logged in to my account, spent about 10 mins running around Rathe Mountains with my main char, and then my EQ client crashed. When I got back into the character select screen, I tried to enter the game with my main again, and was given the "The zone is unavailable" error (still said she was in Rathe Mountains). I logged in an alt, camped, and then found my main was missing from the character select screen entirely.

Two days later, my main is still missing. I've done all of the usual diagnostic stuff, including:
    • Client restart
    • Machine restart
    • Clearing my EQ files and repatching
    • Logging in from another PC
    • Created an alt and ran to Rathe Mountains to see if there was an issue with the zone, which there wasn't
    • Sent an in game parcel to my main which was immediately returned to sender
    I petitioned immediately, and 48 hours later I'm still waiting for a response. I've raised a bug in the dgc issue tracker, as it seems this has happened to a few people recently, and have yet to see any progress (although one of the devs did acknowledge and tell me to petition). I've even Tweeted Daybreak Help and John Smedley and had no response whatsoever.

I'm a software consultant by trade, and I understand things like this happen, and sometimes they take a bit of time to resolve. What I don't understand is why Daybreak seem to be completely unable to communicate with their customers. Apart from the automated response I've got back, I've had no acknowledgement of the issue. I've got no clue whether anyone's even picked this up, and how long this is likely to take to resolve. I have no escalation path, no phone number to ring, no GMs to talk to in game. Nothing.

Daybreak, your lack of customer service is completely shocking. The players care more about your own products than you do, and you seem to have no issue with taking their cash and then treating them like dirt. How you manage to run a business like that is completely beyond me.

Please sort it out.
  2. Ferry-Tunare Augur

3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

48 hours without a response from CS is NOT treating anyone like dirt. Get over it sheesh.
    complexication likes this.
  4. Emlynn New Member

Thanks Ferry, I emailed Holly and it was resolved in a matter of hours.

Corwyhn you and I clearly have completely different expectations when it comes to customer service. If I am paying a premium for a service and suddenly I'm unable to use it, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect someone to tell me they're looking at it within 48 hours. During this incident I read a number of posts in this forum where people in similar situations haven't got a response for days. In my view it's totally unacceptable, so I won't "get over it". Daybreak are clearly operating with an over-stretched support team and deem it acceptable for paying customers to just put up with it. It's only a matter of time before people take their money elsewhere.
  5. complexication Kassina

This entitled "I pay therefore I demand prompt service" needs to stop, for the love of God.

Just because you pay doesn't make you any better than anyone else. The petition queues are probably backlogged to the Void and back because of the mass suspensions that happened recently. Or the infamous hacking controversy flooding FV, or the fact we're in the midst of being ddosed and people are flooding the petitions wondering what in the name of luclin is going on.

As any report system on the internet, you are serviced when your ticket is at the top of the list. Until then, you can either be patient, or bug holly over the weekend demanding your 'prompt service'.
  6. Emlynn New Member

Ok guys, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I never claimed to be better than anyone else, I wasn't even after a prompt resolution of a significant issue, I just wanted some acknowledgement that my issue was being taken seriously. Looking back at the history of response times through various forum posts, I think it's clear there's too few staff supporting to many users. Companies really suffer for this in any other industry, so why is it acceptable for the gaming industry to cut corners? Why are there no SLAs, and no other official support channels than the send-and-wait petition? Why is there no triage process which prioritizes issues rather than first come first served? These are all basic operating practices in every other industry, why not this one?

My question is rhetorical. If you're happy with the service you pay for then good on you. I was not. Holly helped me out, I am now happy and will continue to pay my subscriptions. Why can't they provide that service to everyone instead of cutting corners to increase profits?

Because we put up with it.
  7. TibalMurphy Elder

On an unrelated topic....anyone else blocked from commenting/posting on daybreaks social networks, Facebook and twitter....they blocked me is the only thing I can guess dunno why though.
  8. Synisca Augur

Actually, their customer service really has become the worst I've seen in any game. It's not the people that actually have to answer the petitions fault, but it's really bad now.
    arbre, Elricvonclief and Iila like this.
  9. Maxe Augur

they fired 5/6 of their CS staff as soon as DBG took over. Most of the time it's Roshen, Holly or like one GM doing all the work. They also did away with the guide program, so nobody can help with small issues to smooth it out some. Vulture capitalism fail.
  10. Yarlawion Senior Guide

While - unfortunately - we couldn't help with such a serious issue, I want to throw in that the Guide Program still does exist. While we don't have the CS capacity anymore we once had we still can help with some minor issues for sure.

I am sorry you are missing your character and I hope that a CSR will be able to assist you in that matter as soon as they get to your ticket.
  11. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

When you are paying (gold/all access) you expect responses within a reasonable timeframe. Maximum time it should take for someone to start looking into an issue would be 24 hours. Wasn't 'in-game support' one of the things that differentiated Free to Play from All Access memberships anyway?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't have access to the website that tells us what customer service timeframes HAVE TO BE for anything at all. Can you link that please?

The cable company I use states 48 hours for customer service work items. Currently over 100 hours on the issue I opened up with them.

In the pension business a plan member needing a work item might be quoted 3 weeks.

Over 24 hours for a game work item resolution? OMG the horror and the inhumanity!
  13. arbre Lorekeeper

The real horror is the complacency of a vocal few supporting such poor Customer Service. Comparing it to the poor CS of cable companies isn't valid because those companies own your patronage. You want cable? It's pretty much a monopoly in most places in the US.

DBG is killing this game with their non-existent CS by driving away paying customers. I know CS is an obvious place to make cuts, but retention of subscribers (and their cash) is important to any successful business model. There are so many other games with much better CS out there.

I love playing this game and want them to succeed, but reported wait times of days, even a week is a complete fail. I see no reason to deride someone frustrated by having to wait on such poor response times.
    Rila likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Um if you want to play EQ, DBG has a monopoly on that. You can always go to P99 :)

But i do agree that their CS is terrible.
  15. anthonycooper85 New Member

Ive been waiting 4 days for a ticket to be answered on top of the current issue i log on to my account to have my toons wiped. IF YOUR NOT GOLD you will wait a week on Customer support. I have spent MORE THAN enough money in the Daybreak store to account for a GOLD membership,. So do a good thing man Take your money go to a different game.
  16. Zarakii Augur

If ya got the money buy em out and change the game!
  17. anthonycooper85 New Member

Lol if i could trust me id put an offer on the table. I love the game. always have . it just the customer service i have started to dislike as of late. Customer service used to be amazing on everquest. but what can you do. i have finally gotten to the point of o well now after reading my own post.