Flagrant botting in paineel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Draslin, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trevock Augur

Because it's against the rules? It's using 3rd party programs to cheat the system? Whether it's killing level 1 skellies over and over to gain a mass amount of bone chips to sell for plat or whether it's killing a mob in lower guk to continously get a SMR or FBSS. It's the same deal. It's not something they're supposed to be doing and it does affect the game one way or another.

How can you possibly defend something like this? This is the entire problem with the community of Ragefire (defending cheating) and it's why so many people want off this cancerous server.
  2. Heilena Augur

because if they choose to ignore violations that are a slap in the face, they wont have the integrity to deal with stuff we don't see.

Its about appearances, and they have the appearance of indifferent to automation, when they clearly state otherwise.

Sure a lot of other people would be doing this, if they knew they had no chance to be suspended.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Draslin Journeyman

This. Exactly this. This is a problem of integrity.
  4. Finchy Augur

For the 3rd time, i'm not defending botters. I simply asked a question. I was curious what forces people to care what others are doing when it doesn't directly effect them, that is all.

You do have to admit the amount of complaints regarding this subject are too large for actually exists...people on this server seem to jump to conclusions pretty fast...some may be right some may be wrong. Just thinking from a different perspective is all.
  5. trevock Augur

I believe it was already stated what forces people to care. In fact, Heilena put it perfectly.

Did you read what she said?
  6. Heilena Augur

As you apparently cannt read normal posts lets make it colored for you.

because if they choose to ignore violations that are a slap in the face, they wont have the integrity to deal with stuff we don't see.

Its about appearances, and they have the appearance of indifferent to automation, when they clearly state otherwise.

Sure a lot of other people would be doing this, if they knew they had no chance to be suspended
  7. Heilena Augur

now a bard is in his place doing ae bone killing
  8. taliefer Augur

a bard can play AE songs indefinitely legilty as long as they dont get bashed and interrupted. not sure if low level skeletons bash or not
  9. Heilena Augur

Yea afk bard farming not illegal since you can not auto loot bone chips
  10. Ducreux Augur

Bro do you even /advloot?
    Behee likes this.
  11. Behee Augur

Video is third party software which gives you an advantage over someone who doesn't know you have that 3rd party software going for you.

Not that I care much, but I point out the ludicrous, self serving, and entirely pointless whining about third party software, even if the dev's deem it is ok to use.
  12. taliefer Augur

you can set up advance loot to autoloot them. once you set up the filter for the first one, it will autoloot them everytime. it was one of the things people mentioned when they introduced the advanced loot system, but there ya go.

i dont have a problem with this, as long as the person isnt using a program to start the songs back up if they get interrupted, which should happen eventually.

not to mention you are susceptible to something more dangerous pathing into the ae song
  13. StreamingEQ New Member

14. taliefer Augur

15. Shmef Augur

appearances can very easily be deceiving. a lack of resources to deal with all instances and an unwillingness to enforce something are 2 very different things.

while you may see it as no doubt at all these people are automated, how do you know a GM hasnt already investigated it and decided there was no automation? all GMs really do is send the person a tell and if they respond they move on.
  16. Behee Augur

Strange, for years and years I have used an in-game macro something like this:

Code:
    \tar a
    \loot
    for situations in which corpses can't be seen. I put it in code section so it can be copied, since it is so clearly complex. The "\tar a" can be "\tar g" to loot Guard Evilguy.
  17. Frenzic Augur

18. sihpa Augur

You would have had to read the thread in order to get the context that went along with the picture that was posted. Frenzic's alt was one of the accused, then magic picture shows up that seemed to prove it, followed by Frenzic going off about how it was photoshopped etc etc. Personally I didnt see anything conclusive, but being accused of scripting had just happened recently, so his "suspicious" responses (as someone else stated made him look guilty) were more or less justified imo.

That thread was deleted afaik.
  19. sihpa Augur

Oh ya and the guy who started the thread named his alt, without knowing it was his alt, as one of the mages hiding in a wall mage petting the guards to death.
  20. RadarX Augur

Closing this up. If you see what you believe to be terms of service violation please report them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.