Monster lag on Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uk6999, Jul 9, 2015.

1. uk6999 Augur

Just wanted to make Devs aware in case they were not already.
  2. Feradach Augur

Seems to be hitting all EQ servers as well as these forums.
    Elkay likes this.
  3. MaestroM Augur

Angry hacker nerds are angry. I hope DBG can track them down and throw the book at them.
  4. RadarX Augur

We're currently resolving an outstanding issue.
  5. Berret Journeyman

An outstanding DDoS, unfortunately.
  6. trevock Augur

Which probably could have been avoided.
  7. Finchy Augur

Very much so could have been avoided...I'm sure this will get deleted/locked, but the way he handled this on twitter yesterday is the sole reason we were unable to play any daybreak games all day yesterday, and honestly who knows how long this will continue. Being a 46 year old CEO of a multi-billion dollar company and lashing out over social media like that? Are you kidding me? I don't agree with that particular group of people, but if I was in their shoes I would have done it too. The situation was handled completely wrong, with the face you present you don't post things like that on social media for the world to read. You keep that quiet and work on solutions in the background so things like this don't happen.
    trevock likes this.
  8. trevock Augur

Couldn't have stated any better than this. Well said.
  9. Hendar2 Augur

I don't feel comfortable blaming Smedley for this. Sure, he could have kept quiet, but incidents like the Feb DDOS, or the Christmas one kinda make the case that these jackwagons are going to hit DBG anyways. This is starting to sound uncomfortably like other cases of blaming the victim. In the end, the decision to DDOS DBG was made by one group of people, and they are responsible. Why not point out how they didn't need to get upset by social media comments?

Remember these are the same people who called in a bomb threat to Smed's plane, sent a SWAT team to his house and doxed him. All of this before any inflammatory comments on the internet.
    Gythlen, Behee and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Behee Augur

They would have attacked over the type of lunch meat. They don't seek anything in particular to fix, they just want to make a fuss. They like that they can turn the community of EQ against the makers, and stay private through it all.

They are cowards, and nothing less. Their war is petty, it has no purpose nor resolution. Fuss for the sake of fuss. Cheer them all you want, but doing so is nothing but an emotional thrill.
  11. drew0987654 Augur

sounds personal. maybe someone got banned forever and was really, reeeeeally pissed off?
  12. Hendar2 Augur

I think it started as a target of opportunity. They went after XBox in addition to the PSN.