Mass Suspensions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Laeli, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rauven Augur

Here's an interesting question to anyone who was affected and can still post. If you were suspended.. and were not using exploits. Why are you guilded with people that do? I don't want to hear the sob story that you didn't know. That's BS.

And now that you know exploits are going on, do you plan to stay guilded with people who got you suspended?

Daybreak isn't at fault here. You're guilty by association. You need to pick better guildmates. In fact whatever guild is responsible should be broken up and scattered. I'm going to find it very hard to believe the leadership didn't know what was going on. They should be the ones that the ire is directed at.
    Gythlen, Genoane, Grish and 3 others like this.
  2. Eilad Lorekeeper

Hello Detheb,

Owndar was an apply which was terminated.

I'm throwing stone at cheaters (re read my post, i didnt mention anyone), if you are innocent of course the suspension should be lifted.

And last but not least i dont care what guild the cheater are in, they are toxic for the game and for the raiding competition.
    Frenzic and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. Detheb2 New Member

Make sure to email Holly with your account name(Or file a petition on a box account) so they can look into it for you. Hopefully they'll fix it for you. Trust me, i'm not to thrilled right now about the situation lol.
  4. Ragefire Mage New Member

Anyone find it ironic how the cheaters are caught red handed, then act like they weren't doing anything wrong.. then come here crying about it..

You guys fail at life & EQ which is over 15 years old yet you still need a 3rd party program to compete and try to monopolize all the best content.. you are nothing but greedy self-entitled pricks that deserve to have your ip perma-banned from all daybreak servers including this website
    complexication likes this.
  5. Zobral New Member

No worries Detheb2. My analogy was a bit douchy though when I reread it. I tried to think up something that would be along the lines of us all policing ourselves better. Doing what is right for the game as a community. Came out a bit wrong lol. I hope you and the other innocent bystanders get your accounts back asap. Would be wrong for DBG to wait too long.
  6. Gregolo Augur

Apok. Remember that post where I called you out for putting up screenshots with obvious M-Q in the UI that you swiftly cropped? I'm sure you'd love to deny it now. This entire thread is buttered popcorn hilarious.

I'm sure some false positives happened and I'm sure they'll be remedied. I have no doubt my man Detheb doesn't use third party, tbh
    Crystilla likes this.
  7. Fostee2 New Member

I'm pissed at the way DBG acted plain and simple. Instead of researching it and finding out who it actually is, and/or warning people that if they do do the stupid stuff like try to trade, dispell, bind sight, or send in pets, they chose to flat out suspend accounts.

I was there 10+ years ago on rathe when BOTS got disbanded and people got banned for training/KSing in the planes... but it was done with a GM showing up to the zone, pointing stuff out and handing out the appropiate rear end kickings. None of that was done here. That was IMO the right way of dealing with stuff like this, this is not. I'm all for perma-banning hackers first offense, I don't want to play with them, I don't want to be associated with them, and I don't want to benefit from them.

And for crying out loud, show some proof. If you accuse someone of something, lay it out. It's impossible to prove a negative. If I say I can fly, you say I can't, and I say prove it, there's no way for you to prove I cannot do something. Same goes for 3rd party, if you accuse someone of cheating, show your proof. It's impossible to prove you're not cheating since you can wipe any trace of a cheat program off your machine, and so it doesn't prove a damn thing.
  8. Wiji Elder

Lol if you think only 1 guild is at raid targets at any one time. Fact of the matter is that cheaters can un-invis the fake raid targets, then everyone can see them regardless of cheats. People have mistakenly took this newly visible Cazic/Inny/whatever as a spawn and targeted/attacked it.

DBG didn't account for the honey-pot targets to be made visible(by cheaters) using taunt/intimidation which is why there are so many false suspensions.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It is amusing to see the amount of whining in this thread by those suspended. When casual gamers have brought complaints to the forums about the actions of the raiding guilds, a common refrain from those guilds has been to "man up" or "suck it up", seems it is time for them to take their own advice.

I hope they permanently ban the accounts of those people that initiated the actions against the shadowed raids. The rest of the people just deserve a slap on the wrist via a short suspension for engaging the the raid targets, given last weeks events, and the speculation on the forums, they should have been more cautious when raid targets are behaving strangely.

One thing needs to be clarified. Can the permanently shadowed raid targets be seen when using any form of legitimate see invis? There are conflicting reports over that...

As for m.q.2 use in guilds, I think too many guilds and people operate under their very own version of "Don't ask, don't tell" where it is concerned. Whilst some of the people that have been suspended may not use said software, they associate with others that have, in the past, been blatant in its use. Perhaps people will stop passively condoning the use of the software now that suspensions are being handed out, though probably not.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Skipper Augur

Glad to read your post. The first place you guys need to look and start asking questions is with your guild leadership, no matter the guild.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Gregolo Augur

Naw the way shadows works is once it's engaged it becomes visible, see invis can't pierce it. So when Apok was pulling unpullable mobs, it became able to be targeted. Some people got banned because they were present when it was able to be targeted (and taunted, hit it, etc..). These guys are actually innocent and really shouldn't even get a slap tbh. Because they had no idea what was even happening.
  12. Detheb2 New Member

Once the targets have been taunted, they go to the normal plane and become visible. There is no way to differentiate between real and fake except when the fake isn't losing HP. On Cazic there is a way, fake one is Cazic Thule(Which is what we got suspended for) and Real one is Cazic-Thule. It was early in the morning and we were tired, and engaged when we saw it "pop" on the spawn. Didn't think to look for a -

A light suspension for attacking a raid boss that pops is beyond ridiculous, 7 days is even more ridiculous.
  13. Rauven Augur

Sounds like more of a reason not to try to tag mobs that you didn't find yourself. Someone was trying to KS and got burned lol. If what you are saying turns out to be true.

7 day suspension for the cheaters.. and however long it takes to sort out the non-cheaters from that group (could take a day or two) for the ones who weren't cheating, but were being a bit douchy for trying to KS. Maybe they'll think twice about doing it next time. Make sure their target is legit.

Either way, they aren't going to find much sympathy around here.
    Mezrah and Rhiyannon like this.
  14. Gregolo Augur

If someone who isn't using third party programs, gets suspended for using third party programs. You don't give any sympathy? Did I read your tone correctly?

What?

A lot of people that just purely didn't even know what was going on got suspended. Because they didn't know how to react. They did nothing wrong, and deserve nothing in terms of suspensions. I'm sure the false positives will get X days put back onto their sub time, though.

Stop pretending that "KSing" is a thing. Disillusion yourself.
  15. Wiji Elder

KSing does not exist, it's a dps race. People saw Cazic on the screen, they didn't know if it was fake or not(they assumed it was real because it was visible). Cazic dies in 30s regardless so people engage asap if there's multiple guilds contesting it. Not really something people enjoy doing, but it is what it is.
  16. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

You were repeatedly told that cheating was the culprit in that other thread you created. I'm actually now willing to believe that you yourself are not a cheater but just terribly naive with respect to your own guildmates. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Rhiyannon and Gregolo like this.
  17. Gregolo Augur

I genuinely believe you're not to blame. A lot of people got banned because of stupidity pulled by your guildmates. Remember the screenshot that had blatant M-Q in it? That you didn't believe me in that thread I called it out on (probably because they cropped before you could see it)? Believe me now?

You really need to have a discussion with those kids.
  18. Juicepolice Elder

This isn't a court of law. No actual lives are on the line.

Perma-Bane em all and be done with it.

If you got banned and you were not a cheater you were dang well playing with them, opps so sorry maybe next time you shouldn't do that eh?

I'm tired of cheaters ruining our game and posting atrocious attacks on anyone complaining about it.

If you got banned I hope you never get to play again.

Never fear though, I don't get to make these decisions and Backbreak has a proven track record of rolling over for cheaters.

I'm sure you will be back momentarily, ruining everyone's fun and talking smack while some program plays the game for you.
  19. Buggan New Member

PERMANENTLY BAN THESE CHEATERS!!!
    Simone likes this.
  20. Gregolo Augur

You're adorable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.